X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Noob Questions

Hi!

Couple of quick questions:

-I'm looking at the Water Power Profiles, and I want to use Dehydrate. The profile says that if using it as ranged, it has a modifier of +1 and if using as Perception, it has a modifier of +2. Can someone explain what that means? Are these attack bonuses? Rank cost modifiers? etc.

-Let's say you want to add the Accurate modifier to a power. What would that look like on the character sheet? Power A 12, Accurate 1? And then just add the +2 bonus in the Offense section?

Thanks!

Re: Quick Noob Questions

Originally posted by McBamf View Post
    -I'm looking at the Water Power Profiles, and I want to use Dehydrate. The profile says that if using it as ranged, it has a modifier of +1 and if using as Perception, it has a modifier of +2. Can someone explain what that means? Are these attack bonuses? Rank cost modifiers? etc.
    That's a modifier to cost. I don't have the Water Power Profile in front of me, but I assume it's normally touch range, and I'll assume 2 pp / rank. Buying it at Rank 10 would be 20 pp. Making it a ranged attack adds a +1 extra for 3 pp/rank for a total of 30 pp for Rank 10. Perception would be 4 pp/rank and 40 pp. Make sense?

Originally posted by McBamf View Post
    -Let's say you want to add the Accurate modifier to a power. What would that look like on the character sheet? Power A 12, Accurate 1? And then just add the +2 bonus in the Offense section?
    That's very much a "to taste" situation. I personally render my sheets similar to Hero Lab's for convenience, which puts the Extras and Flaws in a set of parentheses at the end like:
    Laughing Gas Lapel Flower: Affliction 9 (1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, Resisted by: Will, DC 19; Accurate: +2, Contagious, Insidious; Limited Degree)

When I'm writing it out by hand, I generally include text indicating which items are Flaws and which are Extras for convenience sake, as well as including the PP total.

In the Attacks section, yeah, I just list the total attack bonus and the DC. It's supposed to be a quick-glance thing of options.
    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
    [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Working...
    X