How do I make this character: Headman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I make this character: Headman

So I was interested in making a superhero character on PL10 whose gimmick is that he is a super scientist and has modified his own body so that his head is detachable and he can put it on different robotic bodies and control them. He would have his normal human looking android body that he uses day to day and when he is working in his lab, then he would have a powerhouse type body he would use when he suspects that heavy combat is in the works, a paragon type for public appearances and general patrol and then he would have a stealthy infiltration type body he would use when his covert work to do. He would only be able to switch the bodies in his lab I expect ( although being able to summon a different body by remote control like Iron Man did with his hulk-buster armor in that one movie is an attractive idea as well).

Any idea how this could be made? Is it an array of different enhanced ability and power sets? Is it equipment? Is it a series of battlesuits?

For a steampunk variant try the cartoon screw on head.

Comment

Just an array of alternate forms. The fact that it is his actual head is a descriptor.

Comment

If you want to be able to completely separate him from his body, then one possibility is to give him absent abilities so that he has no Strength, Agility, etc, and then buy those abilities in a Device that is your Android body (as well as any other associated powers) and then buy AEs (yes, this does kind of break part of the AE balancing that if one power is disabled, they all are, but honestly, it doesn't come up very often that a Device gets that smashed up) for the other bodies. I'd probably just call it a Complication that you can't switch instantly. There's a "Slow" flaw in the splatbooks for only being able to change Variable outside of combat, but it's really unclear as to how that would work for point discounts on AEs, so I'd go for the Complication. Or, if a player insists, making it a 1-2 point Quirk.
        [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
        [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Seconding FuzzyBoot's answer. Basically the character would be Marvel's MODOK, a head with stubby limbs, but with an array of bodies instead of just the one floating chair. The points from disabling your Strength, Agility, and Dexterity would go in to your Devices.

(yes, this does kind of break part of the AE balancing that if one power is disabled, they all are, but honestly, it doesn't come up very often that a Device gets that smashed up)
          In this case I'd just say that instead of the rest of the android bodies being disabled, they're unavailable. Most likely because they're in a maintainance faciltiy somewhere and it takes time to activate them and get them to your location. And maybe it takes time to install yourself in the control section of the body. You can get them eventually, but not soon enough to use in this scene.

Comment

I like FuzzyBoot's idea although I'm not sure the abilities should be completely debilitated. Maybe they could just be really low, as in Agility -2, Str _-2, Sta _2, etc... but normal Int, Aw, Pre. Do you get PP back for lowering abilites below 0?

Comment

I think FB was referring to just the head. You are referring to the head on the human body.

Comment

No, I was referring to just the head as well. I think it would be hilarious if his head had little metal legs and could walk around by itself in an emergency.

Comment

Well, then it's not "just a head".

Comment

You might want to look at building the bodies as mecha. From the Gadget Guides, mecha are constructs with Strength, Agility, Dexterity, Fighting, and Awareness, but with no ranks in Stamina, Intellect, or Presence. A mecha's physical abilities substitute for the pilot's, combining the pilot's skill ranks with the mecha's ability ranks.

Comment

Working...
                    X