Tales of the Forever Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales of the Forever Tree

What follows is fiction of a 'behind-the-scenes' nature, showing the movers'n'shakers, villains and conspirators from the entirety of the Forever Tree. Its not player-accessible knowledge, but is meant to entertain, nonetheless.

A word of warning: I cannot claim my writing is worth a damn. It may well be unreadable, turgid s**t, so---you have been warned.

Also...I have a tendency to go back and further refine things...basically, I rewrite things. Because these tales are entirely of my own design, I feel perfectly free to do this.

For the sanity of others, however, if the end of the post ends with:

To be continued...in a bit

then I'm going to expand things, do rewrites, etc.

If the post ends with:

And the camera fades to black...

then you're looking at the finished product.
    Last edited by Hoid; 4th April 2016, 06:45 PM.
    The Architecturae: coming soon.|\__/|The Forever Tree:|\__/|The Forever Tree (the multiverse).\__/The Forever Tree (Earth-G).\__/Forever Tree NPCs.|\__/|The Multi-Faceted Gem: coming soon.|\__/|World-And-Maze:\__/World-and-Maze (the multiverse).

The Realms of Idrifaulo.

[The Rootthrone]Sol Invictus.

The Rootthrone: from here, destiny was written by a blind, mute and deaf savant, spewed out into reality according to a now-highly-flawed and out-of-date scheme. The vast, ghostly chthonic entity chained next to the Rootthrone had not ceased singing in billions of years.

Sol Invictus was one of the rare few allowed by the Lamassu to even view this sacred place; let alone standing here, in person. Sol watched the ephemeral fabric of time being spun out and pondered the majestic nature of Being.

...whatever. People like Sol were supposed to be pretentious, weren't they? Full of themselves and flinging around turns of phrase almost alien in their...'erudition'? Yes, 'erudition' was the word.

Sol was a paragon. The paragon, or so he'd been told. He had been a regular hero, once, but that was a long time ago. He'd grown MUCH much stronger in the last ten years, and now was counted among the illustrious space gods.

So: here was Sol Invictus, greatest hero in the multiverse, watching time be spun into being, at the heart of all things, and all he could think of was, <(I wonder if the Simpsons will be a re-run, tonight? I hope not.)>

Above him, a great flash of light exploded from nowhere, and the metallic figure of the Angelic Spirit of the Worlds floated down next to him. Sol couldn't see her face, but he had an idea she was smiling behind that featureless mask of hers.

"Hello, Franklin." She looked down at the Rootthrone. "Seeing the future?"

Sol gave a sort little laugh. "'Franklin'." He shook his head ruefully. "Only you still call me that." He paused. "Frances."

There was silence between them for a time, but it was Sol who broke the quiet. "You came here for a reason?" An irritated look was etched on Sol's face.

The Angelic Spirit sighed. "I'm sorry, Franklin, but yes. I don't often call on you, but...well..."

"...yes?"

"We found him, Franklin. At last. I thought you'd want to know..."

"Where? Sol asked, his voice flat.

The Angelic Spirit replied, "Phinniti Phive, in Earth-L's Alpha Centauri system. Franklin..."

But Sol was no longer listening; instead, he shot upwards and vanished from the Rootthrone in milliseconds. The Angelic Spirit of Worlds was left alone. Or so it seemed.

Inside her mind, a tiny voice whispered, <(Well done.)>

"I don't need your praise," she hissed quietly. "You better hope this works, you sorry sack of s**t, or otherwise he will find us both and he will cripple me, and he will kill you."

The voice tsk, tsk, tsk'd. <(You have such little faith in me. I'm insulted.

<(As for Sol Invictus, I'm not stupid enough to fight him, myself. I have...a FRIEND waiting for Sol, on my behalf.)>
    The tiny voice chuckled in amusement. <(I think my friend will have only moderate difficulty with your...'Franklin.')>

Last edited by Hoid; 5th April 2016, 07:49 AM.
    The Architecturae: coming soon.|\__/|The Forever Tree:|\__/|The Forever Tree (the multiverse).\__/The Forever Tree (Earth-G).\__/Forever Tree NPCs.|\__/|The Multi-Faceted Gem: coming soon.|\__/|World-And-Maze:\__/World-and-Maze (the multiverse).

The Realms of Idrifaulo.

Comment

[Earth-K]The Ogrefather

The Ogrefather, vast, obese and towering, lounged at his mountain of pillows, beautiful slaves of either gender all around. The remains of a truly epic feast was all over the Ogrefather, bits of steak, bread and about a gallon of spilt ale. He passed gass noisily, and pondered the future.

He knew, of course, his limits. The other imperiex tolerated the Ogrefather only because the Ogrefather was content with Earth-K. Should he venture any farther, however, the other imperiex would surely destroy him in quick order. So, the Ogrefather was a rare breed of being: a tyrant content with his domain.

This 'Resistance', though...it was becoming truly obnoxious. He had a fairly strong suspicion where the American branch of this 'Resistance' was; he even pondered, for a moment, sending a Wild Hunt to demolish the site.

But no. Aum, the accursed meddler, had one of his little pets, from there. While he wasn't afraid of the so-called 'Monk at the Center of All Existence', the Ogrefather was worried of retaliation from the self-righteous Dream Moth, the puritanical Bull of Heaven and the towering Spidergoddess---all of whom considered Aum a good friend. So...discretion was called for.

However, subtly was NOT the Ogrefather's speciality, like it was with Jax. No, he solved problems with crushing force. The Ogrefather was therefore at a loss of what to do.

But...he was that clever---at least, a clever Mirror of the Ogrefather existed...somewhere. So...the Ogrefather made a Wish.

Though only the Ogrefather could see it, a totally different Ogrefather appeared, hovering in the air before him. This Ogrefather was muscular and erudite, stone Memorytablets hung around his neck. Psychic energy crackled around the Mirror's head, going from Memorytablet to cranium to Memorytablet.

Ogrefather v1 mentally gave a rumble of greeting. Ogrefather v2 gave a courtly bow.

<(You have a problem, I see)> Ogrefather v2 sent. <(Wear my Mirror for but a day, and I will provide you a solution.)>

Ogrefather v1 wasted no time, layering the Mirror on: a radical physical transformation overcame the Ogrefather as the two versions of him...merged. Wishing was never perfect, even for a Godgiant-imperiex. So, the resulting fusion had fat over those iron-hard muscles, and the Memorytablets around his neck were much more primitive in form and function.

His intellect vastly increased and now possssed of an iron discipline, the Ogrefather ran through his options:

He could send the Wild Hunt, but engineer the situation so that the Hunters all died: this way, the Ogrefather could spit in the Resistance's collective faces AND eliminate potential rivals, all the while pretending to reward them.

He could hire Half-Giants to infiltrate the American Resistance; he'd certainly done it before. But mercenaries couldn't be trusted.

But then...an old, half-forgotten name popped into his head, and the Ogrefather's laughter shook the room.

A moment later, he summoned a guard...

Last edited by Hoid; 7th April 2016, 09:23 AM.

The Realms of Idrifaulo.

Comment

[Earth-A]Sargon the Reborn Death.

Once, Sargon the Reborn Death could have, should have been omnipotent, but those nights were long ago. Humanity: the bane of his existence; humanity: so very tempting, so very uncontrollable.

Sargon sat in the uppermost seats of the Court of Blood, and listened as Blood Lords from across Europe debated politics as nauseum. Talk, talk, talk. Where was the ambition? The desire to drench the Forever Tree in blood? Gone. Frittered away in mindless hedonism and useless politicking. A sad legacy, indeed.

Sitting next to Sargon was his 'child', a Starvampire upstart Sargon had personally Metamorphosed into the ranks of the undead. Named EliggGharr, this rank undead youngling had already shown enormous promise.

"Is it always...like THIS?" 'Gharr asked.

Sargon sighed in dreary contempt. "Yes," he whispered back, "ALWAYS like this."

'Gharr frowned. "Then why are we even HERE?"

"Be patient," the Vampiredeity whispered. "A very...powerful...guest-speaker will be given the floor, soon."

"Who?" came the reply.

"Be patient," the Reborn Death reiterated. "All will be revealed."

To be continued...in a bit.
        Last edited by Hoid; 24th April 2016, 08:14 AM.

The Realms of Idrifaulo.

Comment

Working...
        X