Heroic Overshadow Advice Wanted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroic Overshadow Advice Wanted

I would like some advise on how to handle an alternate Heroic version of Overshadow. How would he act, how powerful would he be compared to the regular one, what would his role in the world be, how would established characters Like say Doctor Tomorrow, react to him, etc?

What is Overshadow?

Comment

A character from the Freedom City setting.

Comment

Don't have access to Overshadow's stats at the moment but don't see why they should change - a parallel self should either be unpowered (never underwent the situation that gave him his abilities -or have the same powers and abilities as his evil twin its his motivations and possibly training that would be different - assuming a US-based campaign then you'd have a Captain America / Early Superman type of personality though he would likely be disillusioned over time. How others would deal with him would depend on your campaign - does his evil doppelganger exist on that world? Has Doctor Tomorrow meet either the evil or good version before? Has this version of Overshadow meet his evil self? This could be an opportunity for a battle with the goodies only to discover they are both on the same side, or even an ongoing grudge ("I don't care if he seems to be on the side of the angels for now, his other selves always turn evil, he cannot be trusted...")
        That would depend on where you intended to go with the character (or if a PC rather than a NPC where the player wanted to go with it...)

Comment

Okay I looked him up. Didn't remember the name.

Does this alternate Overshadow go around calling himself Overshadow? There's nothing distinctive about his powers since he is a Battle Armor style character. A fresh coat of paint and a new name and no one would know he is an alt Overshadow. Does this alternate have the same long history? If so, what has made him turn heroic? If not, where did he come from?

Comment

One of my main problems is that Overshadow's current level of power, from what I understand, came from doing some nasty things. How could I spin him, his powers, and his origins in order to put him in a heroic role?

Comment

I don't understand why his existing origin matters at all for making a new origin. Just create a new origin completely ignoring the old one. Maybe I don't understand what you are trying to do. Does the evil Overshadow exist and is known to people in the world where the heroic Overshadow will exist? If so, why is the new Overshadow named Overshadow. Presumably the old Overshadow took on that name as part of his origin. If the new Overshadow has a different origin might he not have taken a different alias?

Comment

I just want his new origin to be somewhat similar to his regular one, especially the Tan-Aktor stuff and his connection to The Scarab. Perhaps reverse their roles in some way?

Comment

That does seem the simple way to do it. Though, again, ending up with Overshadow for a name might be a stretch.

Comment

Yeah something else, like Soulight or something, might work better.

Comment

There is actually already a heroic Overshadow mentioned as being a member of an alternate mirror universe type deal, Anti-Earth, which plays the same basic role as Earth-3.

He's called Highlight, and leads an organisation called LIGHT.
                      Formerly Narsil.

Comment

I know about Highlight, he is actually what inspired this idea, but we never got a lot of information on him.

Comment

I would suggest the heroic Overshadow/Highlight could have the same origin as the Earth-Prime version, but instead of being a loyal Nazi, he was a Prussian Nationalist-the scion of a "Germany First" aristocratic military family who at first welcomed the Third Reich's rise and even made excuses for Hitler's anti-Semitism and bigotry, but eventually became disgusted with the depravity of Nazism. He turned against the Reich, and fled Germany, destroying whatever secrets he could not take with him. Hightlight became one of the Allies most greatest champions, in part because he battled fiercely to atone for his own role in the Reich's evil. But after the war's end, Highlight eventually grew disenchanted with the Allies as well, as on Anti-Earth they were more imperialistic and vindictive in their actions towards the Axis and previously German-occupied territories. Hence, he severed ties with the U.S. government, went underground, and built the counter-establishment organization L.I.G.H.T. to promote egalitarianism and personal freedom.

All my best.

Comment

I like that idea! if it was not on Anti-Earth perhaps Highlight would have served as a beacon for European resistance fighters to rally around, maybe ending the war sooner?

Comment

Working...
                            X