Transform Affliction and Semi-Realistic Settings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transform Affliction and Semi-Realistic Settings

Ok, so I'm hoping to run a setting that has realistic consequences for superpowers and such and although I have a number of questions this one has been prominent in my head. So with an Affliction with transform for the last degree and the victim is turned into an inanimate object should that count as character death (and yes I'm planning this campaign to have a higher level of lethality than M&M norm) or should it be something situational. Just wondering if anyone else has tackled these kind of things before and have any advise.

Re: Transform Affliction and Semi-Realistic Settings

By definition, all 3rd degree results from afflictions still provide a save every minute. In general that means it has to be temporary. However, if you are allowing means to get around that (such ad transforming their save against that affliction to so low not even a crit would successfully save) then it could be 'permanent'. But even then, nullifies from other characters could overcome it, so you'd have to add in more things to disallow that.

Which is to say, generally, it should never by itself be a character death. But if you specifically want to design one to be death, you could, just make sure the players are aware of that possibility
    Ragtop, Autobot! And Zeanthara, Are You a God?
    Fenix, in the Merge, and Alicia DeVries, in the Cosmic Merge
    Supe of the Justice League Academy

Comment

Well, Transformed is temporary for PCs & important NPCs. Minions (aka mooks, butt-monkeys, redshirts, sacrificial lambs etc) are another story. And the GM can declare it "permanent" (read: 1 game session) even for the former as a complication, with the reversal becoming the new goal of the heroes.
      https://roninarmy.com/forum/atomic-think-tank/roll-call/7149-bothrops-pit#post7149

Comment

Thanks, I think I have an idea to take care of it.

Comment

Working...
        X