Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Wait, what? The little alphabet guy? where?

sweet leaping bejezus.

I was going to say I modified Martin minorly with the extra points, expanded his anatomical separation and even gave him the ability to designate one of his split off body parts as the 'real' him and form his body there (i.e. teleport with medium-own body parts). Not really a combat thing, but I thought it was suitably creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkrite View Post
      I'm just amused by how Herta seems to be viewed significantly different by most characters than she would by, say, Vlad or Lex.
      Around them she was bloodthirsty and possibly psychotic or insane. Around everybody else she seems to be playing the "woe is me" misunderstood victim.
      Herta is insane. Vlad would be one of the first people to point out that she's also insanely full of herself. The idea that people don't recognize her greatness and how she is the best thing to ever happen to that school doesn't sit well with her. Look at what happens when she shows up to save Fiore and Boson from Robor: the first words out of her mouth are basically, "Tell Jack and Kas to suck it." They both dismissed her, so she had to prove them wrong.

When trouble breaks out, Herta isn't fighting for the greater good: she just wants you to realize how good she is.

Or that we've been playing even longer than that.
      Holy smokes this game has been going a while, hasn't it? ;~)
      Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think at this point, we're the longest consecutive running game? Did the Crinoverse stuff start before us?

I believe there was even a time where the game was set in the future.
      The NVA game started around April '06, and was set in September '06. Ten years later, it's... almost 2010?

I have a bad habit of doing this.

And we still have a good section of the original players, and at least three of the original characters. Wild!
      I consider it an honor that so many of you want to keep doing this with me. Seriously, I am humbled by you guys.

And the interesting thing I've noted is that the Kender is meddling. And not in an effort to amuse himself.
      It's been known to happen. Once or twice. Once.

And Flynn hasn't screamed in terror even once yet! ;~)
      EO suggested that Elemenoh should come and teach Dennis and Otso a valuable life lesson next. How much do you think flynn paid him to omit Martin's name?

Originally posted by Horsenhero View Post
      Well you know and I know that plan is going to go t*ts up in a heartbeat. Kas has about as much chance of pushing the Elpis into space as David does.

On the flip side, watching Kas get his ass handed to him as he tries should be amusing.
      I had replies ready to go, but was giving the 720 crew a little bit of room before I thrust them into the heart of it all. Flynn beat me to it, but I was going to go with...

Something struck him suddenly--a member of the Armada who could complicate Magnitude's plans to use his powers to bring down the Elpis... Herzog Kasamir was aboard that ship...

Hot Kas on Kas action can still happen!

Originally posted by flynnarrel View Post
      I was going to say I modified Martin minorly with the extra points, expanded his anatomical separation and even gave him the ability to designate one of his split off body parts as the 'real' him and form his body there (i.e. teleport with medium-own body parts). Not really a combat thing, but I thought it was suitably creepy.
      As in, he has to first be somewhere, leave a piece of himself, and then can return to the spot?

Originally posted by Shock View Post
      On a slight tangent, assuming their survival, Kas may have the pleasure of Violet looking to help fill out the ranks of the volunteers. The way I see it, Gus' admission that he loves his daughter being a superhero is going to have her looking more to play up that aspect of her life. I apologize in advance ;}
      Bonus: Mary hates her daughter being a superhero.

For reference to what David is talking about
      HH gave me the gist of his plans for the INV game eons ago. Still, as the Armada stuff drew closer, I really scratched my head to try and figure out a way that this could somehow be David's fault, fulfilling Rebecca's prophesy that this was the year things changed and how everything sort of swirled around David. In the end, I had nothing, which... is probably for the best. I really couldn't have topped HH's plans.
      Armada Status

Comment

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think at this point, we're the longest consecutive running game? Did the Crinoverse stuff start before us?
        No, Crinos set the Prime Earth number to 409 because he roughly had things codified in April 2009. Or in full throttle. Anyway, you beat him out.

It's been known to happen. Once or twice. Once.
        Like the #91 reverse It's a Wonderful Life where we learn of a future (or parallel Earth) that was worse off since Katie Merrick lived?

EO suggested that Elemenoh should come and teach Dennis and Otso a valuable life lesson next. How much do you think flynn paid him to omit Martin's name?
        My response.
        Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
        Crinoverse - Avengers
        Crinoverse - Young Avengers
        Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
        Crinoverse - Time After Time
        Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
        Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
        Extreme Unction

Comment

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
          Herta is insane. Vlad would be one of the first people to point out that she's also insanely full of herself. The idea that people don't recognize her greatness and how she is the best thing to ever happen to that school doesn't sit well with her. Look at what happens when she shows up to save Fiore and Boson from Robor: the first words out of her mouth are basically, "Tell Jack and Kas to suck it." They both dismissed her, so she had to prove them wrong.

When trouble breaks out, Herta isn't fighting for the greater good: she just wants you to realize how good she is.

I had replies ready to go, but was giving the 720 crew a little bit of room before I thrust them into the heart of it all. Flynn beat me to it, but I was going to go with...

Something struck him suddenly--a member of the Armada who could complicate Magnitude's plans to use his powers to bring down the Elpis... Herzog Kasamir was aboard that ship...

Hot Kas on Kas action can still happen!

HH gave me the gist of his plans for the INV game eons ago. Still, as the Armada stuff drew closer, I really scratched my head to try and figure out a way that this could somehow be David's fault, fulfilling Rebecca's prophesy that this was the year things changed and how everything sort of swirled around David. In the end, I had nothing, which... is probably for the best. I really couldn't have topped HH's plans.
          It's kind of funny because despite her megalomaniacal tendencies, Herta has been one of the most dependable students as far as Kas is concerned. He only came in at the tail end of the Laputa affair, so he hasn't witnessed her at her worst.

Herzog Kasamir is someone Kasimir plans to take care of more or less permanently if he can this time around. We'll see how that works out.

Finally...if things work out I'm hoping to reboot the INV game after this chapter of NVEA finishes up. I think I've got the time to play in a game and run a game. Currently I'm illustrating 2 comics, but only one is planned to be an ongoing gig (the printing deal for my "Valiant" comic is being negotiated...Eric N. Bennett's "Steel Wolf" is a short term thing...or at least that's the current scheme), so I should have enough free time to play and GM.

Unless I catch a bunch more illustrating gigs that is.

Comment

Sweet. Dibs! ;}

Comment

Ditto.

Also HH, Dennis' world wasn't destroyed. Unless you're referring the the reign of terror by the Kurbash crew before Liz popped the New Vindies over.
              Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
              Crinoverse - Avengers
              Extreme Unction

Comment

Do we know if it's been destroyed since Dennis left? The Armada has hit a lot of worlds.

Comment

Do we know if it's been destroyed since Dennis left? The Armada has hit a lot of worlds.
                  The Armada timeline has a listing. It's not one of them.
                  Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                  Crinoverse - Avengers
                  Extreme Unction

Comment

*facepalms* ...when I was gonna have Otso text Kas for transportation, only to realize he was blind and so that wasn't going to work.
                    Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

As in, he has to first be somewhere, leave a piece of himself, and then can return to the spot?
                      or if he sends his hand scuttling somewhere or with another person (the hand-to-bear interactions were hilarious and illustrated the primary problem of Fluxx being subject to multiple area effects where ever a piece of him is). He can send his main body or even just additional parts to that piece of him. It doesn't give him more actions just makes him choose where to put his actions more strategically.

I didn't need that first born

Comment

or if he sends his hand scuttling somewhere or with another person (the hand-to-bear interactions were hilarious and illustrated the primary problem of Fluxx being subject to multiple area effects where ever a piece of him is). He can send his main body or even just additional parts to that piece of him. It doesn't give him more actions just makes him choose where to put his actions more strategically.
                        Yes, that will be sufficiently creepy. ;}

Comment

Yes, that will be sufficiently creepy. ;}
                          Thanks!

Incidently, Ganze threatening to steal Tabitha's baby and Graft it into herself, how evil/demented was that? Not over the top I hope. Also, did anyone expect that Martin Erlenmeyer was buried in Ganze's subconscious? That was the intention from the very beginning and I tried to lay the ground work for it subtly.

Comment

Very demented. In most other games it would be cartoonishly evil but it somehow fits here.

Incidentally I'm going to be gone for the long weekend from tomorrow morning until Monday evening.

Comment

I didn't need that first born
                              Or the goats, or that wife.

Thanks!

Incidently, Ganze threatening to steal Tabitha's baby and Graft it into herself, how evil/demented was that? Not over the top I hope. Also, did anyone expect that Martin Erlenmeyer was buried in Ganze's subconscious? That was the intention from the very beginning and I tried to lay the ground work for it subtly.
                              The only thing I had figured was - before we even started the Armada PC ICs, as Mich can confirm - was that Tabitha was Herta's mom. I was not expecting Maurice Vitesse to be her daddy, or the whole Martin takeover.

Well done to the both of you. In retrospect, the Vitesse is obviously hinted at with the super-speed and the nephews, but I just didn't see it coming.
                              Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                              Crinoverse - Avengers
                              Extreme Unction

Comment

Originally posted by Horsenhero
                                Finally...if things work out I'm hoping to reboot the INV game after this chapter of NVEA finishes up. I think I've got the time to play in a game and run a game. Currently I'm illustrating 2 comics, but only one is planned to be an ongoing gig (the printing deal for my "Valiant" comic is being negotiated...Eric N. Bennett's "Steel Wolf" is a short term thing...or at least that's the current scheme), so I should have enough free time to play and GM.

Unless I catch a bunch more illustrating gigs that is.
                                Dibs too

Comment

Working...
                                X