Campaign Assistance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaign Assistance

Hey all. Looking for some story assistance with a campaign I'm hosting.

Initially, I was going to host a Pathfinder campaign but after talking with my players a bit, they decided they would prefer an M&M game instead.

The general basis for my campaign (so far) is pretty simple and barren so far.

Gepetto (yeah, a pre-made baddie but whatever, I'm pressed for time lately) has been kidnapping orphans the past few months. The police have been left dumbfounded and have called in some heroes for assistance.

Aaaaand that's all I have so far. It's a three-man group and I have an NPC detective that I control following them around. I would like it based primarily in Seattle, NYC or Nashville.

I'm not asking someone to write my whole campaign for me, I was just hoping to see some ideas you all would have, or as players what you'd like to see out of a campaign like this.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, this is 1e M&M.

Re: Campaign Assistance

Does the rest of the team have investigative skills too? Or does the NPC do all of that?
    I'm also wondering if the players are interested in following the clues of the scene or if they just want to beat up the bad guys.
    Kit Andersen/GravityBoy! - Whole Family of Supers
    GM - Super Framily Plan
    Captain Thunder - Victory Legion!

Comment

No one else is investigating in the group; out of the three players, one wants to burn him the others want to solve it normally.

Comment

Okay so skip any investigate skill checks that need to be made and make it straight forward. The kids are found with strings attached to them or something that gives away who it is and maybe an INT check for a player to have run into him before. If they fail this, they lose time but the Npc gives them I for a short time later (hours)

Now they have to find where he is. Or where he's going to strike next. Create three places to be investigated (old toy store, abandoned factories in warehouse district, and somewhere else) and maybe set up a "every other Friday" routine for the kidnappings. So the players can either try to find his lair or wait at the next orphanage for him that Friday. (Maybe it's that night and that's why the heroes were called. the cops know he's going to attack but they can't stop him alone)

You can also set up gepettos lair with all sorts of traps and if they don't go there to find him, let him escape and they can follow him back. This you have to read during play,though. If the group gets the bad guy, don't GM fiat him away unless it makes sense. And you can always have him say, "you got me, but you won't be able to save the other children, mwahahahaha!" And then they have to beat the lair without him there, which is a bonus for stopping him.

How's that? Sorry I took so long to respond.
        Kit Andersen/GravityBoy! - Whole Family of Supers
        GM - Super Framily Plan
        Captain Thunder - Victory Legion!

Comment

Working...
        X