Need help building a power set.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help building a power set.

Hi, I'm trying to build a hero in a teen game. They're kind of an aerial/close combatant. Anyway they're a silver storm survivor with the ability to grow a second pair of arms beneath their first. They're a bit physically unusual, because either they have the second pair of arms, or if they retract them into their body it causes a large pair of membranous wings to erupt from their back. So either they have to go around with a second pair of arms, or big membranous wings coming out of their back.

My problem is I don't know how to express this mechanically. At first I thought to make it a simple array. But even if I did, would that work? if I make the extra arms, sustained and continuous, they'll stay around for as long as the character wants, but what about the flight? Flight would have to be bought with the 'wings' limitation, but as flight has a duration of sustained by default, does that mean that if the character goes unconscious, or is no longer able to maintain flight that the wings just retract into the body? Or can it be assumed that wings functions as the flaw noticeable? That the wings will always be there, unless the character actively decided to draw them in, in which case the extra arms powers will show up instead?

Essentially I want a character that 'cannot' look normal, and they'll either have a pair of extra arms or a pair of wings coming out of their back, so they have to come to terms with their new appearance.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Re: Need help building a power set.

The array sounds good for the either-or situation, and I would probably just build that as a Complication that they always have a freakish appearance of either wings or an extra pair of arms, which limits their disguise options somewhat and may prejudice others against them.
    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
    [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyBoots View Post
      The array sounds good for the either-or situation, and I would probably just build that as a Complication that they always have a freakish appearance of either wings or an extra pair of arms, which limits their disguise options somewhat and may prejudice others against them.
      Thanks, FuzzyBoots. I was considering just using a complication, sounds like that's the easier option.

Comment

You are over thinking this. Just use extra limbs (which is by default permanent):

3 - Extra Limbs 2, Feature 1 "can be either 2 extra arms or 2 wings", Multiattack (optional)
        1/r - Flight x, Flaw: Wings

Comment

Working...
        X