Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: House Rule thoughts on high defs vs high tough

Originally posted by jmucchiello View Post
    Define max power. Afflictions are limited like any other attack to attack bonus + effect rank <= power level * 2.
    I meant =2*pl. Someone with, say, dodge/parry 6 and will/fort 10 is obviously going to do worse than someone with dodge/parry 12 and will/fort 10 against affliction and weaken.

Comment

Originally posted by DeanH View Post
      I meant =2*pl. Someone with, say, dodge/parry 6 and will/fort 10 is obviously going to do worse than someone with dodge/parry 12 and will/fort 10 against affliction and weaken.
      Yes, I meant Power Level * 2. Why did you "correct" me?

And while that's true. It really isn't that significant. The will/fort part is usually more of an issue. And my system would penalize the dodge/parry of 6 compared to 12 because on average the DC will be 1 higher when the attacker rolls "high".

Comment

Originally posted by jmucchiello View Post
        Yes, I meant Power Level * 2. Why did you "correct" me?

And while that's true. It really isn't that significant. The will/fort part is usually more of an issue. And my system would penalize the dodge/parry of 6 compared to 12 because on average the DC will be 1 higher when the attacker rolls "high".
        I wasn't correcting you, I was answering your question of what I meant by maxing. Will/fort is more of an issue if all the characters are toughness shifted, but parry/dodge still matters. I don't get the impression your villains are trying to take the players out with cumulative afflictions which is what I'm talking about. I also don't think your idea will shift the optimal balance of toughness/defense and damage/accuracy more than one point, though you can do whatever you like in your own game.

Comment

Originally posted by DeanH View Post
          I wasn't correcting you, I was answering your question of what I meant by maxing. Will/fort is more of an issue if all the characters are toughness shifted, but parry/dodge still matters. I don't get the impression your villains are trying to take the players out with cumulative afflictions which is what I'm talking about. I also don't think your idea will shift the optimal balance of toughness/defense and damage/accuracy more than one point, though you can do whatever you like in your own game.
          And yet they do that all the time. Trying to guess what my game is like based on the rule change I proposed is not the purpose of this thread.

Comment

Working...
          X