Power Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Help

So one of my players had started reading a comic called The Gamer. In it a guy follows video game rules in real life. He's trying to recreate the character to play and one while most of his abilities I could replicate, the one I'm having trouble with is his inventory. He can call it up anywhere and pull anything he has in it out or put anything in, so as long as he could use it. For this, I was thinking of using variable power, but I haven't had experience with the power. I figure he'd use it almost like a utility belt. Any good ideas on how to make something like this?

Re: Power Help

Look at the portal option under teleport. Limit them to a very small portal, just big enough to pull out the items from wherever they are stored at which will also help reduce the cost of the power.
    Classic car restoring, gun owning, martial arts practicing, military, gamer geek, kinky lesbian IT chick (has your brain exploded yet?)
    [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1835-Digital-s-Daemons"]My character library[/URL]

Comment

The Size and Mass Power Profile has a Feature build called "Shrinking Storage," basically you can reduce an item's mass ranks one a one for one basis, depending on how many Ranks of the feature you have. A mere 5 Ranks will reduce a 100 lbs. object to 3 lbs. (so a suit of plate mail armor in your backpack) and a 3 lbs. assault rifle is reduce to the weight of so much pocket change.

This is a way to justify having massive Equipment in a small, portable space without the potential headaches of Variable. It's easy enough to just use Extra Effort or a Hero Point if he does need to pull something special out of this asset.

Comment

Depending on how useful you think it is gonna be in game, it might just be a 1 to 3 points or so for a Feature. Or subtle extra on Enhanced Equipment (and on the Wealth benefit as well, since The Gamer can make a lot of money from the loot things drop when he defeats them and he can stuff the money on his inventory as well). Possibly Movement 1 (Dimensional movement to his "pocket dimension" inventory), Attack, Affects Only Objects, Reversible
        My Deviantart page

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll just use a feature to make his hyperspace arsenal. Though I did forget about the making "loot" appear regardless if it makes sense from an opponent. That would just be an additional feature with wealth added on. Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
          X