Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Designed a couple of powers

Originally posted by FuzzyBoots View Post
    If I'm understanding your correctly, if the GM decided that you encountered an issue due to your consumption of flesh, forcing you to make a save because the particular person you feasted on was poisonous, carried a disease, etc, they might award you a Hero Point for it. Hero Points are never guarantees, and Complications should only be triggered when they are a legit issue.
    I am the GM, actually. And the poison I was talking about comes from an henchmen.

Comment

Originally posted by damocles23 View Post
      Thank you How would you stat it? Also, applying poison (Weaken Sta and Dex) would create a complication and therefore award a hero point?
      If I'm understanding your correctly, if the GM decided that you encountered an issue due to your consumption of flesh, forcing you to make a save because the particular person you feasted on was poisonous, carried a disease, etc, they might award you a Hero Point for it. Hero Points are never guarantees, and Complications should only be triggered when they are a legit issue.
      I am the GM, actually. And the poison I was talking about comes from an henchmen.
      In which case, I'm still not following what your question is. Are you talking about the cannibalistic hero gaining a Weaken attack from a henchman? About him being sickened due to eating from a poisoned henchman? If it's the former, that's just one of his abilities, possibly one where you might award a Hero Point to the player targeted if it comes out of left field, fiated by you. If it's the latter, it's basically an invoked Complication, a player either taking actions to ensure it happens (in which case they just set it up to happen to the villain and there are no Hero Points involved) or they spent a Hero Point to edit the scene such that the henchman was tainted.
      [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
      [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

In which case, I'm still not following what your question is. Are you talking about the cannibalistic hero gaining a Weaken attack from a henchman? About him being sickened due to eating from a poisoned henchman? If it's the former, that's just one of his abilities, possibly one where you might award a Hero Point to the player targeted if it comes out of left field, fiated by you. If it's the latter, it's basically an invoked Complication, a player either taking actions to ensure it happens (in which case they just set it up to happen to the villain and there are no Hero Points involved) or they spent a Hero Point to edit the scene such that the henchman was tainted.
        I'm sorry if I haven't been clear. The cannibalistic hero is done. I was building the inner circle and I was talking about another character altogether. Now, it's the first time I'm on the GM seat for this game and I was thinking that this other character, an enemy NPC, was a little too unbalanced with a weaken stamina attack and weaken dexterity. I was thinking of giving a player a hero point as a compensation if it's the first time he is hit.

Comment

I'm sorry if I haven't been clear. The cannibalistic hero is done. I was building the inner circle and I was talking about another character altogether. Now, it's the first time I'm on the GM seat for this game and I was thinking that this other character, an enemy NPC, was a little too unbalanced with a weaken stamina attack and weaken dexterity. I was thinking of giving a player a hero point as a compensation if it's the first time he is hit.
          Ah. Nah, that's a perfectly normal attack, and likely something that the hero can pick up on. Now if one of your villains is on the ropes and pulls out an entirely new attack as a power stunt, you might give the player a Hero Point as you Fiat away any fatigue.
          [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
          [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Another way to look at "getting stronger with each punch" is just to increase how much you Power Attack each round. Some might look at Power Attacking as a tactic rather than an effect, but I look at the end result.

Gaining abilities (whatever they might be) by consuming flesh is another thing altogether. Reasonably you'd have to look at how long it takes to eat the flesh. Is this something that happens reasonably in the time frame of combat? If so, that's just a descriptor and you have to ask yourself what effects you want create in both your own character and the victim. It can get expensive to link two (or more) effects such as Enhanced STR for consuming the flesh and, say, Affliction to reflect the target's loss of body parts (Impaired/Disabled perhaps).

If the consumption of flesh is happening outside of combat, then I'd just build the character normally and chalk it all up to descriptor. If the character was denied the ability to eat flesh before combat, then a Power Loss Complication seems appropriate.
            Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat

Comment

Working...
            X