Moveable Create?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moveable Create?

I have 3 questions about this and appreciate any and all help you can give.

1: If a flying character creates a force sphere around them for protection, can they then move and take it with them as a free action, like an object they're grabbing, or would it take their standard action to do so?

2: The default create effect is ranged; is it reasonable to limit it to close so the character can only create things next to them, but create long objects like bars they use to hit people far away with?

3: If a character can create force constructs and move them around, is there any reason why they couldn't use those constructs to pick up other objects as though they also had the move object effect? It does cost more power points to do it with create as opposed to just getting move object.

Again, thank you very much for your insight.

Re: Moveable Create?

Originally posted by Some Rando View Post
    I have 3 questions about this and appreciate any and all help you can give.

1: If a flying character creates a force sphere around them for protection, can they then move and take it with them as a free action, like an object they're grabbing, or would it take their standard action to do so?

2: The default create effect is ranged; is it reasonable to limit it to close so the character can only create things next to them, but create long objects like bars they use to hit people far away with?

3: If a character can create force constructs and move them around, is there any reason why they couldn't use those constructs to pick up other objects as though they also had the move object effect? It does cost more power points to do it with create as opposed to just getting move object.

Again, thank you very much for your insight.
    1: The latter. Moving around a created object with the extra takes a standard action (just like Move Object), since there's no physical connection with the user. For moving it with a free action, you'd have to physically (i.e. with your own hands) carry it.

2: Close Range Create, as well as using created objects as improvised weapons, is perfectly valid; and the latter also might grant you some reach based on their form. Just avoid nonsense such as "I create a 200' spear for stabbing that pesky flying dude".

3: Again, this is perfectly reasonable, yet depends on the form of the created object. Any finer manipulation of other objects (beyond just shoving them around) essentially mandates creating an articulated "hand", and this means Precise extra. By the way, one of my own original builds does exactly this ("Fellwood"), as well as using created objects as melee weapons ("Thorn Spear").
    Last edited by Bothrops; 02-23-2019, 06:21 AM.
    https://roninarmy.com/forum/atomic-think-tank/roll-call/7149-bothrops-pit#post7149

Comment

Working...
    X