Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Well it'll take some time but there's no reason we couldn't have that over there as well. It all depends on how much you want to advertise it to other members here. Taking on something bigger than supporting your own game could be a bit of a task

Comment

Originally posted by Shock View Post
      Well it'll take some time but there's no reason we couldn't have that over there as well. It all depends on how much you want to advertise it to other members here. Taking on something bigger than supporting your own game could be a bit of a task
      Exactly. Arkrite emailed me a link where someone was doing a similar thing. I didn't post it because... I don't know if they're really wanting it advertised. I can see it being a bit more taxing to open the doors to anyone and everyone, but... so long as you don't appoint any mods who'll be abusive? A decent support structure could make it work.
      Armada Status

Comment

I know a guy who'd act as a Mod that I can personally vouch for, if that would help.
        Last edited by Tattooedman; 4th November 2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Honestly, if we go with our own forum, I was going to promote all of you up to staff there anyway. Not to push the responsibility onto anyone's shoulders who doesn't want it, and we can promote anyone we trust up to it as well.
          Armada Status

Comment

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
            Honestly, if we go with our own forum, I was going to promote all of you up to staff there anyway. Not to push the responsibility onto anyone's shoulders who doesn't want it, and we can promote anyone we trust up to it as well.
            Well, I'm willing to go along with whatever the decision is. Unfortunately, having moved from amateur to semi-pro in the world of comic books, my time is at a premium. I can't game all that much and I can't do too much moderating because of the work I'm doing for myself and other creators on DA (I'm working on a 16 page illustrated comicbook right now involving characters from 13 different creators, including me). Between the work I want to do and the work I have to do to pay the bills, my ability to contribute is limited...but I'll pitch in however I can.

That being said, the Proboards thing looks intriguing and just from my cursory searches, that would be my first choice.

Comment

I was just throwing it out there - I was telling him about what happened here & he asked if it would be possible for him to be a Mod for GR. I have little doubt he'd of done it for me as a favor to a friend and because he does it for a couple other forums (for free btw).

That said I'd be fine with what you're talking about, but I'd like to share something I've come across that might solve our problem - http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/index.php.

I've already joined (same name & all to boot!) and will likely be posting my setting stuff (the all new, all original one that is) there as well as moving my game over there. So if everyone likes the set up there I'm obviously fine with it, or if the group would like to consider the other options I'm fine with that too. I'm flexible like that.
              Last edited by Tattooedman; 4th November 2016, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattooedman View Post
                I was just throwing it out there - I was telling about what happened here & he asked if it would be possible for him to be a Mod for GR. I have little doubt he'd of done it for me as a favor to a friend and because he does it for a couple other forums (for free btw).

That said I'd be fine with what you're talking about, but I'd like to share something I've come across that might solve our problem - http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/index.php.

I've already joined (same name & all to boot!) and will likely be posting my setting stuff (the all new, all original one that is) there as well as moving my game over there. So if everyone likes the set up there I'm obviously fine with it, or if the group would like to consider the other options I'm fine with that too. I'm flexible like that.
                Ha! That's the one Arkrite sent me.

My first concern is whether or not flynn and Shock can see it at work. After that, what's everyone's thoughts on this one?
                Armada Status

Comment

I'm at home now so I won't be able to check it until Monday. I can get to Proboards at work so that's a big plus on its side.

Comment

Ha! That's the one Arkrite sent me.

My first concern is whether or not flynn and Shock can see it at work. After that, what's everyone's thoughts on this one?
                    Fair enough, I'd say 50/50 odds right now.

Comment

I'm at home now so I won't be able to check it until Monday.
                      Slacker.
                      Armada Status

Comment

Slacker.
                        If I was a workaholic, I'd take offense, so you're safe ;}

Odds are that I'll be able to get there since Echoes of the Multiverse is brand new and probably not tagged much by Google.

Comment

If I was a workaholic, I'd take offense, so you're safe ;}

Odds are that I'll be able to get there since Echoes of the Multiverse is brand new and probably not tagged much by Google.
                          I feel that they're missing out on an opportunity by not naming it the Subatomic Think Tank, but...
                          Armada Status

Comment

From what I can see it looks a lot like the old ATT boards in style.

Comment

I feel that they're missing out on an opportunity by not naming it the Subatomic Think Tank, but...
                              That's some small-minded humor ;}

Get it? Small.... subatomic... it's funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilliam View Post
                                From what I can see it looks a lot like the old ATT boards in style.
                                Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. It must be the same client. Either way, hooray familiarity and goodbye RA eating posts!

That's some small-minded humor ;}

Get it? Small.... subatomic... it's funny!
                                "Good joke. Everybody laughs. Roll on snare drum. Curtains." :-p
                                Armada Status

Comment

Working...
                                X