Omega?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega?

Just thought, since this is a setting question, I should ask this here...

Can anyone give me a quick rundown as to who/what Omega and the Terminus exactly are? Besides " expy of Darkseid", since Omega seems to be a bit more on the "Destroy everything" side whereas Darkseid is a conqueror.

Re: Omega?

to use DC terms, the terminus is like the bleed, that gap in between alternate universes.

Omega himself is closer to the concept of the Anti-Monitor with a dash of Time Trapper, a being from the dawn of time that wants to see all existence destroyed, who'se pretty much the living embodiment of entropy

Comment

Okay, thanks...and does he have any reason to seek the destruction of all things? Also, what kind of minions does he have? And, last but not least, where could I read up more about him?

Comment

most of the info about the terminus and omega comes from the 2e sourcebook Worlds of freedom. the cliffs notes are in the Freedom City books (or the special edition tenth anniversary heroes handbook)

Omega more or less worships the concept of entropy, so to him, omniversal destruction is the ultimate state of all things, and something to be encouraged whenever possible

the rank and file minions are his omegadrones, cybernetic zombies not unlike the chitauri from the avengers movie, but looking an awful lot like parademons

Omega's lieutenants are his annihilists, beings he'd allowed to survive the destruction of their universes, each indoctrinated to his nihilistic ideology, whether by force or they've just gone that far around the bend

Comment

Thanks for the infos so far!

Are the Annihilists defined anywhere?

Comment

yes. they're also listed in worlds of freedom, as are other terminus residents, such as taavron the undying, who worships the darkness before existence, the furions, who are the new gods expies, and tomen the archivist, who was from the same race as Omega, and is referenced in the starbreed adventure outline in Threat Report

Comment

Thanks a lot

Comment

Has there ever been a conversion of Omega and his underlings to 3e? If so, where can it be found?

Comment

Omega was in the special edition 10th anniversary hero's handbook, the rest, I guess you'll have to wait for the relevant Atlas of freedom PDF, the cosmic handbook or freedom city 3e

Comment

I converted Omega and some of his Annihilists back on the old Tank, along with a bunch of other Freedomverse builds.
                    Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post
                      to use DC terms, the terminus is like the bleed, that gap in between alternate universes.y
                      Could the Imageria be in the Terminus or vice-versa (for a potential Paragons - Earth Prime crossover) ?
                      Yeah, I can fly

Comment

Nothing FC-canon has been mentioned about the Imageria, Ciryon. So if you want to make it possible to reach the Terminus from there, it's your call. Worlds of Freedom actually contains a parallel universe where - like in Paragons - superhumans have only very recently become a thing.
                        [B][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/48-Betterwatchit-s-Builds"]My Builds[/URL]
                        [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/96-The-Betterverse"]My Setting[/URL]
                        [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/169-Stories-of-the-Betterverse"]My Stories[/URL][/B]

Comment

I mean, the Imageria could be a kind of Bleed
                          Yeah, I can fly

Comment

There was a thread on the old forums for a Planetary-esque setting that treated the Imageria like the Bleed, certainly.

Here: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewt...hp?f=3&t=39682

Comment

Originally posted by kingk View Post
                              There was a thread on the old forums for a Planetary-esque setting that treated the Imageria like the Bleed, certainly.

Here: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewt...hp?f=3&t=39682
                              Thanks for the information .

Comment

Working...
                              X