Fox in the Hole (One Shot) OOC Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nowhereman2 View Post
    Massari: You need the complication Criminal: {Crime Committed}. Note that you do not need to believe that it is a crime (or have been arrested... I'll take care of that).
    Alright, I'll get to work on that. I just wanted to make sure the game was still on.

You also have the sense (eyeless perception mental sense) Is this a telepathic sense? How does this sense work?
    It basically functions like normal visual perception, except she can see in a radius and her sight isn't affected by darkness.

Also, you may want to consider moving the game to www.echoesofthemultiverse.com instead. It's not suffering from the same issues plaguing this forum and it seems like much of our players are migrating there.

Comment

I'm considering writing up an occultist type character, someone with an affiliation for spirits. Could make for an interesting criminal.
      I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

Comment

Originally posted by Sriseru View Post
        Alright, I'll get to work on that. I just wanted to make sure the game was still on.

It basically functions like normal visual perception, except she can see in a radius and her sight isn't affected by darkness.

Also, you may want to consider moving the game to www.echoesofthemultiverse.com instead. It's not suffering from the same issues plaguing this forum and it seems like much of our players are migrating there.
        No problem. I get it. I will consider moving there if this site doesn't improve.

Originally posted by [B
        Doctor Malsyn[/B]]I'm considering writing up an occultist type character, someone with an affiliation for spirits. Could make for an interesting criminal.
        Please. That would be fine. I intended there to be four people.
        Last edited by nowhereman2; 2nd May 2019, 06:07 PM.
        Fox in the Hole: GM
        A Call to Adventure: Arcanum

Comment

Okay, I've updated Massari, adding both complications and backstory. :3

Comment

I will leave recruitment open for another week to see if we get one or two more players. Also, I need all players to reply one more time so I can make sure you are still playing. With the forums being like they are, I need to make sure we still have all three.

Comment

I'm still here. :3

Comment

Lurking yes, I'll address your points later today
                [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

I'm still here, waiting to be devious.

Comment

Sorry about the late reply. The forums seem to keep going down every so often. Here is my feedback.

Scylla: You need the complication Criminal: {crime committed}. Even if you didn't intend to commit the crime (or you don't think you are a criminal), there needs to be a crime listed.

Massari: You need the complication Criminal: {Crime Committed}. Note that you do not need to believe that it is a crime (or have been arrested... I'll take care of that).
                    You also have the sense (eyeless perception mental sense) Is this a telepathic sense? How does this sense work?

Hopefully I can access this at home as well so that we can continue to build up to the full game.
                    Complication and crime added!
                    [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

It's looking like Doctor Malsyn isn't going to be joining us. I'm giving him another day, but it looks like we will be starting soon.

Comment

Apologies for my hold up. I'll finish him when I have time tonight/tommorow.

Comment

The Occultist
                          a35379ab6c1fd35ad332da2a2789a904.jpg
                          "Who's ghost am I enslaving today?"
                          PL 8
                          -------------------------------------
                          Abilities: 0+4+6+6+0+8+6+2= 32
                          Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 3, Dexterity 4
                          Fighting 0, Intellect 4, Awareness 3, Presence 1

Advantages 5
                          (Extra Limbs) Improved Grab, Benefit (Ambidexterity), Assessment, Fast Grab, Ritualist, Contacts

Skills 15/30
                          • Acrobatics (+3)
                          • Athletics (+0)
                          • Deception (+1)
                          • Expertise: Occult 5 (+9)
                          • Insight 5 (+8)
                          • Intimidation (+1)
                          • Investigation 5 (+9)
                          • Perception 5 (+8)
                          • Persuasion (+1)
                          • Sleight of Hand 5 (+9)
                          • Stealth 5 (+8)
                          • Technology (+4)
                          • Treatment (+4)
                          • Vehicles (+4)

Powers 8+7+1+41+4=61
                          • ​​​​​​Spiritually Sensitive: Senses 4 (Accurate Radial Spiritual Awareness )Comprehend Spirits 2 8
                          • Ethereal Protection: Sustained Protection 7, Alternate Effect 1 7+1
                          • ..(Alt) Phantom Limbs: Sustained Projection Extra Limbs 2 ; Movement 1 (Permeation) Limited to Phantom Limbs
                          • Spectral Surveillance: No Conduit Simultaneous Remote Sensing 10 (4 Miles), Subtle 1 (Spectral Sense) (Visual, Audial), Alternate Affect 1, Dynamic Alternate Affect 2 41+5 (4/r+1)
                          • ..(Alt) Enslave The Restless: Subtle (Spiritual Senses), Insidious, Perception Ranged Area, Affects Insubstantial 2 (Full Effect) Limited Degree (2nd, 3rd) Area Affliction 8 (Compelled, Controlled ) Limited to Undead (3/r+4)
                          • ..(Dyn) Poltergeist: Continuous Perception Damaging Move Object 7, Indirect 4, Precise, Throwing Mastery 1 (5/r+6)
                          • ..(Dyn) Wraith's Wail: Perception Ranged Cone Area Affliction 7 (Vulnerable, Defenseless, Incapacitated), Sense Dependent (Hearing); Linked with Perception ranged Cone Area Incurable Weaken Stamina 6, Sense Dependent (Hearing)(3/r+3/r)
                          Offense
                          Initiative: +3
                          Unarmed: +0/ DC 15
                          Poltergeist: DC 23 Throw/Strike/Damage | DC 18 Grab | +8 Disarm/Trip
                          Wraith's Wail:{Sense Dependent: Hearing} 60ft. Cone DC 17 (Will) Affliction (Vulnerable, Defenseless, Incapacitated) + 60ft. Cone DC 16 Weaken Stamina (Fortitude)

Defense 4+7+5+6=22
                          Dodge 4 (+7), Parry 7 (+7), Fortitude 5 (+7), Toughness 7* (+9), Will 6 (+9)

Power Points
                          Abilities 32 + Powers 61 + Advantages 5 + Skills 15 ( 30 ranks) + Defenses 22 = 135/135

Name: Vincent Katz
                          Height + Weight: 5'6, 160 lbs.
                          Ethnicity/Nationality: Germanic, American
                          Distinguishing Characteristics: Round glasses, Pale green glow in his eyes
                          Languages: English

Biography:

When he witnessed his best friend get impaled by a chunk of rebar during a villain attack, something inside of him clicked into place. It was only when the paramedics were wheeling away his body that Vincent realized just what that something was, as they left something behind. Theodore's freshly borne spirit. Gaining the ability to see the dead after watching someone die right in front of you. Part of him felt it to be somewhat cliche, in a morbid sense at least.

It was a blessing in disguise, perhaps. Through the efforts of his deceased friend and his newly awakened spiritual awareness the young man quickly started making a name for himself as a popular spiritualist online until he was eventually signed on to host a new television series. It was popular, at least at first, before the magic started to die down and his fame threatened to peter out. Exorcisms weren't always a flashy spectacle after all, at least not to the living. It was here he had an idea of how to make things more interesting. Theodore made for the perfect partner in crime, actively using his abilities as a ghost to make the show see much more dramatic and entertaining. Even when there was no ghost involved at all.

When Vincent was approached by his partner with a request to help him finally move on, he became enraged, and lashed out at his the spirit, enslaving him instead so that he could continue to exploit him. He learned to do this with other ghosts as well, adding more and more to create a highly rated spectacle of a show. Until things became too much, until the spirits under his command became too restless, and vied for freedom however they could. Their salvation and the end to Vincent's time as a celebrity came with the famed psychic Reigen, who during a joint-special on live television revealed to the world just what a fraud the so called great spiritualist really was when he saved him from dying at the hands of a far more dangerous malicious spirit.

The experience left him defamed, cursed, and penniless. And in the midst of his misery, a thought occurred to him about the concept of mortality. What would have to fear about death, if he was already dead himself? He was already a strong spiritualist on his own, having acquainted with the dead for several years by that point. Who's to say that he couldn't become an even more powerful lingering spirit if he found the right method? This may have been the end of his time as a celebrity, but it was also the beginning of his career as a criminal in the pursuit of darker knowledge.

Not all of the spirits he held under his sway were yet fully freed, still intimately bound to his soul that he could continue to exploit and continue to achieve his initial goals of stardom along the way, perhaps now in the criminal world instead of the public eye. So he did. Using his control over the spiritual to this time act as the perfect thief, using ghosts to carry out his crimes while he remained out of harm's way. Paintings, sculptures, jewelry, priceless heirlooms, old books, artifacts, everything he could use to help fund his research into life after death.

Like always, it was going perfectly. Like always, it was doomed to fail.

Complications
                          Motivation; Fame: It's been a goal of his since he was young to make his name known, recognized. Feared if it had to be, it didn't matter as long as he was written down in the history books for years to come.
                          Immortality through Death: To become unbound by the chains of time and circumstance is what it means to become immortal. As such, the methods of obtaining this goal are many. Who's to say that a ghost is not an immortal, just because their body ceased to house their spirit? While he may desire fame, his true goal is to become a powerful spirit to survive the tests of time.
                          Crime; Thievery: By exploiting his sway over the dead, Vincent made a new name for himself as the infamous thief Poltergeist.
                          Slave-Driver: Though he only holds tangible sway over the spiritual, he sees little difference between commanding a person and controlling a spirit.
                          Astigmatism: Vincent requires his glasses to see. Without them he becomes virtually blind, seeing the world in various blobby shapes and colors.
                          The Once Great Spiritualist: The world once knew him as a celebrity medium who would often visit famous locations and have himself filmed performing exorcisms, In reality, he would control the spirits in order to make television series seem more dramatic and thus inflate it's popularity. When the truth was brought to light, his image was forever tarnished and he was viewed as showboating fraudster.
                          Chained to my Soul: While Vincent can bring almost any spirit under his sway, he has a handful that have become intimately entwined with his own soul. Theodore Kent, his friend who died at the age of seventeen. Anna Fahrney, a young girl who died in the early colonial era of America. The Hangman, a malicious wandering spirit he was never able to fully exorcise. Lady in White, a woman who committed suicide off a famous bridge in the the fifties. These are the spirits he calls upon when he performs his various abilities.
                          Last edited by Doctor Malsyn; 12th May 2019, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Malsyn View Post
                            The Occultist
                            a35379ab6c1fd35ad332da2a2789a904.jpg
                            "Who's ghost am I enslaving today?"
                            PL 8
                            Abilities: 0+4+6+6+0+8+6+2= 32
                            Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 3, Dexterity 4
                            Fighting 0, Intellect 4, Awareness 3, Presence 1

Advantages 5
                            (Extra Limbs) Improved Grab, Benefit (Ambidexterity), Assessment, Fast Grab, Ritualist, Contacts

Skills 15/30
                            • Acrobatics (+3)
                            • Athletics (+0)
                            • Deception (+1)
                            • Expertise: Occult 5 (+9)
                            • Insight 5 (+8)
                            • Intimidation (+1)
                            • Investigation 5 (+9)
                            • Perception 5 (+8)
                            • Persuasion (+1)
                            • Sleight of Hand 5 (+9)
                            • Stealth 5 (+3)
                            • Technology (+4)
                            • Treatment (+4)
                            • Vehicles (+4)

Powers 4+5+7+41+4=61
                            • Spiritual Sensitive: Comprehend Spirits 2 [i]4[/i
                            • Phantom Limbs: Sustained Projection Extra Limbs 2 ; Movement 1 (Permeation) Limited to Phantom Limbs 5
                            • Ethereal Protection: Sustained Protection 7 7
                            • Spectral Surveillance: No Conduit Simultaneous Remote Sensing 10 (4 Miles), Subtle 1 (Spectral Sense) (Visual, Audial), Dynamic Alternate Affect 2 41+4 (4/r+1)
                            • ..(Dyn)Poltergeist: Continuous Perception Damaging Move Object 7, Indirect 4, Precise, Throwing Mastery 1[i] (5/r+6)[i]
                            • ..(Dyn)Wraith's Wail: Perception Ranged Cone Area Affliction 7 (Vulnerable, Defenseless, Incapacitated), Sense Dependent (Hearing); Linked with Perception ranged Cone Area Incurable Weaken Stamina 6, Sense Dependent (Hearing)(3/r+3/r)

Offense
                            Initiative: +3
                            Unarmed: +0/ DC 15
                            Poltergeist: DC 23 Throw/Strike/Damage | DC 18 Grab | +8 Disarm/Trip
                            Wraith's Wail:{Sense Dependent: Hearing} 60ft. Cone DC 17 (Will) Affliction (Vulnerable, Defenseless, Incapacitated) + 60ft. Cone DC 16 Weaken Stamina (Fortitude)

Defense 4+7+5+6=22
                            Dodge 4 (+7), Parry 7 (+7), Fortitude 5 (+7), Toughness 7* (+9), Will 6 (+9)

Power Points
                            Abilities 32 + Powers 61 + Advantages 5 + Skills 15 ( 30 ranks) + Defenses 22 = 135/135

Name: Vincent Katz
                            Height + Weight: 5'6, 160 lbs.
                            Ethnicity/Nationality: Germanic, American
                            Distinguishing Characteristics: Round glasses, Pale green glow in his eyes
                            Languages: English

Biography:

Vincent Katz, spiritualist extraordinaire, master of the immaterial and accredited with over one exorcising hundred high-profile haunting. This was what the world once saw him as, at least. When they learned the truth of his secret identity as the criminal mastermind Poltergeist, all that hard-fought fame crumbled to dust.

Complications
                            Motivation: Fame Brought Immortality It's been an obsession since he was young to make his name known, recognized. Feared if it had to be, it didn't matter as long as he was written down int he history books for years to come. The more he is known and recognized, the stronger a chance he has to remain after his death.
                            Crime: Thievery By exploiting his sway over the dead, Vincent made a name for himself as the infamous thief Poltergeist.
                            Slave-Driver Though he only holds tangible sway over the spiritual, he sees little difference between commanding a person and controlling a spirit.
                            Astigmatism: Vincent requires his glasses to see. Without them he becomes virtually blind, seeing the world in various blobby shapes and colors.
                            The Once Great Spiritualist: While he performed crimes in secret, the world at large knew him as a spiritualist who specialized in televised exorcisms. When his crimes were brought to light, his image was forever tarnished and he was viewed as showboating fraudster.

I like this character. I would like a little more information on backstory. Specifically:
                            • How was your character outed as a scam artist?
                            • Who are these ghosts that you have enslaved? (Names, personality, etc...)
                            • Unlike everyone else, you haven't been arrested. If you were to be arrested at, say, the very beginning of the game, what would it be for? If you want, I can make something up. I assume you would like a chance to make a choice.

Comment

Alright, take another look then! I've addressed a few of the things you've said I believe, as well as shoveling some points around. Gave him a radial spirit sense, adjusted Phantom Limbs as an alt effect of his Ethereal Protection- I imagine that being a situational out of combat ability anyway. I've also added a way to directly control spirits as well, for if it actual comes up. Otherwise, his more combative effects are as a result of his enslaved spirits.

As for the not being arrested part... were you saying that as I hadn't addressed it specifically? I don't mind if you want to come up with how it specifically happened. I imagine it was some occult based hero to counter him though.

Comment

This is good. I will start the two threads in the next two days.

Comment

Working...
                                X