Self Piloting/Summonable/?Gadget?/Character Vehicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Piloting/Summonable/?Gadget?/Character Vehicles

Whats the 'normal' way of acquiring the uncosted ability of vehicles to contain passengers and thus apply a subset of personal powers to passengers? Is it reasonable to model a piloting AI and it's current vehicle body directly as an immobile construct AI that has a car? What if it's not a car but a spelljammer that only functions when the owning Wizard's staff is installed in it (So, a Device and a Vehicle being in the same array? Reasonable?)

The particular case I'm trying to model (converting from SAS) is a psionic gadgeteer that needs to actively empower her higher end gear, and specifically, can't power both her Psi-amp (device), Cyclone (battle suit/motorbike, done as a device), and Sapient Land Shark (vehicle with a construct AI minion?) at the same time (and requires activation to switch between them). Is it reasonable to just declare a Device to be a vehicle (and pay for it as such?) in an array? What about a minion? Or is instantiating the minion summoning?

I guess I'm just not sure if the book presentation of 'oh by the way, you can pay points for alternates' is fully intended to have this sharp delineations or if it's more intended to be 'you can have arrays, and those arrays can contain ....'?

Similar thing with constructs, is the ai that pilots a vehicle an ai piloting a vehicle or just something whose current body happens to be a vehicle, and if it's the second, how do I get the passanger effects?
    Last edited by Lantalia; 10-05-2014, 09:22 PM.

Re: Self Piloting/Summonable/?Gadget?/Character Vehicles

Track down Mecha and Manga. It answers most of your questions and should point you in the right direction for the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Batgirl III View Post
      Track down Mecha and Manga. It answers most of your questions and should point you in the right direction for the rest.
      Thank you, ordered. Do the answers and guidance in Mecha and Manga make sense under 3e? It claims to be a 2nd edition supplement.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantalia View Post
        Thank you, ordered. Do the answers and guidance in Mecha and Manga make sense under 3e? It claims to be a 2nd edition supplement.
        If you're willing to spend a little bit of time tweaking it. Treat the whole thing as guidelines rather than rules (which is how I treat anything beyond the core book anyway.) The specific nuts and bolts don't transfer from one edition to the next, but the underlying mechanical principles are the same.

Comment

The Vehicles Gadget Guide is pretty great, and covers a lot of what you're looking for. The only thing you mention that I don't think is in the guide is the Spelljammer inspired power source, though that could be Feature.
          Punching For Justice

Comment

Originally posted by Lantalia View Post
            As Kyle already say Vehicle´s Gadget Guide will work (I think the whole book will be usefull anyway...)

For the Spelljammer effect you can use a Feature like Restricted to Magic users or a kind of biometric tech.
            "Nothing is more painful than the betrayal of an angel"

Comment

Working...
            X