Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Superteam Handbook!

Originally posted by SeeleyOne View Post
    I was thinking about options for team members working together, without having to spend power points on it.
    One aspect of the Marvel Superhero RPG I liked for character definition was a teamwork affinity. Basically you chose one of Solo, Duo or Team and had a slight edge in that particular dynamic. I could see something similar as an Advantage (+2 in preferred team type) or possibly for free but with compensating penalties (+2 in preferred, but -1 in each other type, or -2 in one and neutral in the other).

Originally posted by grimmshade View Post
    If the book is full of that sort of thing, I'm all in. I'd also like to see deeper base options, with ideas for roles on the team. For instance, Martian Manhunter in the Watchtower guiding the team through a mission.
    I'd imagine base assists would basically work like Aid checks through comms, but it would be nice to see that formally laid out.
    My old [URL="http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=743877#p743877"]Atomic Think Tank[/URL] thread
    My current character thread: [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/6194-The-Sound-of-My-Eyebeams-JDRook-s-builds-and-blather?p=233536&viewfull=1#post233536"]The Sound of my Eyebeams[/URL][URL="http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=743877#p743877"]
    [/URL]
    I will build characters in HeroLab for you! Send me [URL="https://www.fiverr.com/jdrook/transcribe-a-mutants-and-masterminds-pc-in-herolab?funnel=6e71f15f-207e-49f4-bf35-9ceb23b979a7"]your finished design[/URL] or even [URL="https://www.fiverr.com/jdrook/create-a-mutants-and-masterminds-pc-in-herolab?context=advanced_search&context_type=rating&funnel=2014103117123522519608360"]your original concept[/URL]!

Comment

The cool thing about the Marvel Heroic team dice is that it continued to give the loner reasons to occasionally ignore the team, and gave the "buddies" on the team reason to pair off together. All with a simple mechanic.
      Yeah, it would be cool if they incorporated something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by grimmshade View Post
        If the book is full of that sort of thing, I'm all in. I'd also like to see deeper base options, with ideas for roles on the team. For instance, Martian Manhunter in the Watchtower guiding the team through a mission.
        In a similar fashion, I would be interested in actions a character could take when piloting a vehicle as part of a group. Say the engineer vs comms vs sensors. In a situation with a mobile base or just a large group vehicle this could be fun. Also a vehicle gestalt I.E. Voltron would be a fun way to build a group, and some rules for that would be neat.

Comment

Heck yeah, that all sounds awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by JDRook View Post
            One aspect of the Marvel Superhero RPG I liked for character definition was a teamwork affinity. Basically you chose one of Solo, Duo or Team and had a slight edge in that particular dynamic. I could see something similar as an Advantage (+2 in preferred team type) or possibly for free but with compensating penalties (+2 in preferred, but -1 in each other type, or -2 in one and neutral in the other).
            You mean like Favored Environment? That would be a cool use of that advantage. Although you might split those options up a little: One-on-One, One-Vs-Many, Partnered with X, Teamed up (Where X is a sidekick or other PC perhaps)

Comment

Any more updates on this book?
              DT Butchino | Writer, Designer, Illustrator | Sketchpad Studio
              [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/browse.php?manufacturers_id=648]Get VILLAINOUS with the Acts of Villainy Line for M&M3e.[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Sketchpad View Post
                Any more updates on this book?
                You should begin to hear more about it over the next few months.
                ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Comment

This week's Ronin RoundTable starts unpacking what you'll find in the SuperTeam Handbook:
                  https://greenronin.com/blog/2019/03/...me-the-heroes/

Comment

a welcome bit of news, OG. lemme see if I can guess what everybody brings to the table

UNIQUE (PL 12) - clearly the justice league international/Ultimates/vanguard (paragons)
                    Project Freedom (PL 11) - Freedom City's own work-release program for penitent supercriminals
                    The Outliers (PL 10) - the name makes me think Outsiders or X-Men/doom patrol
                    The Upstarts (PL 9) - a name like that suggests they're the flashy corporate sponsored superteam, or a flashy group of superteens. possibly both
                    Magna Force (PL 8-11) - iirc from an earlier bit of news, this is meant to be the Japanese super-sentai style team
                    The Ferroburg Four (PL 7) - totally not the Netflix defenders
                    The Shadow Knights (PL 6) - ninjas/martial artists, almost certainly
                    Red Group (PL 5) - badass normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post
                      a welcome bit of news, OG. lemme see if I can guess what everybody brings to the table

UNIQUE (PL 12) - clearly the justice league international/Ultimates/vanguard (paragons)
                      Project Freedom (PL 11) - Freedom City's own work-release program for penitent supercriminals
                      The Upstarts (PL 9) - a name like that suggests they're the flashy corporate sponsored superteam, or a flashy group of superteens. possibly both
                      Magna Force (PL 8-11) - iirc from an earlier bit of news, this is meant to be the Japanese super-sentai style team
                      The Shadow Knights seem like they'd be bad guys, given that the first part of their name is also the name of Freedom City's HYDRA stand in SHADOW.
                      Last edited by MightyDavidson; 03-25-2019, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Great to see this being so close at hand. Looking forward to adding the PDF to my digital bookshelf.

Comment

I'm definitely looking forward to this.
                          [url=https://roninarmy.com/threads/6589-Builds-on-the-Sun]Builds on the Sun[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post

Well, you were right about most of them.

Who’s Who and What’s What

In the previous blog, I mentioned that I’d give you the lowdown on the various teams this week, so here we go!

UNIQUE (PL 12): The United Nation’s premiere superhero team, focused on tackling global threats and natural disasters
                            Project Freedom (PL 11): A band of reformed villains putting their powers to use as super-powered community service.
                            The Outliers (PL 10): The heroes who don’t quite fit anywhere else, tackling problems too outrageous for any other team to notice.
                            The Upstarts (PL 9): Bound by their alien heritage and hunted by a private corporation, they focus as much on survival as they do righting wrongs.
                            Magna Force (PL 8-11): Empowered by a lost Preserver artifact, they defend the Earth from cosmic threats from behind the controls of giant, fighting robots.
                            The Ferroburg Four (PL 7): A hard-luck city needs its own hard-luck heroes, battling evil with grit, determination, and a solid left hook.
                            The Shadow Knights (PL 6): Spawned in a bizarre genetics accident, four sisters battle ninjas, magic aliens, and genetic abominations from the shadows of a technological playground.
                            Red Group (PL 5): Sometimes the good guys need to think like the bad guys, and this elite AEGIS team is licensed to turn crime against itself.

Hmmmmm…. but which one do we look at in detail next week?
                            Just makes waiting for the pdf to arrive even harder.

Comment

Nuisance is kind of a tragic figure, isn't she?
                              [url=https://roninarmy.com/threads/6589-Builds-on-the-Sun]Builds on the Sun[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by RainOnTheSun View Post
                                Nuisance is kind of a tragic figure, isn't she?
                                She had a life-changing experience. Whether or not that was tragic is a personal perspective.

Comment

Working...
                                X