Exalted using the Mutants and Masterminds Rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exalted using the Mutants and Masterminds Rules

I am a big fan of White Wolf's (now Onyx Path) Exalted setting. I enjoy the setting itself, the countless varieties to that standard setting and the feeling of being a mover and shaker that isn't really in your average RPG.

I also love Mutants and Masterminds because I'm a big superhero fan and I enjoy how simple and streamlined the rules are (something that the Storyteller system is most certainly not).

I feel that using the M&M system for the Exalted setting might become the best of both worlds for me, but I have yet to try it (mainly because I have no real experiences in 'transferring' games from system to system). Has anyone given this a shot before? If so, are there any Exalted fans or M&M fans who have an opinion on this idea?
    What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening? I don't know, but I trapped it in my bedroom. Send help.

Re: Exalted using the Mutants and Masterminds Rules

I haven't seen anyone run an Exalted game with M&M, but I have seen Exalts built under the system.

I've always wanted to do conversions of some of the characters (Scarlett Empress, all the ones covered in Scroll of Exalts), but my build backlog is long enough as it is.

Kreuzritter did a few original Exalts under both 2E and 3E and they look pretty solid. I'll hunt up the links for you.

EDIT-
    Herja, PL 9 Solar Exalt
    Jarita, PL 9 Lunar
    The Unloved Virgin Bride of The Unluckiest Chapter And Verse PL 8 Abyssal
    Cynis Usako PL 10 Lunar

Kreuz also had a PC in a Crinoverse game who was a Solar, eventually hit PL 12 and oodles of points, and mostly used Variable to represent the sheer number of Charms and Artifacts he had at his disposal.
    Last edited by Arthur Eld; 08-12-2018, 11:06 AM.
    Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!

Comment

I once played in a fairly successful Dragon-blooded game of exalted. (Pirate-hunting in the west, with a bit of politicking)

I think the results were closer to exalted as intended, with the dragon-blooded been far more elemental based than regular

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Eld View Post
        I haven't seen anyone run an Exalted game with M&M, but I have seen Exalts built under the system.

I've always wanted to do conversions of some of the characters (Scarlett Empress, all the ones covered in Scroll of Exalts), but my build backlog is long enough as it is.

Kreuzritter did a few original Exalts under both 2E and 3E and they look pretty solid. I'll hunt up the links for you.

EDIT-
        Herja, PL 9 Solar Exalt
        Jarita, PL 9 Lunar
        The Unloved Virgin Bride of The Unluckiest Chapter And Verse PL 8 Abyssal
        Cynis Usako PL 10 Solar

Kreuz also had a PC in a Crinoverse game who was a Solar, eventually hit PL 12 and oodles of points, and mostly used Variable to represent the sheer number of Charms and Artifacts he had at his disposal.
        i also made

Ayesha, She Who Must be Obeyed - PL 8 lunar
        Tenkan no Sekijistu - PL 8 solar
        Windracer - PL 9 infernal

Comment

Actually found a 3e mutant and masterminds take on Exalted a while back. There are a few things about it that bug me, but on a whole, it's pretty solid.
          Last edited by The Quiet One; 10-12-2014, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X