Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the Slow Extra work?

The slow extra states;
    An Affliction or Weaken effect with this flaw takes much more time to affect its target, usually outside of the rounds of action time. A Slow effect may take minutes, hours, or a day or more between checks to resist and overcome it. On the upside, the effect lasts longer, but it may not take effect quickly enough to change the outcome of the encounter where it is used! This makes an Affliction or Weaken effect operate more like a traditional toxin or disease. -1 point per rank.

Now given this is a flaw and not a flat upgrade does this mean the initial check also takes this long to take effect? A person would make their dodge check fail and then be told 'Nothing seems to happen' and it takes however long for the first check to occur? Or do they still make the initial check and find out how it affects them and then their next chance to resist it is 20-infinity rounds away(Not literally but a day is.....a impressive timer in action rounds). Or do they make their save against it and then the effect occurs later?

Because the very first thing I thought of in regards to it was 'wouldn't a cumulative affliction make this entirely a benefit?'. You'd get your effect immediately, you could force a check every round(if accurate enough), and they'd get no further chances to resist without help until FAR after the combat is over. And if this reading is correct do you think IF I allowed or made such a thing in my game I should make Slow a extra when on a power with Cumulative instead of a flaw?

Extra question: I saw someone stating up a damage effect with Slow on it and while I'm fairly certain that wouldn't work remotely for.....a lot of reasons. But it further made me think maybe the idea was it delivered its effect later? Would it work at all? And if it doesn't could it possibly be used on a power with secondary effect to make the secondary effect occur later?
Working...
X