Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pdf is out now, and I am loving it.

And the Shadow Knights?

All I can say is I caught the Usagi Yojimbo reference.

Comment

I ordered it too. It'll take me a while to read through the whole thing, but I like what I'm reading so far. I'm already thinking about what UNIQUE is like on Anti-Earth.
      [url=https://roninarmy.com/threads/6589-Builds-on-the-Sun]Builds on the Sun[/url]

Comment

When it comes to UNIQUE on Anti-Earth here are my thoughts.

Avocat: Dead, with his powers the Tyranny Syndicate would not allow him to live, good or evil.

Blackberry: Normal if posh life for her personally but her knife would be in Syndicate hands.

El Rayo: Either Syndicate collaborator in Mexico who has a strained relationship with his parents due to his more manic style of evil or a member of the Courage Foundation who is trying to right the wrongs of his evil mother. I cannot really decide.

Epiphany: Syndicate collaborator

Hearth: Inactive and under observation by Mind-Master.

Matron: Member of the Courage Foundation and a bit more extremist than the usual.
        Last edited by Sharkface; 06-25-2019, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Got it last night and stayed up early into the morning reading it. Love all the teams but especially MagnaForce and the Shadow Knights. Not only an excellent Power Rangers homage but an excellent TMNT homage as well? Well done and bravo!

Comment

Anyone know why this supplement was released without the herolab files? Is Green Ronin no longer supporting herolab with its new release material?

Comment

Hey, everyone-as the writer of the Project Freedom chapter of the Super-Team Handbook, I'm open to fielding any questions any of you may have about the team, individual characters, or adventure hooks/background info on the team.

I'll likely also be doing a few posts about (unofficial) material pertaining to the Project Freedom team which didn't make it into the book.

All my best!

Comment

Did you ever read the Davies game for Project Freedom? If so, how difficult was it to avoid incorporating parts of that canon into your work?
                [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
                [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Oh, and how do you see Queen of Hearts's Second Wind working? She has Energizing Healing limited to herself, but Energizing can't be used on yourself due to the need for the Fatigue to go somewhere.
                  [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
                  [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

I deliberately did NOT read Davies WofF thread about Project Freedom until after my manuscript was completed and submitted. When I have a bit more free time, I may post ideas about how the two versions can be reconciled, as that campaign iteration is VERY worthwhile. I recommend anyone who likes the PF concept to check out Davies' posts on the team.

Queen of Hearts character sheet got slightly tweaked in editing, in part to fit the "easy to read" format used for the Super-Team Handbook. An earlier version of the power (called "Roar of the Crowd") was a bit different mechanically. So as to the version as written, I would say there are two options:

1) Consider the "Energizing" extra to be a mistake, and replace it with Restorative instead; OR

2) Allow a rules mod which is essentially a version of the Temporary flaw on Healing-after an hour, Queen of Hearts gets hit with one condition of Fatigue WORSE than was dispelled by her Healing-either Exhausted or Incapacitated.

I personally think option #2 is preferable, as it betters fits as a "peak human" Talent, pushing off Fatigue until it catches up with a vengeance.

All my best.

Comment

I very much look forward to reading those ideas, as I was quite impressed with that chapter (and the book as a whole.)

I think the only major divergence is Wainwright's survival, and since my choices when it came to her were either to have her die on the final mission or survive but lose her enhanced intelligence, it's perfectly plausible that the coin flip of destiny came up the other way on some other world. (Either her or Toxic were going to perish, based on what the PCs did. I am, as someone once said, the worst person you have never met.)
                      Check out my new super hero/science fiction novel, [url=https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/618254]Unbelievable: A Tale of the Exotica Chronicles[/url].

Comment

Originally posted by greycrusader View Post
                        Hey, everyone-as the writer of the Project Freedom chapter of the Super-Team Handbook, I'm open to fielding any questions any of you may have about the team, individual characters, or adventure hooks/background info on the team.

I'll likely also be doing a few posts about (unofficial) material pertaining to the Project Freedom team which didn't make it into the book.

All my best!
                        I've got a couple questions to ask. Weather Mistress's immunity to heat and cold applies to damage, too, right? Not just environmental effects? So that's three 5-point immunities and a 2-point immunity (weather effects) for 17 points total? (It's neat seeing somebody from the Thieves' Guild mixed up in this team, by the way.)

How does the Unreliable flaw on 9th Airborne's Micro-Missiles work with the rest of his array? If he runs out of uses, does he have to stop using the entire array, or just that one power?
                        [url=https://roninarmy.com/threads/6589-Builds-on-the-Sun]Builds on the Sun[/url]

Comment

Close; Weather Mistress' Immunity breaks down to: Immunity to powers with a common descriptor (all weather effects, 10 pts), electricity damage (5 pts), and 2 environmental conditions (cold, heat, 2 pts). I imagine any confusion comes from cold and heat rather logically falling under "weather", which makes the environmental immunity seem redundant. But under M&M rules, descriptors of an effect/power come into play-so Weather Mistress is immune to environmental heat caused by proximity to a burning building, or to environmental cold created by a foe whose body sucks up all the infra-red range photons in an area. She's also impervious to being affected by fog, wind, low-pressure (no debilitating headaches or ear-popping), dehydration caused by very arid air, etc.

Only the Micro-Missiles are affected by the Unreliable flaw (5 uses of the slot), not the rest of the array; otherwise it would reduce the entire array's power-point cost. If you as a GM feel this is rule-abusive, apply the other possible limit imposed by the Unreliable flaw, with the power failing to activate on a die roll of 10 or less; this would represent a software glitch in the armor's weapon suite.

All my best.

Comment

Originally posted by MightyDavidson View Post
                            Got it last night and stayed up early into the morning reading it. Love all the teams but especially MagnaForce and the Shadow Knights. Not only an excellent Power Rangers homage but an excellent TMNT homage as well? Well done and bravo!
                            Really glad you love the Shadow Knights. They were the team I got to write myself, and I have more than a little affection for the TMNT

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Girl View Post

Really glad you love the Shadow Knights. They were the team I got to write myself, and I have more than a little affection for the TMNT
                              Great, now do you think of the idea for the Shadow Knights to travel back four centuries to Joseon-era Korea and get mistaken for moon rabbits among other things? (Yes, it's the weakest of the original 3 live-action ones, but it's such a good concept!)

Comment

Originally posted by greycrusader View Post

All my best!
                                I'm curious as to how you came to choose the members of Project Freedom - were you thinking about what character archetypes would fit best in a group or was it more about personalities of the characters. Second, how hard did you find it to take already existing FC setting characters to be part of Project Freedom and find a balance between "known" characters and the "new" ones?

Comment

Working...
                                X