Multiple Minions Clarification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Minions Clarification

So I'm making a pirate character for a villain campaign, and I want to have a summon power for the crew with multiple minions. I'm just wondering if I wanted to have each crew member be unqiue (I.e different powers / advantages / stats) do I need the Spesfic type advantage? or can I stat each minion seperately?

I was going to have something like a big strong bodyguard, a range weapons expert, a duelist and a grenadier

Re: Multiple Minions Clarification

Why is he conjuring them via a superpower instead the crew just being, y'know, crew?

Comment

Originally posted by Batgirl III View Post
      Why is he conjuring them via a superpower instead the crew just being, y'know, crew?
      Well he's a cursed pirate and he calls his crew of cursed pirates from their ghost ship.

However, minion advantage would work, but I thought that if a minion goes down with the advantage (i.e captured by heroes) then do I keep that advantage? or does it get lost?

Comment

Originally posted by Red View Post
        Well he's a cursed pirate and he calls his crew of cursed pirates from their ghost ship.

However, minion advantage would work, but I thought that if a minion goes down with the advantage (i.e captured by heroes) then do I keep that advantage? or does it get lost?
        In general, it's like the loss of equipment. You lose immediate use, but it's assumed that you can recover your resources (usually assumed to be a job fair, but it might involve a summoning circle in this case) with a reasonable expenditure of time and effort, or between adventures.
        [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
        [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Maybe they're not minions at all. Why not build the effects that you want to create and apply the descriptor of "crew?" This is called a "personified effect." You lose the ability for the minions to act on their own, but you also gain the edge that they can't be taken out.

No different than buying the Speed effect and calling it a "motorcycle" (perhaps with Affects Others [passengers] and the Activation Flaw (getting on it and starting it up).

IMO, whenever the notion arrives that you might need the Summon effect, ask yourself whether you truly need that character independence and if you want to deal with the cost (typically of making them Heroic, so they don't go down as soon as they fail a Resistance check).
          Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat

Comment

Working...
          X