Your Expies/Pastiches/Homages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Expies/Pastiches/Homages

Whatever you want to call it, I want to hear about your parallels to major existing characters. Your takes on Superman, Iron Man, Hellboy, etc. I'm working on some for a potential game and I'm curious to see what other people have done. In particular, my current philosophy is to have parallels that are "one-degree-removed" if that makes any sense. For example, the "Captain America" that I'm working on is a super-cop rather than a supersoldier. I do have ideas for more direct parallels, however.

Right now, my project is my alternate Avengers, based mostly on what will eventually be the MCU roster. The team is called the Argonauts, and works for the ATLAS Corporation (seemingly benign but actually very sinister, of course). They are their world's greatest superheroes, and immensely popular, but this is largely thanks to their publicists and ad campaigns. They are:

The G-Man (Captain America): As mentioned before, he's a super-cop, not a supersoldier. The FBI (or perhaps a SHIELD-style stand-in) created him a symbol of the power of law enforcement versus organized crime in the 1930s. He was given extensive training, a custom revolver with specialized ammo (mostly non-lethal), and a team of expert, honest cops known as the "Incorruptibles." Ultimately, he was successful, but he was imprisoned in the cold storage vault of his archenemy, a scarred gangster, until he was found in the modern day in a televised "open the vault" event. (In reality, the original G-Man is totally dead, but ATLAS took his gear and gave it to someone new and claims he's the same).

Metalhead (Iron Man): Publicly said to be the bodyguard of one of ATLAS's executives, he wears a suit of powered armor. The armor has extensive sonic-based weaponry, and numerous sensor nodes on the back of his helmet (looking something like this. In truth, he's actually one of the company's current executives, and what almost nobody else knows is that he's one of the company's original founders, having preserved his head on cryogenically and able to plug it into various bodies. When merely a businessman, he uses an incredibly realistic one, but when he wants to do some damage, he plugs himself into the Metalhead "armor."

Heracles (Thor): The reason for the team being named the "Argonauts." Publicly, he claims to be the ancient Greek hero-god returned to help humanity once more. I'm not sure what his secret is, but it may be that he's not actually a god, or if he is, that he's much more of a jerk than the public realizes (in keeping with the mythology).

The Ogre (Hulk): Not much on this guy yet, other than the idea that he probably spends most of his time "Ogre-d out." I'm thinking he also has the ability to incite a rage in anybody near him.

Brown Recluse (Black Widow): A Blaxploitation-style super-spy, and former agent of ASP (the SHIELD equivalent, with elements of COBRA/HYDRA to mix things up). She's more inclined to use guns than her inspiration, but is both a crack shot and a master martial artist. She's actually one of the more sympathetic members of the team, given her cover ops past and current shady job.
    EDIT: I should add, since this is potentially offensive, that this is done as a reference to the movie/show Black Dynamite, which my players are familiar with and fans of.

Lady Luck (Scarlet Witch): Wearing green, a probability manipulator. I don't have much in the realm of back story yet, though it may turn out she's using some sort of technical gadget, ala Fortune from Metal Gear Solid, rather than having inherent powers.

Red Mercury (Quicksilver): An atomic speedster, Lady Luck's brother, and possibly also a gadget user. He also needs to be fleshed out.

I'm still working on concepts for Hawkeye and Vision parallels, and possibly Black Panther and Ant-Man ones. And while these are semi-villainous takes, I'm curious what people have done with outright heroes. So bring it on! Who are your Squadron Supremes? Your Champions of Angor?
    Last edited by kingk; 11-06-2014, 10:08 PM.

Re: Your Expies/Pastiches/Homages

In one game on the old ATT that I really didn't get a chance to flesh out much since the game didn't last long at all...

Pin-Point: MCU Hawkeye expy, agent of STORM, except his super-skill set is that of Bullseye rather than bows and arrows. Also, he has a similar origin story to Daredevil, in that his father got killed by the mob over gambling debts.

Link: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewt...865151#p865151

Meanwhile over on the Game Room here going strong in Extreme Unction...

Jesse Henderson: British Indiana Jones, taken up to eleven.
    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
    Crinoverse - Avengers
    Crinoverse - Young Avengers
    Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
    Crinoverse - Time After Time
    Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
    Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
    Extreme Unction

Comment

Originally posted by kingk View Post
      Whatever you want to call it, I want to hear about your parallels to major existing characters.
      Hmmmmm, I don't really go in for major homage characters, baring my "Concordant Alliance" who are more rip offs of the Squadron Supreme, than a rip off of the JLA.... Its a meta-rip-off I suppose.

Actually you know what, I do have an homage character, its just not a character as much as a location.

In the early days of the common superhero era of my setting (starting in 1990, after their being no superheroes since the 50's, after a superhero filled golden age), a Justice League team showed up calling themselves the Earth-Guard. They built there HQ in New York City since at the time the team was a NYC based team. This HQ was very public & was located/called "Horizon Plaza." In 1999 on new years eve, the then current team were kidnapped, as was their entire HQ. The HQ was put in an atmosphere bubble & placed in Earth Orbit.

Once the immediate danger was over, they had no way to get the Plaza back to Earth, so retrofitted it & it became the new Earth-Guards space HQ, now called Horizon Station (though most people still call it Horizon Plaza).

Essentially I stole the Young Justice version of the Hall of Justice" & turned it into the Young Justice version of the "Satellite."

Come to think on it, my Justice Society pastiche, the Midnight Society has it HQ in a fair sized Manor in New York City, that's part JSA Brownstone, meets Stark Mansion.
      “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

-Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatic One View Post
        In one game on the old ATT that I really didn't get a chance to flesh out much since the game didn't last long at all...

Pin-Point: MCU Hawkeye expy, agent of STORM, except his super-skill set is that of Bullseye rather than bows and arrows. Also, he has a similar origin story to Daredevil, in that his father got killed by the mob over gambling debts.

Link: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewt...865151#p865151
        Cool idea, especially his Deadpool-esque enemy.

Originally posted by saint_matthew View Post
        Hmmmmm, I don't really go in for major homage characters, baring my "Concordant Alliance" who are more rip offs of the Squadron Supreme, than a rip off of the JLA.... Its a meta-rip-off I suppose.
        That counts! I'd be curious to hear more details!

In the early days of the common superhero era of my setting (starting in 1990, after their being no superheroes since the 50's, after a superhero filled golden age), a Justice League team showed up calling themselves the Earth-Guard...
        Sounds cool, mind sharing who they were?

Come to think on it, my Justice Society pastiche, the Midnight Society...
        Once again, this sounds interesting, and I'd love to hear what the roster was.

Comment

That counts! I'd be curious to hear more details!
          Zorn, Midnight, Cognitive & Guardian, all members of a JLA style team called the Concordant Alliance in an alternate reality from my normal setting.

ZORN (Paragon)Born to a middle American family, he was drenched in strange radiation from a Zorna-class Solar flare invetro during a cross country flight. He is this worlds greatest hero.
          Pastiche: Superman

GUARDIAN, THE (Energy Controller)
          An up and coming science fiction writer, empowered by a strange blue symbol on the palm of her right hand: She is able to create objects & even short lived constructs from solidified quantum energy (given form via solid light). She replaced Nemesis, the previous user as the wielder of this quantum force.
          Pastiche: Green Lantern by way of Quasar

COGNITIVE (Psionic)
          A dyed in the wool Newspaper journalist: She was gifted with above normal mental abilities. She practiced & practiced in secret till she became the worlds number one telepath (not to mention a very talented telekinesis user). Using her gift covertly as a journalist for the, “New York Express.”
          Pastiche: Lois Lane if she had the mental powers of the Martian Manhunter

MIDNIGHT (Battlesuit)
          A modern day polymath, who at a young age made a small fortune off of patents for really simple engineering tech, that was used to revolutionise engineering technology. But he wasn’t happy with just that, he also trained his body & mind to peaks of human performance. Eventually he put on a costume & played hero till the events of “The Invasion,” when he broke out the ultimate sanction, his Omega Costumes; a specially powered Midnight costume.
          Pastiche: Batman

Unfortunately after five years of being the pre-eminent superhero team, their world was attacked by an alien invasion force, using an all powerful cosmically empowered battleship, a relic from a lost time, the last remnant from a lost space empire, which decimated half a galaxy before being stopped. By the time it reached Earth the battleship had picked up an entire armada of ships from worlds conquered on the way to Earth.

This resulted in a cosmic event book, which lead to the entire Concordant Alliance fighting off this alien threat. Eventually they won by getting on to the ship & fighting with the now insane captain (the ship being sentient, it whispered dark secrets into his mind until he went mad). Zorn broke his rule about killing to stop the threat, but didn't know that the ship was wet wired to the captain & the killing of the captain would cause the ship to overload the ships engines, reality-engines.

They tried to stop it, but the reality-drive caused a reality cascade, which caused the collapse of the entire reality, from the outside in. Guardian tried to save the team by putting them in a quantum bubble, but when the two interacting forces collided, they were thrown out of reality, into my normal setting. So in this new reality & with no home to go back to (or so they think), they decided to rescue our world from ourselves, by trying to take over.... For our own good of course.

Sounds cool, mind sharing who they were?
          The Earth-Guard have never been defined, since my universe is a internally consistent meta-narrative universe, where I let people define things by playing them. One day I may want to go back and have PC's run the original founding members of the Earth-Guard.

Once again, this sounds interesting, and I'd love to hear what the roster was.
          Oh the Midnight Society is equal parts JSA & Pulp Fiction Heroes, a New York based team, that disappeared early in the 40's when the government asked them to intercede on an important mission. Whatever the mission was, they did not return from it & whatever the effect was it resulted in their HQ going into a strange form of temporal stasis, that also functions as a perception filter which makes people forget what's inside the building if they peak through the windows.

The HQ was rediscovered in the early 2000's, by a pair of Parkor enthusiasts with go pros on their heads. They spotted the big Midnight Society round-table through a sky light, but then immediately forgot what they had seen when they left.... A year later when cutting together some footage for the internet, they stumbled across the footage & realised what they had found but forgotten.

GM's Note: I fully intend to bring the team back from their last mission inside a temporal bubble at some point & release them on the modern world.

Indigo: One of a pair of sons of old English money who had moved to the continent to make even more money. On his way back from a trip to England by way of the orient (at the age of 16) the plane he was in suffered an unforeseen technical issue and crashed in China. He was the only survivor of the crash, and found himself in the snow encrusted mountains far from civilization. His only hope was light and smoke at the top of a mountain, with perilous stairs & so he started his ascent.

This was actually the monastery of the one million steps. An when a week later mostly dead he reached the summit he found safety within the walls of the monastery. What happened inside the walled city is unknown as Indigo never speaks of it, but on his 20th birthday he returned to his home in New York City only to find it decimated, his parents dead & his brother running a corrupt echo of his father’s business (an unhappy at his brothers return). An on that day he became a weapon against criminals in New York City as Indigo, starting with his own brother.

Jungle Girl: An American girl-child from the 1910’s is marooned on an island disconnected from time after a plane crash, stuck in a world of dinosaurs, Nazis, native savages & dinosaurs: Raised by a combination of her archaeologist mentor & the local natives, she reached the optimum human physical peak, by eating a herb that is only found on the island.

As time went by she became one of the islands protectors, fighting off the machinations of many forces. When a group of undesirable types, used a machine to open a breach to pass through the mists that surround the island, she had to venture back into the real world, to find a way to close the gateway. She succeeded, with the help of members of the Midnight Society, only to get stuck in NY City in 1938.

Jet-Girl, the Rocket-Ranger: During the 20’s aviation was a cutting edge science, with both the Axis & allies looking for new technological edges. A scientifically minded individual who had worked with planes his entire life had the idea of creating a special fuel & rocket powered engine, for rocket or jet planes. The idea was one of many inventions he had come up with including a new super light alloy with amazing properties, a hand held paseo-electric generator gun & a special spray that made clothes mostly bullet proof.

However before he could present them to the military, Nazi spies kidnapped the scientist. An so his tomboyish daughter, took up her father’s inventions & eventually rescued him from his kidnappers, in a showy dog fight over New York City, with a Nazi-Ubermench wearing his own Jet Pack (his pack being a faulty version, which was destroyed in the fight).

Her father decided that the technology was too dangerous for either side to have access to, so he destroyed his notes & all his models, except the ones worn by his daughter, who would continue to make up for his mistake as “Jet-Girl, the Rocker-Ranger.”

The Blur: History professor turned Archaeologist was on an expedition in the ruins of the caves of Marmarospilia, better known as “the Caves of the Nymphs” from the story of the Odyssey. According to the story it was the cave where Odysseus hid the gifts of the Phaeacians after his return from Troy.

Treasure scavengers attacked his dig & killed his staff, forcing him to flee into the caves, where he stumbled & found a bronze medallion. Upon touching the medallion he gained the power of incredibly speed, with which he dispatched his assailants. Upon later investigation, he discovered that it was the “Medallion of Mercury”, messenger of the gods & so he set out on a life of adventure & fun, as the Blur. University professor & archaeologist by day, super hero by night.

The Sentinel: Astrophysics college student on an observation at an observatory, spots a falling object coming towards the observatory…. Upon chasing it down he finds a strange meteorite, of unknown origins. Upon investigating its strange properties he found it could do many amazing things. So he built a special housing for it, a cosmic rod & became the first true superhero of the golden age era.
          “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

-Doctor Who

Comment

*Various cool ideas*
            Those are some really interesting ideas. Coupled with your "Suicide Squad" that you posted about over in the General forum, it sounds like you have a really interesting setting. Have you ever considered making a thread for it?

Also, I was thinking about another super-team I was working on. The Magnificent Seven are to the JLA what the Argonauts are to the Avengers, in terms of slightly-off counterparts, but if they were to be used in my current campaign they'd probably be from an alternate dimension. They're also more traditionally heroic than the Argonauts and their secret agendas/masters. They are:

For Superman either-
            Overman: A powerful psychic with an Omega symbol on his chest, he uses telekinesis, telepathy, and ESP to replicate a traditional paragon powerset, with some tricks. His origin involves a first battle that's midway between Man of Steel and Akira, between himself and another newly emergent psychic. Probably shades of Chronicle there too honestly.

The more direct knock-off, Superb-Man/Savior: An alien from a dying world, Yul-Bren was rocketed to Earth to be raised as one of us. Unfortunately, the lesser gravity and brighter sun of his homeworld means he is weak and feeble compared to humans, needing glasses and walking hunched over. However, he was still raised to stand up for what he believes is right. As an adult, he discovered the ship that brought him to Earth, and the encounter suit his biological father had designed for him. Made of miraculous alien technology, it is stronger than anything on Earth and increases the wearer's strength to paragon-levels. Additionally, it is capable of flight and comes with built in sensors and a HUD-display. When wearing it, Superb-Man stands tall and doesn't need his glasses, his normally sickly facade seemingly vanishing. Wearing the suit, he defends the people of Earth, recognizing that this suit is a great tool for doing good.

For Batman-
            Blackbird: The wealthy scion of an old-money family, his parents were killed by a mysterious assailant with a knife in a dark alley. In his grief, he entered his family's library and discovered their immense collection of occult texts. He learned that his family was heir to a grand tradition of sorcerers, and became determined to use magic to prevent others from suffering as he had. He traveled the world, honing his body with lost martial arts secrets, while digging up all sorts of mystical knowledge. He specializes in ritual magic rather than spell-casting, though he has superhuman kung-fu, and when given enough time can create all sorts of alchemical concoctions to give himself even greater strength and abilities. He's also assisted by a number of Ravens, orphan children he has taken in as apprentices in his crusade.

For Wonder Woman-
            Warrior Woman: I have less prepared for her, but I know she's a valkyrie come to Earth, wielding a shield and several other notable weapons/tools from Norse mythology.

For Flash-
            The Flare: A speedster with friction-related powers. Instead of the Flash's crackling lightning, he leaves trails of fire as he runs, and can hurl flame attacks once he has built up speed, in addition to other friction-related tricks.

I don't have solid ideas for Green Lantern, Aquaman, or Cyborg. I'm going with the eventual DC cinematic Justice League here, so I'm avoiding Martian Manhunter, though I really like including him. I've thought about Guidelight for Green Lantern, the Atlantean or the Leviathan for Aquaman, and Transhuman for Cyborg, but I have no idea what their concepts would be. For possible Martian Manhunter-analogues I've considered the Martian Monk, the Mercurial Man-Eater, the Plutonian Pursuer, the Saturnian Stalker, or (possibly combining him with Aquaman), the Neptunian Nemesis.

Comment

Those are some really interesting ideas. Coupled with your "Suicide Squad" that you posted about over in the General forum, it sounds like you have a really interesting setting. Have you ever considered making a thread for it?
              No but I have thought about doing a villain book. I've got 50+ solo villains from over the last decade, in a portfolio, complete with terrible art work, but whenever I look at how much it would cost to actually develop the cost is pretty off putting, especially for the artist/colourist team I would want to commission the artwork. Maybe once I'm back to fulltime work I'll reconsider it.

-Doctor Who

Comment

I think most of my setting is Expies, at least considering the historical NPCs and such, though I do try to skew towards the less obvious homages (aside from Superman, I think most settings need a Superman-type guy). I'll put up a list later today.
                SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude - My RollCall thread
                Savage City: Welcome to the Jungle - My Custom M&M Setting

Comment

I like using the lesser characters and usually only for NPCs or villains when I need numbers - I've recently put together a Nightstalkers-like NPC team based on the Blade Trinity film that hunts one of my players who they believe to be a Vampire.

The group is currently called "Night Life" (though I'd welcome some suggestions for a better name however we already have a NightWatch) with characters consisting of Sandra Chiang, the half vampire leader (Blade) supported by Amir Hussein (Hannibal King), Adriana Verstraeten (Abigail Whistler), a blind, mottled skin female hacker called Despyre Summerfield (she's got a young daughter as well) an inventor-type teen fighter called Ariela Stone and a middle-aged support guy called Dex' Grimwood.

I prefer to only use homages when I want some extra background though I prefer a better gender/race/age mix than I usually find in comics and films.

Comment

Prominent Expies in the setting I'm working on:

Max Marvel - Basically Golden Age Superman, just a really strong, nearly indestructable guy who can run fast and jump hella high. Debuted in the 1930's as the world's first publically recognized Superhero. Forced to retire in the early 50's due to allegations that he was a homosexual, Max lived in relative seclusion until the 70's, when a movie was made about his life. Afterwards, he experienced a slight upswing in popularity, which lasted until his death in 1996, from AIDS.

Black Tide/Wavelord - This is my Namor expy, and the world's first supervillain (though he fell into the "tweener" category during WWII). His very public battle with Max Marvel was the first major super-battle between superhumans of nearly equal power (prior to that, Max's foes were crime bosses and minor supervillains). Originally called "Black Tide" by the press, due to his skin color, the man who called himself Wavelord was Max Marvel's physical equal, but could legitimately fly and is rumored to be immortal. Claiming to be from ancient Atlantis, he eventually allied himself with the US, and became a prominent figure during the Civil Rights movements of the 1960's. He disappeared in the 70's and hasn't been seen since.

Professor Quick - Here's a prime example of my usual type of homage character. The Prof is a combination of Barry Allen, Reed Richards and the Doctor. He's a time traveling superspeedster genius, who gained his powers after a prototype time travel device blew up in his face and shunted him out of synch with normal time flow. His default perception of time is 5 times slower than a normal person's, but he can speed up to the point where the usual speedster tricks are within his grasp. He's functionally immortal, because he'd have long since died of old age being the premier hero of my setting's Silver Age. He's somewhat detached and more pragmatic than other heroes of that time period, to the point where he settled down in the 90's and started a family. His wife has since passed on, but his daughter keeps him more tied to the present than he had been previously.

The Atomen - My X-Men expy: dangerous people born after the advent of the atom bomb who naturally have nuclear powers. Their founder and leader, Atoman, is basically Charles Xavier with Doctor Manhattan's abilities. Other members of the team are strict expies: Biohazard = Captain Atom, Proton Girl= A female Atom, The Alchemist = A male Atom Eve, Fat Man = The Hulk, and so on. They are believed to be responsible for a disaster in the 1980's (similar to the ending of the film version of Watchmen), and have been on the run ever since.

Bloodgeon - Essentially Captain America + Luke Cage, if he was a 90's anti-hero. A supersoldier with unbreakable skin who waged a violent street war with gangsters and supercriminals over the course of the decade. After 9-11, he was appointed the head of H.E.R.O.I.C. (Homeland Extranormal Regulation, Observation, and Intelligence Corps), a new peacekeeping organization for policing superhuman terrorists formed by President Bush. He now serves as the Nick Fury of my setting.

There are more, but those are the most prominent ones for my setting, which is still a work in progress.
                    SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude - My RollCall thread
                    Savage City: Welcome to the Jungle - My Custom M&M Setting

Comment

It's funny- I really don't prefer the "Homage" style of O.C./NPC creation, because I think it's gotten beyond cliche in regular comics. Particularly because Marvel keeps creating Supermanalogues (it was cute when it was Hyperion. Even Gladiator was okay- it's not like he was a major character. But another couple Hyperions? The SENTRY? BLUE MARVEL? SUN GOD?)- it always comes across as envious when it's overdone- "Wah- I wish WE had Superman in OUR universe- I'll just make up my OWN and tell the Superman story *I* want to tell!".

That said, I managed to populate all my universes with variants of lower-end losers like The Wrecking Crew and The Serpent Society . God bless the Jobbers. And I still ended up with a Supermanalogue. Sort of.

Some of mine:
                      Mega Woman:
                      A while ago, I'd created a Justice League-ish team since I was reading Grant Morrison's JLA at the time. I'd made up a Meta-Man and a Meta-Woman, largely-inspired by Ninja High School's Tomorrow Boy & Girl. Eventually I found Meta-Man to be a bland Supermanalogue and dropped him, but figured having a WOMAN be the absolute top-tier Superhuman of her world would be something different.
                      The Dino Crew: Basically take the role of The Wrecking Crew (moronic powerhouse Jobber Villains), but dinosaur-men. T-Rex, Triceraton, Stegron, Ankylus, Terror-Claw/Raptor & Pterrax.
                      The Agents of Aquarius: The Serpent Society as aquatic-themed animals: Bull Shark, Thresher Shark, Oarfish, Lanternfish, etc.
                      The Knife: Razor-Fist, but his feet are knives, too.

Stuff when I was a young kid:
                      Killer: Basically Colossus but with a jheri curl mullet, since that was the coolest haircut in the universe.
                      Malcolm: When Bishop debuted in The Uncanny X-Men, he brought with him two guys who were killed in a couple of issues. Malcolm had a bitching eye-patch thing and double-barrelled guns on his wrists. That made him awesome, and so I had a "Malcolm" instead of a "Bishop".
                      Snow Leoparda: Yes, really. Basically Tigra but my favourite cat instead of a tiger. And a Psychic Knife, because I was an X-Men fan and thought Psylocke was equally-hot.
                      Jabroniville at Hotmail dot com
                      http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/index.php

Comment

OK, here goes:

Titan - Superman/Captain Marvel/Thor mashup. I was going to call him Powerhouse (because he possessed superhuman strength and durability, and had a bunch of electrically-related powers), but it would've been confused with the archetype (he's more of a Paragon character). He's the "Golden Age" character.

Alchemy - The "Wonder Woman" of the team, with some Scarlet Witch and Red Sonja thrown in. She represents '70s comics, with fads like kung fu and sword-and-sorcery. Also, the "feminist" trend that gave birth to characters like Spider-Woman and She-Hulk.

Revenant -The "Batman" who also had zombie (and some ghost)-related powers. Basically his origin was an homage to old-school horror comics like Tales From the Crypt.

Merman - The "Aquaman" of the team, who also had aspects of Spider-Man and Wolverine (because he represented the birth of Marvel Comics). He was a high school student until a near-drowning caused his body to mutate, giving him the ability to survive underwater. He also has shark-like fangs and talons.

Slo-Mo - The "Flash". His abilities were really a form of space/time manipulation. He represents deconstructionism.
                        Last edited by Radical; 10-29-2016, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Well, if you check my build thread http://roninarmy.com/threads/5712-Ke...CU-characters) you can find my pastiche of Captain Marvel (as well as my take on Captain Marvel), as well as a pair of urban vigilantes who take some of their cues from Batman and Robin. And an Aquaman homage, though he started out as an Aqualad riff.
                          Last edited by Earth-Two_Kenn; 10-24-2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I'm still working on concepts for Hawkeye and Vision parallels, and possibly Black Panther and Ant-Man ones. And while these are semi-villainous takes, I'm curious what people have done with outright heroes. So bring it on! Who are your Squadron Supremes? Your Champions of Angor?
                            I've done the White Lion as a Black Panther expy, but so has Green Ronin. If you want something a bit more absurd any colour with any cat works wonders: Purple Jaguar, Orange Lynx, Green Ocelot, Vermilion Tiger, and so on.

Vision is The Sight. A female styled android with the same power set. Ant-Man is a shrinking hero, so Tiny Tim maybe?
                            My Current Campaign: Earth-82 (WIP)

Comment

I once made a Taskmaster knock-off named Paragon for the champions universe. It matters which universe because you make his abilities off whoever is the best within that universe so he's always a little different. I think I may have update the idea for M&M.

Comment

Working...
                              X