Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Man into Guyver

Greetings one and all,

I have been running a game for a several weeks now and one of the players has come up with an idea of taking an Iron Man-esque character and changing it over to a "Guyver"-like character. They want to do this IN-GAME, without changing the base character. A little background might help. The battlesuit being worn is of an alien origin, and the character is from the Lor Republic. The characters in the game are currently running through the Silver Storm campaign setting for Emerald City.

I envisioned two (2) different paths to take.

1) The exposure to the initial Silver Storm has an unexpected affect on the battlesuit and it starts to morph. The change would take place slowly over a multiple game sessions. The suit would slowly morph and change as the change occurred.

2) [borrowing a page from Marvel Secret Wars] The character's battle is battle damaged in the middle of a big fight. I was actually thinking that they could be exploring an alien ship that crash-landed in the bay. The suit is badly damaged to the point of being useless. This prompts the character to look for supplies and/or equipment to repair the suit. While seaching, the character runs across a "Guyver Unit" and activates it. Thusly gaining a new outfit.

Any thoughts???
    Check out my builds at * EMERALD FLAME'S 3e BUILDS *

“There are moments when even to the sober eye of reason, the world of our sad humanity may assume the semblance of Hell. ”

― Edgar Allan Poe

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

-- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Re: Iron Man into Guyver

Either seems like a reasonable path to take. Some of it may depend on how your player wants the transition to go. I'd personally suggest the gradual transition. For one, it allows for more character-building as the player slowly transitions over. Secondly, it lets him "try before he buys" to see if it he likes it. If he find the Guyver thing doesn't work for him after half of his armor has been converted over, he can revert more readily than suddenly flip-flopping to the new suit and back to the old one. Thirdly, unless he's finding other places to conserve points, he needs to pay off the Hard-to-Lose discount somewhere in there. Doing things piecemeal means he can do it a few points at a time.

A third option, using the nanites, is that he has to make repairs in the field. He has a brilliant idea and starts using the nanites for field repairs, resulting in a more organic armor in places. It combines the unpredictable wild card of the nanites with all of this being the decision of the battlesuit-owner, with his all the credit and all the blame no matter what happens.
    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
    [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

For option 2, we've seen it happen with War Machine... his Stark-built suit was trashed and he found a very Guyver-esque suit called the Warwear to replace it.

I'd favor the second option... More Guyver-like to get it whole. If one's normal suit is spontaneously evolving, why not put it in a locker and get a normal replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by Wheeljack View Post
        For option 2, we've seen it happen with War Machine... his Stark-built suit was trashed and he found a very Guyver-esque suit called the Warwear to replace it.

I'd favor the second option... More Guyver-like to get it whole. If one's normal suit is spontaneously evolving, why not put it in a locker and get a normal replacement?
        This was a thought that I had.... Why would he just sit there and have his suit "evolve" around him. I was looking at #2 as the primary option, but I was wondering if anybody would have another option that could suggest.
        Check out my builds at * EMERALD FLAME'S 3e BUILDS *

“There are moments when even to the sober eye of reason, the world of our sad humanity may assume the semblance of Hell. ”

― Edgar Allan Poe

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

-- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
        X