Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ronin roundtable: freedom city villains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ronin roundtable: freedom city villains

    bit of a surprise. this goes up a couple days ago and people wanting word on upcoming releases don't make a single comment?

    anyway, read it here. some interesting details drop, including two comebacks and one departure

  • #2
    Re: ronin roundtable: freedom city villains

    Really good to hear - looking forward to it. I was kind of disappointed with Emerald city in that an entire 1/3rd of the book was adventure - I would have preferred to see the threat reports in that space to make it a more complete book.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: ronin roundtable: freedom city villains

      Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post
      bit of a surprise. this goes up a couple days ago and people wanting word on upcoming releases don't make a single comment?

      anyway, read it here. some interesting details drop, including two comebacks and one departure
      I'd buy it right now. Now, the wait
      [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1243-My-Dream-House"]My Dream House[/URL]

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: ronin roundtable: freedom city villains

        Yes, the waiting...any word on when the new FC book is dropping? I am stoked to have this book; 2e FC is still one of my favorite game supplements to browse through and re-read on a whim.
        Say goodbye to gravity
        Say goodbye to death
        Say hello to eternity
        And live for every breath
        -The Wicker Man, Iron Maiden

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: ronin roundtable: freedom city villains

          This looks promising. I fear the only thing that can mitigate the pain of waiting is a near future release of the cosmic sourcebook.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: ronin roundtable: freedom city villains

            I wonder if the Dungeon Dimension mentioned the Warden's entry is in any way related to the Dungeon Dimensions from the Discworld books.
            Let's hope not, as that's the place a lot of eldritch horrors come from...
            Radio Multiverse: A very non-conventional group of tabletop RPG enthusiasts who play equally unconventional games! New episodes every week!
            Check us out at http://radio-multiverse.tumblr.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/user/radiomultiverse/

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: ronin roundtable: freedom city villains

              Good to see a bit of an update on this. Both editions of FC so far have been phenomenal books and I can't wait to see if the team can keep up the quality on the new update.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: ronin roundtable: freedom city villains

                Originally posted by Ramsey View Post
                I wonder if the Dungeon Dimension mentioned the Warden's entry is in any way related to the Dungeon Dimensions from the Discworld books.
                Let's hope not, as that's the place a lot of eldritch horrors come from...
                Wasn't there a 1e M&M villain with a Dungeon Dimension? For some reason I thought his illustration reminiscent of DC's villainous Dr. Light.
                Say goodbye to gravity
                Say goodbye to death
                Say hello to eternity
                And live for every breath
                -The Wicker Man, Iron Maiden

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: ronin roundtable: freedom city villains

                  Originally posted by K.G. Carlson View Post
                  Wasn't there a 1e M&M villain with a Dungeon Dimension? For some reason I thought his illustration reminiscent of DC's villainous Dr. Light.
                  Dr. Dungeon shows up in the Crooks books, released in both 1E and 2E versions. He's part of the META-4 universe, which was the default setting in 1E.
                  [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

                  [b]Current games:[/b]
                  [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: ronin roundtable: freedom city villains

                    Originally posted by FuzzyBoots View Post
                    Dr. Dungeon shows up in the Crooks books, released in both 1E and 2E versions. He's part of the META-4 universe, which was the default setting in 1E.
                    Also Doctor Dungeon did not actually include a dungeon dimension so much as a prison planet called Hell-World.... Yeah, I checked when I read it too since I was sure their was a Dungeon Dimension in Crooks that it might have been related to, even though I knew the Meta 4 stuff was off limits to Green Ronin.
                    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

                    -Doctor Who

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: ronin roundtable: freedom city villains

                      Originally posted by saint_matthew View Post
                      … I knew the Meta 4 stuff was off limits to Green Ronin.
                      Not completely. They're still using the artwork and the Deluxe Handbook included some of the classic META-4 villains. I think it's more a matter of that they want to focus on their own properties. More control and fewer royalty payments.
                      [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

                      [b]Current games:[/b]
                      [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X