[2e] Wild Cards Agents of FBI: One of Us [IC]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2e] Wild Cards Agents of FBI: One of Us [IC]

Things have not been easy for the newly minted mixed team meant to show off what the FBI could offer if given SCARE's resources. The first week had been one meeting after another about how everything should be above board and the vital role the team played in the FBI's plans. Their first case, investigate Nats going missing, Joker fight clubs, and possible experimentation on Nat's was far from easy. To make matters worse, half the team had been reassigned for an urgent mission. So far, the agents followed an online post that turned out to be a trap and subtle attempts to roll with it turned out not to be as subtle as thought. At a former fight scene being investigated at the same time, signs of rampant prostitution and fighting turned up a sample that lead to the discovery of an agent when mixed with an alcohol like substance would have undesirable affects regarding turning someones card. Everyone eventually came back together at a condemned warehouse with 10 uzi armed guards that looks on the brink of collapse with at least one known SCARE agent's dead body inside.

The new arrival, a hacker working for the U.S to avoid prison time, does his thing and comes up with nothing. All online records indicate the Petoric family owns the land, but has been trying to sell it for the last 40 years. Most have just given up trying to off load it since the city won't even take it due to the large Joker population and the tax on the land is nothing due to it having no assessed value. More than half the buildings are condemned or crumbling. The other half don't seem stable. They all have the same layout of a large area and an office although the plans are a couple decades old. All in all, one look from a sufficiently intelligent person could surmise that the land is a waste land for the most deformed Jokers and apparently a group that has some muscle.
    Last edited by mrdent12; 09-28-2014, 11:47 PM.
    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Re: [2e] Wild Cards Agents of FBI: New Boss On the Block [IC]

Hosea "Ace" Skaggs
    HP: 3

Ace frowned as they were given yet another member of the team. I swear... if this turns out to be some administrator's idea of testing how we work under adverse conditions... well, maybe they should have made certain I was using a planted firearm with blanks instead of my own weapon. He quickly ran a few signs and countersigns against Devalin to be sure that this wasn't some crank caller, but the newbie checked out.
    "We have at least one dead body already... we are utilizing non-lethal methods as best as possible, but it is my professional opinion, as the person chosen to run this three-ring circus that delaying our entry is going to lead to more deaths." He stopped and held his breath for a count of three, cooling his anger. "Right. Our last computer guy bugged out on us. What can you tell us about the official records on the warehouse?"

Turning to the rest of the team, while waiting for Agent Devalin's response, he quickly spoke to them. "We're getting more information, hopefully. I'll be frank. I don't feel comfortable with our plan of entry, but I can't think of anything better at the moment. It's a bad situation and I have a sneaking suspicion that we're damned if we do and damned if we don't. Agent Dale, what kind of range of responses can you elicit responsibly. I'd prefer them deciding to drop their weapons and surrender, but if it's going to be easier to do something like give them the collywobbles, go with that. Better to have some small effect than to go big and get nothing."

OOC: Ace is more or less referring to how the Calm version of Emotion Control is pretty much a fight-winner, but only if people miss their save by 10, whereas other effects do something on any failed save.
    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
    [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Devalin Brown
      HP: 1
      Cnd: Healthy
      Loc.: Enroute to the warehouse

"You don't have time to case the place, but you do have time for someone else to do extensive research. Classic."

The line went quiet after Devalin's amused response to what he precieved as Hosea's cutting corners ... or just being lazy. A quick review of his scant findings later and Devalin put his tablet into sleep mode. The device was soon tucked into a zip-up satchel which he slung over his shoulder on his way out of the. No, he hadn't shared the information with Hosea, and didn't intend to until he was on the scene. Let the angry agent think he was still looking up the information he requested. It'd take most people longer, and he wanted to give the man some time to use, if for some reason he needed an excuse.

Originally posted by OOC
      He's only a block away. I'll have Devalin meet up face to face with the others in my next post.
      Roll Call thread: [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/54-Character-Cache?p=211&viewfull=1#post211]Character Cache[/url]

Comment

Jessica Dale
        HP 0->1->0
        Condition: Unconscious

A determined look entered Jessica's eyes as she looked at the assembled guards. Turning to Ace she says, "I have an idea. You aren't going to like it, no matter how it turns out I am going to be out of it for a while. You guys need to get in there and get to the bottom of this though. It might not last long, so just chuck me in the van when I am done, and get as many of them as you can. If we get someone that knows whats going on we can take down the whole operation. Take these," she hands him the remaining doses of the antidote, "We can't have our key witness dying of a sudden Black Queen in his cell, that onset is almost as good as a cyanide pill, so the higher ups are probably ordered to infect themselves if captured."
        At this Jessica takes a deep breath and turns towards the warehouse. She gets as close as she can without being seen, and then reaches deep inside herself. This past year had been hard, and there was plenty to pull up to fuel her guilt and despair. Her comrades, if they were watching, could see her hair strip turn such a deep black that it almost seemed to draw the light in around it, and she let out a soft sob before letting it out into the world, more feeling than she had ever released before. As her feeling spread she could feel it touch each of her victims, which only served to strengthen the growing feeling, multiplying it, overwhelming all of her senses until she was openly weeping, the deep blackness overflowing her eyes to the tears that flowed from them. "I'm sorry." She said, once, before collapsing.

Comment

Agent Dale gets close, but draws the attention of the guards. She is able to get off her burst of guilt and despair before the guards have a chance to respond. Five of them don't even bother getting up after the wave hits them. They drop their weapons to the ground and just begin sobbing about killing innocent Jokers to secure the location. A few even mention mutilating the corpses for fun. Three others start trembling and visibly doubting their past actions, but pull through enough to get their weapons out. Two others don't seem the least bit phased and look contemptuously at their comrades.

Jessica Dale gets a HP for the self sacrificial action.

Initiative time. They are Swat Officer Minions. To move things along a bit, when you attack them, you can also roll their saves for toughness or whatever defense you are going after.
          For reference, there saves are +6 toughness, fort, and reflex, +3 will. 16(total) defense. The first unique three hit that are not helpless have -2 to their saves.

Initiative (1d20+2=21)
          Last edited by mrdent12; 05-05-2014, 12:52 AM.
          [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

Robert "Splatter" Samuels
            CONDITION: Uninjured

Sheet

Swallowing the last of the antidote as Agent Dale slumps to the ground, Robert draws his stun gun in one hand and his issue pistol in the other. He turns to Gina, bows slightly, points towards the still standing guards and says, "Agent Vantas, care to join me?" Without waiting for her answer he barrels straight for the rightmost guard. Raising both weapons and pointing them at the guards he bellows, "FBI! DROP YOUR WEAPONS!"
            Initiative: 1d20+2=21
            awww...I don't have a signature
            But I do have character(s)!

Comment

Agent Gina Vantas
              HP : 1
              Condition : normal thus far

Gina quirked an eyebrow at their newest teammate - even if he could use both weapons at the same time, there were still about five people capable of shooting back that she was aware of.

She could use a Shock wave to damage everyone in front of her - but Agent Samuels was now in the area of effect, and she really didn't want to hit him with collateral damage right out of the gate.

And, from what she'd seen of his Joker abilities earlier, she'd probably blast him into a puddle. She didn't know how long he'd stay that way, but now was really not the time to find out.

She drew her stun gun and aimed it at the other guard who'd been able to shrug of Agent Dale's assault. "Drop the weapon. Now !"

Initiative : 1d20 + 4=18
              Last edited by Prof We1rd; 05-05-2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Devalin Brown
                HP: 1
                Cnd: Healthy
                Loc.: warehouse

Devalin had just came into sight of the other Agents when three broke off, and headed across the street. At the sight of one of the women approaching some Jokers near the warehouse passing out, along with several of the Jokers, Devalin realized the strike was beginning. Muttering a complaint to himself he brushed open his black suit jacket and drew his side arm. Sizing up the terrain, he spotted an oddly placed dumpster. Smeller, but good cover he could try to make use of.

Originally posted by OOC
                Roll Call thread: [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/54-Character-Cache?p=211&viewfull=1#post211]Character Cache[/url]

Comment

Hosea "Ace" Skaggs

Ace bit back his response when Devalin decided to get sarcastic. Damned wild-cards... ever since they started hiring them, every new agent thinks he's some kind of goddamned movie action hero. No discipline. He forced a smile on his lips.

"Get right on that then, Agent," he enunciated, and terminated the call. He turned to the team and found that they had decided they'd waited long enough, and were charging into the fray. He directed his eyes up into the heavens and spoke quietly but fiercely, "It's like herding cats..." He then unslung his weapon and began scoping out who looked to be the greatest threat out of those remaining standing.

[url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

The guards unaffected by the wave of despair take up a position to open fire on the agents.

Game on.

5 Helpless guards, 3 Shaken Guards, and 2 Unaffected Guards

Up Now: Ace 23

Up Next:
                    Splatter 21
                    Guards 21
                    Agent Vantas 18
                    Devalin Brown 16

Comment

Hosea "Ace" Skaggs

Hosea took a deep breath and then released it, rising in a smooth motion and drilling one of the thugs in the center of mass before dropping again. He knew they had to have seen him firing Got to get around to refitting this thing with flash suppressors again so he quickly scurried along the boxes, staying low to the ground even as he vaulted obstacles, to avoid return fire.

OOC: Firing from the partial cover by the boxesAttack roll (Assault Rifle, AoA 3, PA 2): (1d20+9+3-2=17) will probably hit since it's the surprise round for DC 22, 24 if they're Aces. Trying to rehide after firing from a distance, Stealth: (1d20+11-20=-3) is pretty darn lousy, even with distance penalties, so he'll go ahead and move spots to get back under full cover.

Sorry for the tardiness of the reply. Still getting used to the new forum interface.

Comment

CONDITION: Uninjured

Sheet

Originally posted by Agent Vantas
                        ...even if he could use both weapons at the same time, there were still about five people capable of shooting back that she was aware of.
                        Shock and Awe! Add a complete disregard for his own personal safety to 5 of their number being incapacitated and one of their own just being shot, and that should hopefully help with the next action. I'm going to try to Intimidate the remaining group of guards into surrendering.

Full round action
                        Intimidate roll: 1d20+8=23 This is before any bonuses for just taking out 5 and wounding 1 of their number or penalties for them outnumbering us.
                        vs. 3 Shaken Guards Will saves 1d20+1=21, 1d20+1=9, 1d20+1=11 3 failures. These 3 are now sorta-friendly and will grudgingly follow orders.
                        vs. 2 Unaffected Guards Will saves 1d20+3=21, 1d20+3=12 2 failures. These 2 are also now sorta-friendly and will grudgingly follow orders.
                        Doing his best imitation of his old Drill Sergeant, Agent Samuels moves slightly to the side of the guards and waves both his weapons at the group, hollering at the top of his lungs, "FBI! PUT YOUR WEAPONS DOWN AND YOUR HANDS UP! NOW! DO IT NOW AND NO ONE ELSE GETS HURT!"

Comment

DC22 toughness save (1d20+6=12) He is down for the count
                          Ace, like always is right on target and manages to take out one of the shaken guards. Unfortunately, Splatters tactic isn't quite as successful as he would hope with only two guards gettings down on the ground. The other two open fire on the agent waving the two guns and take cover behind some boxes. It looks like the agents are winning until the warehouse doors open to reveal 5 more guards in all black outfits with grenades on their belts. One of them is behind a nasty looking heavy machine gun on a truck.

Auto fire (1d20+6=15) Burst of auto fire from unshaken guard
                          Auto Fire (1d20+4=12) Burst of auto fire from shaken guards
                          I am assuming Splatter is not in insubstantial 2 given it would be obvious and showing his guns would have a minimal effect given how they would look. So, two consecutive DC 19 toughness saves

5 Helpless guards
                          2 Shaken Guards (1 surrendering for now)
                          7 Unaffected Guards (1 surrendering for now)

Up Now: Agent Vantas 18

Up Next:
                          Agent Vantas 18
                          Devalin Brown 16

Comment

HP: 3 -> 2
                            CONDITION: Bruised (-1 Toughness Saves)

Sheet

Originally posted by mrdent12
                            I am assuming Splatter is not in insubstantial 2 given it would be obvious and showing his guns would have a minimal effect given how they would look. So, two consecutive DC 19 toughness saves
                            You are correct, he is not liquid, yet. That's probably going to change next round though. Also when he goes liquid whatever he's holding/wearing doesn't. It just gets held/mixed in his form like fruit in a jello mold. That way he's not showing his liquidy sensitive bits to the world everytime he changes. I just realized I hadn't said anything about that before now. He can still grab/hold/pick up stuff. Visually he looks a bit like Lady Cassandra from Dr.Who, only with a nose and hands.

Toughness Save #1: 1d20+10=12 That's a re-roll!
                            Re-rolled Toughness Save #1: 1d20+10=17 +10 = 27 means I saved.
                            Toughness Save #2: 1d20+10=16 I'll take that hit. -1 to Toughness saves. Are we using Lethal damage rules?
                            As the unshaken guards bullets hit him in the arms and chest to little effect, the shaken guards shots hit low on Roberts torso and manage to stitch across some sensitive portions of his anatomy. "Sunuva...You're gonna regret that." he says, looking straight at the guard that shot him.

Next round his first action will be to let go of holding his solid form and go liquid.

Comment

Agent Gina Vantas
                              HP : 1
                              Condition : normal

It took most of Gina's willpower to NOT have that 'deer caught in the headlights' look when she noticed the sudden reinforcements.
                              From FBI training, she had some idea of what guns could and could not harm her - most handguns can't, a few rifles might.

But that monstrosity on the truck ? Not something to mess with !

Discretion may be the better part of valor, but that didn't mean she couldn't get a poke in before diving for cover.

She aimed her stun gun at the guard behind the machine gun, figuring he's the biggest threat at the moment.

1d20 + 5=15 Just missed !
                              The shot went wide as she ran for cover.

Comment

Working...
                              X