Questions about Mimic 3E Resistance Checks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Mimic 3E Resistance Checks

Hello all, First post here and I wanted to ask a question about the Mimic in the Deluxe M&M 3E book.

In the Mimic profile on page 41 and on page 75, The Mimic power (p.45) is resistible with a Dodge DC 22 check and Power Theft (p.75) is an Affliction with 12 ranks. My question is that with the limits on series based on power level on page 25 shouldn't these effects be limited to 10+Series PL since they don't require an attack check? The Mimic says that it is built for PL 10 but this should limit the DC's to 20, no? Is there something that I am missing or is this an error that needs correction, as I have seen other people post about how there are some errors in the Deluxe Edition, but I have not seen what those errors are.

Cheers!

Originally posted by Oozemorph View Post
    Hello all, First post here and I wanted to ask a question about the Mimic in the Deluxe M&M 3E book.

In the Mimic profile on page 41 and on page 75, The Mimic power (p.45) is resistible with a Dodge DC 22 check and Power Theft (p.75) is an Affliction with 12 ranks. My question is that with the limits on series based on power level on page 25 shouldn't these effects be limited to 10+Series PL since they don't require an attack check? The Mimic says that it is built for PL 10 but this should limit the DC's to 20, no? Is there something that I am missing or is this an error that needs correction, as I have seen other people post about how there are some errors in the Deluxe Edition, but I have not seen what those errors are.

Cheers!
    It's debatable. The Mimic's mimicry isn't actually an attack, it doesn't steal powers it's just a DC you have to beat to invalidate the effect activating at all. But this depends on how the power is expressed. Is it just a dodge check to avoid being seen and copied ala amazo? Does the mimic have to physically touch the subject? The book doesn't say. What we can see is that in the SRD they use lizard man for the display image and in the delux book they use an amazo rip off. Funnily enough the stats give conflicting info. The Dodge check, resistance DC of 22, and 8 ranks of fight imply that the character is trying to physically touch them with 8 accuracy and a 12 ranks of a resistible attack which is within PL limits but if you look at it's offense section you see that it has an accuracy of +1. He can probably hit the broad side of a barn, but probably not much else.
    [SIZE=2][FONT=comic sans ms][I][URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7721-WAIFU-WARZ-Squirrelly-s-Anime-and-Animation-Builds"]I Build Waifus and Waifu Accessories![/URL][/I][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
    X