Stupid Grab Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Grab Question

Noobish question: I can't figure out how to increase a character's grab DC without also increasing Strength, or adding a power like Elongation or Extra Limbs.

I know that you must succeed on a close combat (grab) attack check, and that your opponent must then make a Strength or Dodge check against your grab DC. What I don't know is how to make the DC for the opponent's Strength or Dodge check higher without adding crazy powers like extra limbs?

I thought maybe Enhanced Trait, but HeroLabs won't let me increase grab DC that way (only the close combat check).

Re: Stupid Grab Question

I have no books here, but off the top of my head I'm thinking it should work with

Enhanced Strength, Flaw: Limited to Grabbing
    [b][size=3][url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/4415-jacklang-Heroes-amp-Villains]My builds[/url][/b][/size]

-----

[i][b]Tom Joad:[/b] Well, maybe it's like Casy says. A fellow ain't got a soul of his own, just little piece of a big soul, the one big soul that belongs to everybody, then ... I'll be all around in the dark - I'll be everywhere. Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad.

- 'The Grapes of Wrath', John Steinbeck[/i]

Comment

Since Limited to Lifting is a thing; I suppose that makes sense. Strange that there isn't an advantage for this.

Comment

Hero Lab is cool, but you probably won't find a way to do this without it throwing errors out of the box. Sometimes, you just have to accept that it wont do certain things, and mentally adjust them in your head or edit the sheet before posting.
        [HR][/HR][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/60-Kenseido-s-Menagerie"]Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters[/URL]

Comment

Hero Lab won't complain unless you break PL. Enhanced STR (Limited to Grabs) works.

Don't forget the Improved Hold Advantage!
          Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat

Comment

Working...
          X