Elongated Movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elongated Movement

I am tinkering on a character right now, who uses the Elongation-power, which enables (among other things) to grab things, that are further away. Now i would like to use that to move her. The effect says, it's a free action to "snap back to your normal form".
    Does that mean, she would be able to grab something (or someone) and snap back to her normal form either where her feet are or where here hands are, or does she have to snap back to where she is standing (and if so, would elongating the legs be a means of movement, since she would technically stand where her feet are)?
    Or does this just depend on the descriptor?
    GM-to-be who is new to M&M and Pen-and-Paper in generell and without a firm grasp of the english language. My apologies for questions and comments that sound stupider than you are used too.

Technically speaking, Elongation "snap-back" just lets you pull your limbs back to where you were. 2E Elongation effectively gave you a Speed of Rank-3 (with kind of also Super-Movement swinging in that you could, at rank 4, reach five stories up, then pull yourself up, all as a Move action). 3E does not include that, so you'll have to engineer it yourself (it's kind of like how 3E Growth doesn't technically give you increased reach, even as you get larger, requiring you to buy Reach on your Strength Damage if you want to hit something more than 5 feet away from your giant who occupies a 6x6 set of 5 foot squares).

Or if your GM is fine with it, you can add back in that form of elongation movement for free.
    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
    [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Just buy extra speed and give it the descriptor "uses elongation to move long distances."

Comment

That's surprisingly easy. Thank you.

Follow up question: If this elongation were more rubber-like, this kind of back-snapping would also pull things with the same force. How would you handle that? A Move-Object-Effect linked to the Speed-Effect?
        GM-to-be who is new to M&M and Pen-and-Paper in generell and without a firm grasp of the english language. My apologies for questions and comments that sound stupider than you are used too.

Comment

You could do it as a Move Object with a Limit of "Only towards me". Alternately, you could give yourself Enhanced Strength, possibly limited to a certain set of maneuvers, to model you using your elastic physique to, say, snap back to pull something toward you, to use elongated arms or legs like springs, etc.
          [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
          [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

So i was on the right path.

The Enhanced-Strength-option also sounds interesting. Maybe for another time.^^

Thanks again.

Comment

No need to apologize. We were all new GMs and new to Pen-and-Paper ourselves in the past at some point. And when most of us did it, we weren't working in a second language. So bravo to you.

Comment

Thanks, but it's not as bad as it sounds, i only have to learn the rules in english, my group is german.^^
                I always feel a little apologetic when entering a new forum... Maybe it's time to change the signature.

Comment

Working...
                X