M&M Game Room rules?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M&M Game Room rules?

Not sure where to post this, but I guess that's what this section is for. Looking in the Game Room, there's a disclaimer to read the rules before posting or playing a game there, but I've yet to find these rules here. I'm wondering where I'd be able to find them. Thanks.
    SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude - My RollCall thread
    Savage City: Welcome to the Jungle - My Custom M&M Setting

Re: M&M Game Room rules?

Way down at the bottom of any page on the right is a link to Forum Rules.

http://roninarmy.com/threads/7-Terms...es-to-Post-By)

Comment

Well, yeah, but none of those are specific to the Game Room.

What I'm saying is that this implies that there are specific rules for conducting play, which is understandable, but I can't seem to find them.

Comment

Ah... well there was a minimal "rules" post back on the old forum that hasn't been ported over to the new. Nothing earth-shaking in there.

http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewt...p?f=20&t=27835

Comment

Oh. Well, that's anti-climactic. Thanks though.

Comment

1st Rule: You do not talk about Game Room.
            2nd Rule; You do not talk about Game Room.
            3rd Rule: If someone says "stop" or goes lurker, or quotes Monty Python the campaign is over.
            4th Rule: Only one Wolverine expy to a campaign.
            5th Rule: One post at a time.
            6th Rule: No pouches, no shoulder pads, no Youngblood's Disease.
            7th Rule: Campaigns will go on as long as they have to.
            8th Rule: If this is your first game in Game Room, you have to game.

Comment

Punching For Justice

Comment

Does asking questions about Game Room equate to talking about Game Room?

Comment

OOC = Out of Character
                  IC = In Character

If you're looking for a game look for threads (usually with the OOC tag) which list "Recruiting".

Generally anybody is welcome to make comments in an OOC thread.
                  IC threads, however, are only for people who A) have been accepted into the game and B) are dealing with IC thing.

If you're making a game it can be about pretty much anything as long as you're running it with the M&M rule set. First, Second, or third edition are all welcome.
                  Currently we have people running games in both 2nd and 3rd.
                  Haven't seen a first edition game in ages ;~)

Details about what the games concept is about is usually found on the first post of the OOC or the recruiting thread.

Regarding the content of the posts... well, safest bet is to look at the rules of the entire Green Ronin boards.
                  Swearing is kind of an unknown situation. It doesn't seem to be banned, but it is just generally accepted that you should use use either the $*@# approach or the comic book swear words when possible. Some games are more open to it.

Most of the time if you have questions you can as the guy GMing the game, most of these guys are pretty nice and are willing to answer questions assuming they're not too busy.

Comment

It's semi-traditional for the first post in the OOC thread to include not only the current parameters for the game (setting, PL, PP, and expectations) but also a list of current, and sometimes past, players with links to their character.

Some IC threads include links to "chapters" in the game. In posts, many people post their dialogue in a color and head their posts with their character's name, the number of HP, and their status. Many of us include links to our character in either our sig block or that informational bit at the top. On the old board, it was traditional to use the QUOTE notation to set off an OOC block at the bottom. Personally, I don't like the way the new board renders it, so I use an HR.

Most people around here use Invisible Castle for rolling, but it's up to the GM.
                    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
                    [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Thanks. I've been planning and plotting a game for a while (mostly to run online via Skype or roll20) for some of my old D&D group, but everyone's schedules are off, due to the fact that we've all become adults somehow. So, I thought I'd try bringing my fledgling setting to some other people, but I'm thinking that I'll try to join a game as a player first, so I can get the nuances of both the game system and PBP RPGs down first (nobody likes a GM that doesn't know what they're doing).

Comment

Working...
                      X