Experimental Character Concepts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Experimental Character Concepts

I also missed Nunya B post because of my phone scrolling down too much.
    Than you for it ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Nunya B View Post
      Teleport is not Damage.
      Teleport does not have a provision to Damage, as Move Object does.
      Use a Damage power if you want Damage.

> Side note... a teleport attack would still severely damage or even incapacitate anyone not capable of flight, just from the rank 16 fall damage. A bit more range on your teleport and your target isn't even coming down and now needs life support to survive the vacuum of space, could be just as bad.
      And get the character banned from the table. Maybe the player too.
      Forgot to answer to this.
      I'm away from books, but I recall attack teleport as one of the examples of the "Attack" extra. Kinda hard to stop a player from doing something that's right there in the book, especially if he tries it as a power stunt, as a GM I would start preparing for it as soon as I allowed a teleporting player...

Comment

Originally posted by Alderic78 View Post
        Forgot to answer to this.
        I'm away from books, but I recall attack teleport as one of the examples of the "Attack" extra. Kinda hard to stop a player from doing something that's right there in the book, especially if he tries it as a power stunt, as a GM I would start preparing for it as soon as I allowed a teleporting player...
        {nods} It usually seems to come down to a sort of "gentleman's agreement" when players realize that the NPCs can have this ability too.
        [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
        [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

I'd like to add attempting to bring logical leaps into arguments on what a power should naturally be allowed is a double edged sword. Yes you may get the GM to agree to let you open a portal in front of a black hole with enough nagging but they may just be upset enough to say that the gravitation of the blackhole has hijacked the portal and is keeping it open and it is now starting to suck the planet through it as well. Maybe hurling a character to some inhospitable dimension has caught the eye of some eldritch horror who now seeks to escape. Using Transform 1 to make Antimater to get a Damage 100 area attack will probably kill you too because why would you be immune to that?

That is if the GM even allows such things, they can probably just logic up reasons why it doesn't work. Safety mechanisms in the power to prevent self harm or just odd quirks in how it works based on human perceptions or because of whatever entity mechanic provides the power itself.
          [SIZE=2][FONT=comic sans ms][I][URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7721-WAIFU-WARZ-Squirrelly-s-Anime-and-Animation-Builds"]I Build Waifus and Waifu Accessories![/URL][/I][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
          X