Affliction - Control Machines/Computers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affliction - Control Machines/Computers

I have a character with Affliction 1 Limited 3rd degree Controlled effects objects only, he also has sense, communicate, and comprehend with machines/computers. I'm concerned as it resists against fortitude, that most machine/computers would have virtually no resistance to this. Do I have the computers roll against an 11 or only if they are important machines or computers, and do they have any way of resisting his attempts to control them.

I'm sure if I dug someone has covered this but I can't seem to find it now ...thoughts/help.

Re: Affliction - Control Machines/Computers

Affects Objects Only and Resists Fortitude seem like direct opposites to me.

Why is the effect not resisted by Will?
    [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Would it matter, does a machine, or computer have a Will?

Comment

By RAW the Maschines themselves have no chance to save against the power. I would most likely limit the power like proposed by the Power Profile "Tech Powers":

Control Technology: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction (Controlled; Resisted by Fortitude, Overcome by skill or Fortitude), Limited to third degree only, Affects Objects Only, Limited to Technology 2 point per rank
        That way a User already logged into the computer (or a "sentient" computer himself) you are trying to subvert may use his Technology-Skill to oppose your attempt.

Comment

A sentient computer or AI might have a Will score. When I built such afflictions in the past I also made them Affects Objects, resistible by Will, so that a normal computer would fail with no save, but a self-aware one would resist. This isn't strictly by-the-book, since you can only apply Affects Objects to powers resisted by Fort. For a more orthodox approach you can try the power profiles power suggested above.

Comment

Working...
          X