Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Environment: Which extras do I need for this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environment: Which extras do I need for this?

One of the players in my upcoming game is planning on taking the 2p version of impede movement, I'm a little unsure about what's already included in the power and what the variuos extras would give him. What extras (or additioal powers) would be needed to get the following?
    • Not beeing affected by the power himself.
    • Affecting a smaller area
    • Using the 1p version of Impede Movement
    • Targeting specific surfaces and applying differnt degrees of the power to different parts of it.

Also, does the power usually affect all movement types? Would only affecting ground speed be a limited power?

Re: Environment: Which extras do I need for this?

Not beeing affected by the power himself.
    1 point personal Immunity

Affecting a smaller area
    I've never seen this as a RAW option, but with Precise I'd allow it. Or go with Shapeable, but that's a truly horrible option since the true volume/area is ridiculously small.

Using the 1p version of Impede Movement
    It's pretty direct: 1 point is -1 rank and 2 points is -2 ranks.

Targeting specific surfaces and applying differnt degrees of the power to different parts of it.
    I'm not sure I entirely get what you mean, but I'm going to guess the answer is the Selective Extra.

Also, does the power usually affect all movement types? Would only affecting ground speed be a limited power?
    Technically, it would affect all types of movement, but descriptors would naturally limit it, e.g. an icy surface wouldn't affect fliers, but that strikes me as a little unfair. I suppose without a direct Limited Flaw, you'd have to assume that even with just an icy ground, other things contribute to slowing fliers, too. Hmm.
    Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat

Comment

Close powers have a built in 'user has immunity' clause. Environment control defaults to close, so he has immunity already.

I'd also allow precise and selective to do what you wanted with mix and matching. (And if you had selective I wouldn't require precise. Precise just doesn't allow choice of who it affects.)
      Ragtop, Autobot! And Zeanthara, Are You a God?
      Fenix, in the Merge, and Alicia DeVries, in the Cosmic Merge
      Supe of the Justice League Academy

Comment

Is it possible to use both the 1-point version and the 2-point version at the same time on different parts of a surface?

Comment

With Selective.
          Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat

Comment

Working...
          X