Talent Powers in Freedom-verse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talent Powers in Freedom-verse?

Do any of the characters in the Freedom/Emerald Universe use the Talent Powers model of representing extreme human skill - or do they all rely on high ranked skills and Hero Point tricks?

Re: Talent Powers in Freedom-verse?

I think Raven in the Emerald City Knights adventure was the first example of seeing someone in 3e buy additional damage for their attacks and consider it learned combat prowess.

Unfortunately the talents profile was written a few years after many of the characters who are now part of the extended FCU.
    "Reverting to name calling suggests you are defensive and therefore find my opinion valid," Spock, Into Darkness.

Comment

I just really liked the idea of using clairvoyance to represent Sherlock-level detective skills rather than just spending a Hero Point for a clue. Same statement obviously applies to characters like Batman in the DC books.

Comment

I think the best chance of seeing things like that will be in the new Freedom City book; as it was written after the Power Profiles. There's a lot of good stuff in the talents profile.
        "Reverting to name calling suggests you are defensive and therefore find my opinion valid," Spock, Into Darkness.

Comment

Awesome! Do we know if that's in front or behind the Cosmic book?

Comment

The cosmic book should be coming out first; but we've been saying that for a couple of years now, so who knows?

Comment

Speaking of the Raven profile and Talent Powers, I liked how her Combat Mastery effect stacked with her collapsible staff, keeping her Accuracy from shifting more than five ranks.
              Failures, Successes, and Everything Else: Nillaman's Roster

Comment

Working...
              X