What happened with Callie?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened with Callie?

I just read a reference to Callie Summers handing over the mantle of Raven to Elite - what was her reason for retirement?

Re: What happened with Callie?

Originally posted by The_Merlyn View Post
    I just read a reference to Callie Summers handing over the mantle of Raven to Elite - what was her reason for retirement?
    Didn't she go in to politics? Became like the mayor of Freedom city or something like that.
    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

-Doctor Who

Comment

She's campaigning to be Mayor of Freedom City.

My theory is that a villain is trying to get elected so they can bring out another Moore Act (which would make it illegal for superhumans to operate if they're not working for the U.S. government or military).

Getting elected herself would be the best chance of Moore Act 2.0 never coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by betterwatchit View Post

My theory is that a villain is trying to get elected so they can bring out another Moore Act
        Yep, its called the Even Moore Act.
        “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

-Doctor Who

Comment

Passage of a second Moore Act style law is essential for setting up the gritty, cyberpunk attidute of the "twenty minutes into the future" setting of "Future Freedom," as outlined in the Worlds of Freedom...

In that setting, Callie Summers has retired as the Raven and is living as a recluse... But it is suggested she might be the mystery patron of the new, third Raven: Drake Ward.

Ominous foreshadowing, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Batgirl III View Post
            Passage of a second Moore Act style law is essential for setting up the gritty, cyberpunk attidute of the "twenty minutes into the future" setting of "Future Freedom," as outlined in the Worlds of Freedom...

In that setting, Callie Summers has retired as the Raven and is living as a recluse... But it is suggested she might be the mystery patron of the new, third Raven: Drake Ward.

I do know that as of Atlas of Earth-Prime: USA, Callie has allowed Elite to use the Raven name.

Comment

My theory is that a villain is trying to get elected so they can bring out another Moore Act (which would make it illegal for superhumans to operate if they're not working for the U.S. government or military).
              Amusingly, this was the plot of an episode of the old Batman show. Penguin ran for mayor and Batman had to run against him to ensure he wouldn't win.

Comment

My money's on Johnathan Grant. As the CEO of a multinational company, he has the money and the influence to make it happen.
                Radio Multiverse: A very non-conventional group of tabletop RPG enthusiasts who play equally unconventional games! New episodes every week!
                Check us out at http://radio-multiverse.tumblr.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/user/radiomultiverse/

Comment

my thought was that over 20 years worth of fighting crime in all its forms without the benefit of a sliding timeline's taken its toll on callie, so she retired by choice in order to be healthy enough to fight crime from within the system

Comment

Sad that she's fated loses to Jonathan Grant leading to darker times in
                    Freedom city. Still, I really liked the Future Freedom for showing what
                    happens to some of the younger superheroes.

I always thought Tyrannus was a MoonSon 1 possessed Chase Atom.
                    It fits in with a return of the joker vibe. Not to mention the similar
                    purple color, stats, and knowing many past superheroes secrets.
                    I mean losing your whole entire family must have affected him alot.
                    MoonSon 1 was supposedly experimenting on Chase before being
                    rescued...

Another candidate might have been Megastar. We don't know what
                    happened to him. Maybe his armor took over. It would certainly
                    explain the Nemesis power the Tyrannus Armor has. That and
                    Megastar is based on Ben 10 with one possible version becoming
                    a supervillain. MegaStar always felt like Captain Marvel who couldn't
                    adapt to changing darker times like in Kingdom Come.

Maybe he was rejected by or failed to save Seven driving him nuts.
                    Last edited by HustlerOne; 11-28-2014, 01:23 PM.

Comment

In my campaign, Tyrannus was Doctor Metropolis. Dun-dun-dun.

Comment

In my campaign, Tyrannus was Doctor Metropolis. Dun-dun-dun.
                        Not Centurion then?

-Doctor Who

Comment

No, but that's what all the initial clues led us to believe. Turned out the GM fed us enough red herring to have rendered a pod of orcas morbidly obese...

Superhero RPGs run by a guy who had only ever GMed Shadowrun and Call of Cththlu in his twenty years of gaming leads down some twisting roads that the genre doesn't normally pursue.

Comment

No, but that's what all the initial clues led us to believe. Turned out the GM fed us enough red herring to have rendered a pod of orcas morbidly obese...
                            Can Orcas even get fat? Hmmmmm, might have to google that.

-Doctor Who

Comment

Can you guys point me to what sources address these developments?

Comment

Working...
                              X