Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

No new snowfall in Vermont.
    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
    Crinoverse - Avengers
    Crinoverse - Young Avengers
    Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
    Crinoverse - Time After Time
    Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
    Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
    Extreme Unction

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatic One View Post
      So... as per Chekov's Michuru rule, when are we going to be dealing with Dennis 137?
      I have no plans to introduce Dennis-137. Mostly, this was me setting up something else... You'll see in a bit.

Actually, I've done the whole two of the same person thing before. One of the PCs in the Tabula Rasa game isn't native to Oubliette-731--a secret that character's player and I successfully kept from the others for a little over a year. Eventually, his father showed up, looking very nervous. "I, uh... I needed to ask you... it's... Well, my... my son, you see, he... He manifested his abilities, and we--my wife and I... Would it be too awkward to have him enroll here?"

The other players were thinking, "Oh, cool! PC's brother, huh?" Then the kid shows up, looking very similar to him--like, almost identical... Then he's introduced, and they share the same name. That's when the PC finally told them all where he was from: time was broken in his home dimension by the Armada, and the Drifter was nice enough to help him escape to this dimension, where he lives in perpetual fear that they'll show up there soon.

Originally posted by Shock View Post
      Anyone get hit hard by the snow? I was on the outskirts of the storm and only got about 3 inches. Just enough to run the new snow blower ;}
      Not a bit. Illinois has actually had a pretty mild winter, to be honest--not that I'm complaining. I like snow fine, but I usually have to contend with ice, too. It doesn't help that the snow melts off my roof, then freezes on the sidewalk between my house and driveway. Getting to my car always requires succeeding at a DC 15 Dexterity check, and I've easily got a negative modifier there...
      Armada Status

Comment

Originally posted by Michuru81
        The other players were thinking, "Oh, cool! PC's brother, huh?" Then the kid shows up, looking very similar to him--like, almost identical... Then he's introduced, and they share the same name. That's when the PC finally told them all where he was from: time was broken in his home dimension by the Armada, and the Drifter was nice enough to help him escape to this dimension, where he lives in perpetual fear that they'll show up there soon.
        It's funny you say that because, the other day, I went back and re-read this:

She'd shifted three more times since--once, going to a strange world where Australia had risen up and conquered the rest of the world (she'd always thought it was a terrible idea to take society's worse criminals and put them in one place, with no one to watch over them)
        Then, not one scene-ish later, we learn the truth about Pandora. And I thought, Michuru you Magnificent Bastard! Now I have to assume even the slightest line from an NPC might presage the seeds of something bigger.
        Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
        Crinoverse - Avengers
        Extreme Unction

Comment

Now I have to assume even the slightest line from an NPC might presage the seeds of something bigger.
          Yeah, I have a propensity for doing that, actually. Sometimes it backfires on me and shows my hand before the big reveal... I really need to learn to control myself.
          Armada Status

Comment

LOL at Lex. I knew it was coming and I still laughed

Comment

Fluxx helped Mike with his 'problem', right?

Comment

Originally posted by flynnarrel View Post
                Fluxx helped Mike with his 'problem', right?
                Si!
                Armada Status

Comment

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
                  Yeah, I have a propensity for doing that, actually. Sometimes it backfires on me and shows my hand before the big reveal... I really need to learn to control myself.
                  Ironically, I believe you just did that with one of the Dangling Plotlines and the Settings thread. I will not say which to avoid spoilers.
                  Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                  Crinoverse - Avengers
                  Extreme Unction

Comment

Ironically, I believe you just did that with one of the Dangling Plotlines and the Settings thread. I will not say which to avoid spoilers.
                    I was curious if anyone would notice that.
                    Armada Status

Comment

I knew there was no silencing Lex.
                      Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                      Crinoverse - Avengers
                      Extreme Unction

Comment

Lex's eyes bugged out and he blurted, "They cut off his balls?!"
                        He got better

Comment

It just hit me that I have made a terrible mistake: I didn't create an NPC for this game with my all-time favorite power... Duplication.

Imagine if I had had the foresight to create a duplicating character, only to include an evil version of them in the Armada. Now, imagine that said character has absorption healing. In the climactic battle, he receives a bad injury--maybe impaled through the gut. Death is imminent, but he reaches out, takes hold of a dupe, and absorbs it into him. He does not absorb one of his, however, but rather, he absorbs one of his doppelganger's duplicate. Now, in the aftermath of the Armada fight, he has two conflicting minds. There's all of his memories and experiences and all of his doppelgangers.

Suddenly, he starts remembering historical events differently. "Vietnam War? What are you talking about? We never got into Vietnam... What's the Kennedy Assassination?" Maybe some of his doppelganger's morality seeps through, and a formerly nice guy starts acting all evil. Or, even better, a new student joins the school and the duplicator is instinctively distrustful of them. "He's a murderer," he says, remembering the guy as someone from his world, or someone who had joined the Armada, but was killed before they arrived on Oubliette-137.

There is a bevy of story potential right there and I've missed out on it.
                          Armada Status

Comment

Well, there's Jihad but he hasn't been much of a factor

Comment

Originally posted by Shock View Post
                              Well, there's Jihad but he hasn't been much of a factor
                              True. Less story impact of him doing this, too.

I have plans to introduce a pseudo-duplicator as an incoming freshman: Ersatz's power is really just a suped-up Displacement. Ersatz auto-reacts to danger and creates a duplicate to take the hit, immediately pop, and let Ersatz continue unharmed. Given the descriptor, Ersatz does not fulfill the absorption healing need.
                              Armada Status

Comment

Are you holding back on the campsite investigation Mich?
                                Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Working...
                                X