Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Superteam Handbook!

Originally posted by Wheeljack View Post
    Check out the Super Powered Legends book from Rogue Genius Games. Almost everyone in there is an expy of a Marvel hero or team, with some gender swapping (or nation swapping... their Captain America is British).
    Ah he's supposed to be Captain Britain and his wife Meggan and some of the other members of Excalibur. Captain Britain started as a sort of UK Captain America with mystical origins but under Chris Claremont the character became his own character and then Alan Davis created Excalibur.

Comment

Wheeljack is referring to the character Pendragon in SPL, whos backstory is "what if the super soldier serum was given to agent Peggy Carter?"

Comment

Originally posted by SeeleyOne View Post
        This is not it but it briefly mentions it. http://www.enworld.org/forum/content...s-More!&page=2

As for Rogue's Gallery, looking in the pdf I do not recall seeing any mention of it. However, the last two pages, which are after the index, are blank. Perhaps these pages are ads in the print version?
        Yeah, it’s in the print version of Rogues Gallery, but as already shown, it’s in the PDF of Basic Hero’s Handbook.
        Last edited by Samson; 09-24-2018, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Anyone have an idea when this is coming out? Q4 2018? Q1 2019?
          DT Butchino | Writer, Designer, Illustrator | Sketchpad Studio
          [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/browse.php?manufacturers_id=648]Get VILLAINOUS with the Acts of Villainy Line for M&M3e.[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Sketchpad View Post
            Anyone have an idea when this is coming out? Q4 2018? Q1 2019?
            Iím curious as well.

Comment

The ad says it's scheduled for Fall 2018.

When did the Basic Hero's Handbook release?

Comment

this week, according to comiclist

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post
                  this week, according to comiclist
                  That's almost certainly the mass retail date--I got a copy almost a month ago, and it's been available in digital form since the summer.

I'm hoping for a digital release soonish.

Comment

and I think the Psions are almost certainly going to be there in some format
                    An open question: since there have been several requests regarding the Psions appearing in 3e format, is their more support for simply an updated set of stats, along with updates on their exploits in the last decade, or would fans be open to an "evolution" of the Psions, with a mix of first generation and new members?

Now that I know my hand(s) are going to heal (an injury left me suffering chronic pain and stiffness in my right hand, and the left developed tendinitis from over-reliance), I might have a concept to pitch to GR.

All my best.

Note: This is assuming they don't appear elsewhere before then, which I have no inside knowledge of, either way.

Comment

Originally posted by greycrusader View Post
                      An open question: since there have been several requests regarding the Psions appearing in 3e format, is their more support for simply an updated set of stats, along with updates on their exploits in the last decade, or would fans be open to an "evolution" of the Psions, with a mix of first generation and new members?

Now that I know my hand(s) are going to heal (an injury left me suffering chronic pain and stiffness in my right hand, and the left developed tendinitis from over-reliance), I might have a concept to pitch to GR.

All my best.

Note: This is assuming they don't appear elsewhere before then, which I have no inside knowledge of, either way.
                      I'm good either way, but Professor Psion was already hella old in 1st ed, there'd have to be some form of the latter

Comment

I'm still wondering what became of Psuedo and the members of the original Next Gen and Alterniteens we've not seen yet. I'm hoping the Superteam Handbook can provide us information along those lines.

Comment

IIRC, the official-but-unprinted word is that Pseudo's off in space to deal with the mess Star-Kahn's made

Comment

IIRC, the official-but-unprinted word is that Pseudo's off in space to deal with the mess Star-Kahn's made
                            Oh, well that does make logical sense.

Comment

Lots of speculation, so let me help with what I can:

• We're not doing a complete list of the teams appearing in the book just yet; that'll be for a blog post closer to the release date, but it will be a mix of teams previously mentioned in canon and new creations. I will confirm that Project Freedom (which gets a brief mention in Freedom City) is one of the teams, and we'll have one that's a transparent homage to my personal favorite low-powered hero team.
                              • The Psions aren't appearing in this, as the focus is more on hero/PC teams. They were a blind spot for me, tbh; never quite clicked back in 2e and so I haven't thought about their current role in the universe. But it sounds like there's a lot of fan love for them, and if the SuperTeam Handbook does well, I would love to do a few more experimental PDF additions in the same vein. This is in no way a promise, but people talking about the Psions so much has at least made me aware that they are still loved and missed.
                              • The current release date had to slide a little bit, but it's mostly through dev and the art is in-process. We're hoping for first quarter 2019.

Comment

Will this book be of much use if we don't use the Freedom universe? Is it mostly info about those teams?

Comment

Working...
                                X