AA: Gulf Coast Guardians: The Reboot [MOVED]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3e OOC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians: The Reboot [MOVED]

This is NOT a recruiting thread. All of the players for this game have been selected.

United Petroleum sponsors Gulf Coast Superteam

After a major oil disaster Gulf of Mexico was averted by vacationing superheroes, United Petroleum has put forth the money to sponsor the first major super-hero team in the Gulf Coast region.

CEO Gary Sanzel had this to say at the press conference, "The East Coast has the Freedom League and the West Coast has the Champions. It is time the Gulf Coast region has its own superteam. In addition to our continued efforts to clean up the area and rebuild business, United Petroleum is proud to announce an independent super-team which we will fund, but not have any oversight."

Construction on the new team's base, dubbed the Guardhouse has already begun east of New Orleans, in Thibodaux. Tryouts will take place Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans, and Tampa. So to all you superheroes out there, dust off your tights, iron your capes, and grab your utility belts.
    Game overview: PL10/150pp, Standard four color superhero story with hints of grey. Main stories will be separate by interludes. Interludes should be considered the PCs individual comic book while the main stories will be the team comic book. Interludes will be diceless and PCs will be partially responsible for generating the stories in the interludes.

Cast
    -Gilliam
    -Kreuzritter
    -MrDent
    -Sakuro
    -Stavaros
    -Ysariel

Guardhouse (17ep)
    Size: Large Toughness: 12
    Features: Communications, Computer, Garage, Gym, Hangar, Infirmary,
    Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System

Guardians V-TOL (43ep)
    Size: Gargantuan STR 12 SPEED 10 (air) DEF 3 TOU 11
    Features: Navigation System (+5 to checks), Senses 10 (Darkvision,
    Direction Sense, Radar (Accurate Radius Radio, Extended 2))
    Last edited by kenseido; 05-02-2019, 09:08 PM.
    [HR][/HR][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/60-Kenseido-s-Menagerie"]Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters[/URL]

Re: AA: Gulf Coast Guardians: The Reboot

I wanted to get this going to give all of you a chance to work out your characters.

It is my intention to wait until Disaster Day ends, but if everyone is ready before then, I may move ahead to keep the momentum flowing.
    [HR][/HR][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/60-Kenseido-s-Menagerie"]Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters[/URL]

Comment

Juno Faircraft, Tomb Puncher

PL 10 (150)

Abilities (40)
      STR 12 AGI 4 FIT 4 AWA 2
      STA 12 DEX 0 INT 0 PRE 2

Powers (60)
      eye of the peacock: senses +2 (radius sight) (2)
      feats of strength: array off of STR damage (3)
      - bullet toss: Damage +6 (extra: range +1, quirk: requires object to throw) [11]
      - groundstrike: Affliction +8 (dazed & vulnerable/stunned & defenseless, dodge resists, extras: extra condition +1, line area +1, flaws: instant recovery -1, limited-targets and juno must be on same surface -1, limited degree -1, linked: damage +8 [extra: line area +1, flaw: limited-targets and juno must be on same surface -1) [12]
      - tomb puncher: burrowing +5 (extra: penetrating +1) [10]
      glory to Hera: enhanced STR +8, Enhanced STA +8, impervious TOU +12 (44)
      swift as the wind: leaping +2, speed +4 (6)
      world traveller: comprehend +3 (understand/speak/read languages) (5)

Advantages (10)
      contacts, fast grab, improved initiative, interpose, move-by action, takedown 2, ultimate strength, uncanny dodge, well-informed

Skills (26/52)
      close combat: unarmed +4
      expertise: occult +6
      Expertise: treasure hunter +8
      insight +6
      investigation +8
      perception +6
      persuasion +6
      ranged combat: thrown +8

Defenses (14)
      TOU +12 DODGE +8 FORT +12 PARRY +8 WILL +8

complications
      I charge extra for evil: a number of Juno's clients wind up wanting to use treasures for evil purposes
      It's an expensive sport: Juno is often hired to seek out lost, fabled, priceless and frequently cursed relics for her patrons
      Literal godmother: Juno's godmother is Hera, Queen of Olympus, and thus in addition to doing her favors, Juno gets caught up in Olympian melodrama
      motivation - adventure: Juno is a thrill seeking, globe trotting adventurer
      tomb puncher: Juno often takes a... direct approach to puzzle-solving. this has not made her friends in the puzzle-oriented adventure archeology circles
      true love: Juno wants nothing more than to re-unite her mothers

Total
      abilities 40 + powers 60 + advantages 10 + skills 26/52 + defenses 14 = 150

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful young heiress, who made her name as an archeologist, explorer and treasure hunter.

Once upon a time, there was a mighty amazon, whose wondrous strength made her a superhero when she strode from her mythic homeland into the world of today

And finally, once upon a time, these two woman went on a grand adventure together, where they not only became the fastest and closest of friends, but claimed the greatest of treasures: Love.

So great was their love that when the Amazon beseeched Hera, the all-powerful queen of Olympus itself, to confirm their union, Hera blessed these women with a child of their own, whom they gave the roman name of her godmother

And while they were happy for a time, eventually tragedy struck, the amazon pulled back into her realm of myth and legend, breaking her family's hearts

but now Juno is grown up, having established herself as an adventurer and treasure hunter in her own right, and her strength equally herculean. these days, Juno turns her attention towards superheroics, but hasn't forgotten her dream to one day reunite her mothers

build is short 6 points so that I can fine-tune as the other characters go up
      Last edited by Kreuzritter; 04-17-2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone. Thank you Kenseido for organizing this game for us.

I am considering two concepts. The first is a shaman-like object empath. They would be a melee weapon wielder with some spiritual awareness. The other is winged, has empathic healing, and would be more likely to support or set-up their teammates rather than be a heavy hitter themselves. Haven't settled on one or the other yet, but I wanted to let all of you know where my thoughts are for a character concept.
        Last edited by Sakuro; 04-12-2019, 01:47 AM.
        Roll Call thread: [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/54-Character-Cache?p=211&viewfull=1#post211]Character Cache[/url]

Comment

Not sure what I am going to go with yet. I won't have time to really hash out a character for a week or so mechanicly, but I am good with most characters power profile wise to compliment the group.
          [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

I am thinking of trying out a water elemental build.

Comment

I became inspired after looking at Thorpocalyse's Warren Worthington builds and decided to work on the winged empathic healer. He's a former slave warrior for some dimensional conqurer. I do not know the Freedom City setting well enough to know any other than the guy from the Terminus, whose name escapes me at the moment. In any case, the character has some inherent "winged humanoid" racial traits, but he is also a mutant among his people. His mutation allows him physical and mental empathic connections. In addition to this he is able to bolster his flight speed and create energetic discharges from his physical blows.

In the air he is meant to be quite capible. When forced into confined spaces or onto the ground he is more awkward. "Motivate" is meant to be an expression of his ability to inspire and uplift allies. I could alternatively take the Leadership Advantage for this. I gave him the Favored Environment Advantage, though I am not sure if "Flying" or "Open Spaces" would be better.

SKY GUARD(Ven-fallin il Tar)

PL: 10 PP: 150

ABILITIES: STR 4 STA 5 DEX 2 AGI 6 FGT 10 INT 1 AWR 4 PRE 5

DEFENSES:
              Dodge +11 (+13 when flying) [DC21/23] Parry +11 (+13 when flying) [DC21/23]
              Toughness +5 (+7 with Defensive Roll when flying), Fortitude +8, Will +8

OFFENSE:
              Initiative +6 (+10 when flying)
              Close Attack +13 [Unarmed DC 19 Tough ; Empathic Give and Take DC 22 Tough]
              Ranged Attack +2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+9/+15) [Agile Feint], Athletics 2 (+6/+12), Deception 1(+6/+8) [Attractive], Expertise [Musician - Singer] 6 (+11), Insight 8(+12), Intimidation (+5), Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion 7 (+12/+14) [Attractive], Stealth 2 (+8), Vehicles 2 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Agile Feint, Attractive 1, Close Attack 3, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Diehard, Fascinate 1 (Persuasion), Favored Environment (Flying), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Redirect, Set-Up 1, Takedown 2, Teamwork

POWERS:
              AERIAL MASTERY
              Enhanced Dodge 2 [Flaw: Limited to "when flying" (-1/r)] * 1 PP
              Enhanced Parry 2 [Flaw: Limited to "when flying" (-1/r)] * 1 PP
              Enhanced Skills 12 [Acrobatics 6 ranks, Athletics 6 ranks ; Flaw: Limited to "when flying" (-1/r)] * 4 PP
              Enhanced Advantages 10 [Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Redirect, Takedown 2 ; Flaw: Limited to "when flying" (-1/r)] * 5 PP

AVIAN WINGS
              Flight 6 [120 mph/1,800 fpr; Flaw: Winged (-1/r)] * 6 PP
              AE- Flight 12 [9,600 mph/16 mpr; Flaw: Winged (-1/r), Distracting (-1/r)] * 1 PP

AVIAN PHYSIOLOGY
              Senses 1 [Extended Normal Vision] * 1 PP
              Immunity 1 [High Pressure] * 1 PP
              Movement 1 [Environmental Adaptation (High Altitude)] * 2 PP
              Regeneration 5 [1/every 2 rounds] * 5 PP

EMPATHIC GIVE AND TAKE
              Healing 10 [Flaw: Limited to "others only" (-1/r), Empathic (-1/r)] * 5 PP
              AE - Strength Based Damage 3 [Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2] * 1 PP
              AE - Mind Reading 10 [Extras: Cumulative (+1/r) ; Flaws: Close (-2/r), Feedback (-1/r)] * 1 PP

MOTIVATE
              Luck Control 1 [Use HP on another's behalf ; Flaw: Move Action (-2/r)] * 1 PP

EQUIPMENT:

COMPLICATIONS:
              Extra-Dimensional Invader - Sky Guard came to this world as a conscript in the army of one of the would be world conquers that have invaded in the past. To those forces he may be seen as a traitor, deserter, or someone to be brought back into the ranks once more. To the people of Earth, those that know of his past may see him as a threat or infiltrator.

Motivation (Redemption) - During the attack on Earth, and other worlds, Sky Guard enacted great wrongs and performed horrible acts that he feels can never be forgiven. Now that he is free of his former oppressor he strives to make up for all the evil he has brought into the world.

Abilities 74 + Skills 18 + Advantages 10 + Powers 35 + Defenses 13 = 150/150

BACKGROUND:
              Ven was not always a warrior. He was born on primitive world in some unimportant dimension. His parents were farmers and, in his time, he became a storyteller and musician. The Enemy came. A conquer of worlds that for their own unknowable reasons set their sights on Ven's homeworld and swallowed it up. Eventually Ven, along with a number of his people, were pressed into the military of their oppressor and forced to wage war on other worlds. In this state of conflict Ven came to notice a mutation in himself that others of his people did not posses. While over time Ven became a formidable combatant, he was never more than a warrior-thrall. Fodder for the war machine.

In time war brought Ven to Earth. There the host he was part of was repelled. Shattered. Ven saw an opportunity to escape and took it. While the rest of the invaders retreated Ven hid on Earth. Only poking his head out once it seemed his comrades and oppressors were gone from the world. Discovering Earth had developed a tradition of civilian heroes, Ven saw it as an opportunity to gain acceptance and do some good to counter-balance all the wrongs he had done. Then, some time later, he learned of a group of such people gathering together in the Gulf Coast. It seemed like a sign from the cosmos.
              Roll Call thread: [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/54-Character-Cache?p=211&viewfull=1#post211]Character Cache[/url]

Comment

posted an incomplete version of Juno's stats

Comment

I have a couple of concepts I'm considering, I think I have it mostly narrowed down to two. Mage-knight hero or Symbiotic living weapon (think somewhere between Venom and Witchblade).

It'll take a little while to hammer out a character sheet once I've picked the concept.

Comment

I'm trying with a couple ideas.

First a weather controller raised by a single mum who always said his dad was a god. He thought it was a lie to make him feel good until he started manifesting weather controller powers.

Second a guy with portal access to another dimension he can teleport through, trap things in for a short time, and pull in creatures for attacks. It would be his native dimension he was born in and brought to the games dimension at an early age.

Third, some sort of psychic who would be a legacy of small time hero parents.
                    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

I like all the suggestions so far.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdent12 View Post
                        I'm trying with a couple ideas.

First a weather controller raised by a single mum who always said his dad was a god. He thought it was a lie to make him feel good until he started manifesting weather controller powers.

Second a guy with portal access to another dimension he can teleport through, trap things in for a short time, and pull in creatures for attacks. It would be his native dimension he was born in and brought to the games dimension at an early age.

Third, some sort of psychic who would be a legacy of small time hero parents.
                        I like the third option, if it helps.. given one of Juno's moms was a superheroine herself, they might actually know other

Comment

Decided I'm going with the magic user Hero. I have an image and a name for her so far, but I need to hammer out a background and character sheet before I post too much.

Coming soon: Magic Hero Arca-Knight!

Comment

Flying back(24+ hours including lay overs...) early tomorrow so should be able to get a complete sheet up Monday night or so pst.

The idea is a weather controller who is the son of a "god", some powerful weather controller from another dimension, and a human man. His mum left him in the care of his father who raised him well enough always telling him that hes a god so he should act like a strong and merciful one. He did the usual rebellion kids go through and just thought his dad had a one night stand and got stuck with the kid somehow until one day in his early 20's his powers started manifesting. Before than, he had always been stronger and faster than other kids, but he took it as good genes or something. He started to believe his dad when he could literally control the weather. Weather being what it is took him a couple years to get right in terms of controlling it, but when he did he joined up to the hero team on the gulf coast.

Comment

I am officially moving this game over to Echoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X