Australisa Atlas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australisa Atlas

Australia consists of six states (New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, and Victoria) and two territories (Australian Capital Territory and Northern Territory).
    Also you may want to sharpen up the writing on Nuada Silverarm. You really need to explain that she transforms into a man BEFORE you start in on dominate personalities: The horse must be placed before the cart. Otherwise it's both confusing & burying the lead.

Also you might want to sharpen up the Warrangina stuff, as I had to read it like 30 times to figure out what the story was & I still can't tell if the aliens cross bred with the humans, as would be suggested by the line "While the suit can be removed, anyone who wishes to utilize its powers must possess some amount of Wandjina DNA." Are the humans who live in the area the Wandjina or are the aliens the Wandjina, or is the hero called Wandjina? That's really confusing guys.

Also is it just me or does Wandjina (the super hero) appear to have fire powers in the image, when he doesn't in his stats? Or are those meant to be wind powers? An to that point, maybe just add a smidge more information about the character, from the description given of the character I would never have been able to pick him out of a line up.... He comes off sounding like he's an Iron Man style character, with a hard suit.
    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

-Doctor Who

Re: Australisa Atlas

Having looked at the section with Nuada Silverarm again, I'm not sure why you're having problems with this. The text clearly states that SHE attaches the arm, says the magic word, and transforms into Nuada, KING of the Tuatha. Then it goes on to talk about which personality is the dominant one at any given point in time. There may be a comma missing earlier in the paragraph, but that has no impact on the overall understanding of it.

I'm not quite sure why you struggled with the Warrangina/Wandjina part either. It clearly states that the aliens are called the Wandjina by the local tribes. The aliens "used" the Aboriginals as, among other things, lovers. So when the entry mentions that the power suit requires Wandjina DNA to use, that DNA would be found in those who were descended from the intermingling of the two cultures. The only thing that isn't made expressly clear is how pervasive that DNA is (e.g. do all residents of Warrangina have some, or is it restricted to a select few, such as the ruling family?). Also, the hero has chosen to call himself Wandjina in honour of the aliens who created the technology that gives him his powers (in much the same way an aquatic hero with ties to Atlantis might call him or herself The Atlantean).

I'm afraid that I can't help you with the picture. Perhaps it is meant to represent his wind powers whipping up the desert sand around him, or perhaps it is intended to be a display of his heat powers. As I recall, that particular character was changed somewhat during the design process, so it's possible that the order for the art was submitted prior to the changes being made and the artist did what he could to morph the original character into the look of the newer one. If nothing else, chalk it up to artistic license. Of course, if you prefer to envision him with a full on battlesuit like Iron Man, then go right ahead!
    Hermes/Glenn Hall
    GR Cape-Wearing Freelancer

Comment

Originally posted by hermes View Post
      Having looked at the section with Nuada Silverarm again, I'm not sure why you're having problems with this. The text clearly states that SHE attaches the arm, says the magic word, and transforms into Nuada, KING of the Tuatha. Then it goes on to talk about which personality is the dominant one at any given point in time. There may be a comma missing earlier in the paragraph, but that has no impact on the overall understanding of it.
      Because it doesn't say that. Sure it mentions that it's the tomb of a king, but that doesn't mean anything. Jan Foster lifts Mjolnir & 'becomes' Thor..... But she doesn't actually become Thor, she doesn't swap her lady parts for boy parts. An lets be honest, this is a common theme in comics. As such the writing could be tightened up so it's clearer earlier that this is the case.

I'm not quite sure why you struggled with the Warrangina/Wandjina part either. It clearly states that the aliens are called the Wandjina by the local tribes. The aliens "used" the Aboriginals as, among other things, lovers. So when the entry mentions that the power suit requires Wandjina DNA to use, that DNA would be found in those who were descended from the intermingling of the two cultures.
      Or alternatively it requires DNA from Wandjina.... You know the guy whose armor it is who is ALSO called Wandjina. See you have made an assumption that they interbreed. You can't make that assumption, it could go either way & since it can go either way, there is space to tighten up the language so it is significantly clearer.

Also, the hero has chosen to call himself Wandjina in honour of the aliens who created the technology that gives him his powers (in much the same way an aquatic hero with ties to Atlantis might call him or herself The Atlantean).
      No he didn't. The press called him that.
      “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

-Doctor Who

Comment

Just...wow. Where is the dumbfounded smiley when you need it?
        Hermes/Glenn Hall
        GR Cape-Wearing Freelancer

Comment

Working...
        X