Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Using Precise Insubstantial Attacks to remove Devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Precise Insubstantial Attacks to remove Devices?

So can we use this to make just our opponent devices, like a power armor for example, insubstantial? Personally my character is using his ins. attack just to pull people into wall or to floors bellow since is a new power to him, but i was thinkng that it would be a cool, and very effective, way to deal with some of the heavy armored opponents that my group is facing. thoughts?

Re: Using Precise Insubstantial Attacks to remove Devices?

I'm not one of the rules developers, but that seems to be way too powerful an effect simply for the Precise Extra; while its a logical "real world' corollary of having such an ability, it's much too cheap in term of power points to justify the effectiveness. As a GM, I'd likely ask you to build it as an Affliction or Nullify and put it in an array with a collection of effects build around your primary Insubstantial power.

All my best.

Comment

Power Profiles details using Teleportation to attack. I think this is pretty similar. It's not so easy to Teleport away someone's equipment or Device, nor should it be.

Comment

Thanks guys for the help, yes i talked with my GM and went with a alternative Effect using Nullify Cybernetic with Grab since would work better with withe rules of the game. Thanks again and all the best tp you all too xD

Comment

Working...
        X