Atlas of Earth Prime: The Mediterranean

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlas of Earth Prime: The Mediterranean

At last we have another addition of the Atlas of Earth Prime, The Mediterranean this time.

http://greenronin.com/2014/11/atlas_..._the_medit.php

Curious about something inside, there's a one line template for "Spirit of Gibraltar", but no mention of it within the text. Is there some missing background on them?
    Apprentice Mastermind:
    Assorted Builds: [url]https://calubrecht.us/mutantsAndMasterminds/miscreants.html[/url]

Re: Atlas of Earth Prime: The Mediterranean

Originally posted by thaumonuclear View Post
    At last we have another addition of the Atlas of Earth Prime, The Mediterranean this time.

http://greenronin.com/2014/11/atlas_..._the_medit.php

Curious about something inside, there's a one line template for "Spirit of Gibraltar", but no mention of it within the text. Is there some missing background on them?
    I believe Spirit of Gibraltar is meant to represent the vortex of elemental power that lies dormant, waiting to potentially empower someone, which was caused by the incomplete ritual of Jackanapes talked about right above where the template is posted.

Comment

Hmm, yes, I totally fail at reading comprehension today.
      Apprentice Mastermind:
      Assorted Builds: [url]https://calubrecht.us/mutantsAndMasterminds/miscreants.html[/url]

Comment

Just read the Atlas, and here's my two pence...

It's refreshing to see that the latest hero of Greece has technology-based powers.

It's nice to see a 3E write-up of Duke Nefarious.

The "Doctrine of Powers" sidebar is probably the first time I've read anything detailed about how people in a supers universe would perceive theological matters. I agree that theology would be a good sight more lively when you have actual gods appearing on Earth. Just ask Eris!

The Vatican having an Order that actually deals with magic isn't that surprising. The Order for teaching Catholic supers would be inevitable after the horrors of World War II.

The Knight of Malta's abilities would make it much harder than usual for a villain to try anything over there. After all, any Maltese could suddenly become the Knight! So don't look too surprised if you break into a building and find the Knight behind the first door you open!

Comment

I'm told that the latest copy has been posted without any attached hero lab files - can anyone confirm either way?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by betterwatchit View Post
            It's refreshing to see that the latest hero of Greece has technology-based powers.
            Really? Ha, colour me surprised.

Originally posted by betterwatchit View Post
            The "Doctrine of Powers" sidebar is probably the first time I've read anything detailed about how people in a supers universe would perceive theological matters. I agree that theology would be a good sight more lively when you have actual gods appearing on Earth.
            It'd make Atheism much more lively too since it would literally bring all mythologies in to doubt (after all they can't all be right, but they can all be wrong), while simultaneously raising the question of what defines divinity... Does immortality & power define divinity then isn't Doctor Metropolis a god? Is it immortality & control over an aspect of the elements? If so does that make the Green Man a god? What objective feature makes PL 15 Hades a god, but not other PL 15 characters?

Its the classic Star Gate conundrum, or the "what makes the Marvel Asgardians gods exactly" argument.
            “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”

-Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by SignalGK View Post
              I'm told that the latest copy has been posted without any attached hero lab files - can anyone confirm either way?

Thanks
              It doesn't have them.

Comment

Glad to see this has finally made it out. I'll download it and look forward to reading it a little bit later.

I'm sure if it doesn't have the Hero Lab files just now an update will be uploaded soon, similar to the art update on the Mexico file.

Comment

Forgot how many pieces of former Yugoslavia there are (Though I guess Serbia will be in Eastern Europe?)

Hope the release schedule will pick up and we finish with Europe before the year's out.
                  Apprentice Mastermind:

Comment

Originally posted by PhilH View Post
                    Glad to see this has finally made it out. I'll download it and look forward to reading it a little bit later.

I'm sure if it doesn't have the Hero Lab files just now an update will be uploaded soon, similar to the art update on the Mexico file.
                    Can someone post on the forums when this gets fixed? I'll wait to purchase this one until I can get my greedy little mitts on the Hero Lab files at the same time...
                    Say goodbye to gravity
                    Say goodbye to death
                    Say hello to eternity
                    And live for every breath
                    -The Wicker Man, Iron Maiden

Comment

Originally posted by K.G. Carlson View Post
                      Can someone post on the forums when this gets fixed? I'll wait to purchase this one until I can get my greedy little mitts on the Hero Lab files at the same time...
                      Updated file has been uploaded with the hero lab files included. Woke up this morning to an e-mail letting me know. You can go ahead and give Green Ronin your money now...

Comment

Originally posted by PhilH View Post
                        Updated file has been uploaded with the hero lab files included. Woke up this morning to an e-mail letting me know. You can go ahead and give Green Ronin your money now...
                        Thanks! I'll be getting this one shortly...
                        Say goodbye to gravity
                        Say goodbye to death
                        Say hello to eternity

Comment

Aaaaand I've got it!

These atlases are a nice way to get me through the long dark night until Freedom City 3e rolls out.
                          Say goodbye to gravity
                          Say goodbye to death
                          Say hello to eternity

Comment

Working...
                          X