Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mutants and Masterminds book recommendations

Originally posted by digitalangel View Post
    I highly recommend both of these. Of course I play fantasy games with M&M mechanics on a regular basis. I don't pull it out on a regular basis much anymore, but it was a great tool for learning how to handle/play fantasy games in M&M. Still useful at times for a quick reference on feats, skills uses in fantasy settings, and quick racial templates.

Until Gadget Guides came out for 3E (which I still need to pick up) Mecha and Manga was the go to book for robots or mechs too. Plus cool stuff for martial arts, chi powers, pet sidekicks and more.
    the main reason i didn't suggest either earlier, is because a number of the powers and feats can be or just flat out ARE broken as all heck

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post
      the main reason i didn't suggest either earlier, is because a number of the powers and feats can be or just flat out ARE broken as all heck
      Why do you say that? There are several things, especially in Mecha and Manga that are genre specific for some of the genres it covers that don't necessarily work in other genres as well.
      Classic car restoring, gun owning, martial arts practicing, military, gamer geek, kinky lesbian IT chick (has your brain exploded yet?)
      [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1835-Digital-s-Daemons"]My character library[/URL]

Comment

Presumably because they are designed for a low level of power in comparison

Comment

Freedom City (Mutants & Masterminds) is 2nd?

and Wild Cards: A Campaign Setting for Mutants & Mast​erminds +
          Aces and Jokers: A Wild Cards Sourcebook for Mutants & Mast​erminds is 2nd edition too?

the only 3rd edition stuff is http://greenroninstore.com/collectio...ts-masterminds ?

Comment

Originally posted by Supi View Post
            Freedom City (Mutants & Masterminds) is 2nd?

and Wild Cards: A Campaign Setting for Mutants & Mast​erminds + Aces and Jokers: A Wild Cards Sourcebook for Mutants & Mast​erminds is 2nd edition too?

the only 3rd edition stuff is http://greenroninstore.com/collectio...ts-masterminds ?
            Freedom City is due to be released for 3e next year along with Hero High. With the exception of the Scare Sheets series, the Wild Cards series of books are also 2nd edition and I'm not sure if there are any plans to update to 3e directly.

Don't exclude work produced by other publishers such as Better Mousetrap (due to come out for 3e soon) and other existing work from Misfit studios, I really recommend Black Chapter, The Oktobermen, six gun etc. from Vigilance Press and The Algernon Files from Blackwyrm and you might enjoy Watchguard and the AOV files from Xion Studios (admittedly some of which are only available in PDF format).

There are others but these publishers I rate extremely highly. Hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
            X