Fantasy Grounds GMs & Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Grounds GMs & Players

Has anyone used the M&M ruleset on Fantasy Grounds? I'm looking for some insight into how you modded it to get the functionality out of it you want and need for a good play experience. Also looking to sit in on a game and watch how the GM manages the interface.

Just getting into M&M myself. I run 2 games of 5E and I'm, looking for M&M to be the game I actually get to play.

Tad

Re: Fantasy Grounds GMs & Players

What would you like to know?

Who am I? I'm working on the new version of Mutants & Masterminds for Fantasy Grounds.

I've been pretty quiet about it, but we're starting to get close to completion. Are there specific features you're looking for?

I can tell you this much right off the bat:
    • Its "CoreRPG" compatible
    • Accurately models all M&M mechanics
    • Complete on-table reference (Player & GM versions)
    • Modules will be released that will include data from all the supplements
    • Emerald City campaign setting to follow sometime in 2016/Early 2017
    • Import from Hero Lab (an external tool)

Comment

This is exciting news and I am certain this will be well received. You will have my support quickly.

Will this replace the current mod, or will it be an upgrade to that license?

Having the import from Hero Lab does a ton for the game. I have pdfs of all the books and being able to import the Hero lab files that come with them is huge!

Comment

Originally posted by tadkil View Post
        Has anyone used the M&M ruleset on Fantasy Grounds? I'm looking for some insight into how you modded it to get the functionality out of it you want and need for a good play experience. Also looking to sit in on a game and watch how the GM manages the interface.

Just getting into M&M myself. I run 2 games of 5E and I'm, looking for M&M to be the game I actually get to play.

Tad
        I have played with this ruleset in Fantasy Grounds. It is rather nice. I handles most of the 3e rules nicely, but some things need are not automated yet, like how the ruleset handles AOE attacks (everyone ref saves for half effect). Also the ruleset would benefit from being updated to the latest version of the base ruleset code (3+). I do highly recomend using it as a Virtual Tabletop option.

Comment

Originally posted by tadkil View Post
          Will this replace the current mod, or will it be an upgrade to that license?

Having the import from Hero Lab does a ton for the game. I have pdfs of all the books and being able to import the Hero lab files that come with them is huge!
          I'm not 100% on how Smiteworks will offer it, but I'd like to think its going to be considered an update to those who currently own the ruleset.

I'm a M&M GM as well, so in our redesign, we've spent a lot of time considering what a M&M GMs needs to run a successful game "on the table"

Importing stuff from Hero Lab only makes sense, because I demand my players use Hero Lab to put their characters together. I'm just eliminating a data entry step with the HL import tool.. heh

You can stay up to date here, http://extraordinarygamers.com as thats the pool of people I'll draw from for some private/public testing..

Comment

Over a year and nothing further in this thread... Sunspoticus, are you still working on an improved version of the M&M ruleset? Dog knows I'd love to see it if so! Flint

Comment

Originally posted by Flint View Post
              Over a year and nothing further in this thread... Sunspoticus, are you still working on an improved version of the M&M ruleset? Dog knows I'd love to see it if so! Flint
              It's done. I am currently skinning it.. should be available soon!

Comment

I've never used FG though I bought a license a while ago and never had time to take it for a test drive.

I am thinking of buying the M&M set but was wondering how it performs in support of a face to face game.
                I am an old gamer and not interested in remote anything, in the room at the same table for me.
                But it would be nice to use software assistance unfortunately FG (and the other similar programs) skip this use in their pitches concentrating on what they consider the more popular use.

For me a simple at the table GM tool and map. Say the GM's screen and a second screen for everyone so things can be hidden.

Does FG support this in your experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunspoticus View Post
                  It's done. I am currently skinning it.. should be available soon!
                  Nice, I can't wait. Is it using the latest Core?

Comment

yes. tested against Core 3.2..

Comment

Originally posted by Sunspoticus View Post
                      yes. tested against Core 3.2..
                      Excellent! Can't wait to finally see an updated version of the ruleset.

Comment

I'd like to try this when it comes out.

Comment

Wait. A new edition of mutants and masterminds by another company? I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Univers8e View Post
                            Wait. A new edition of mutants and masterminds by another company? I'm confused.
                            No it isn't a new edition of the M&M game. What were discussing is a new version of the M&M 3e implementation for the Virtual Table Top software called Fantasy Grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Drakos View Post
                              No it isn't a new edition of the M&M game. What were discussing is a new version of the M&M 3e implementation for the Virtual Table Top software called Fantasy Grounds.
                              Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Working...
                              X