Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In the Shadow of Imperator: Extended Interludes

Thursdays 31, January 2019; Evening - A Cure for Hitori

A dark eyebrow raises questioningly when Levi begs for his brain and mind to be spared.

"Your brain is the only useful aspect of your person. No. I will put it to better use than you ever could. Now … goodbye Dr. Kripke."

There was something definitive about that goodbye. It signaled the end of Levi Kripke. A death sentence. Dr. Sokolov raised his hands and his fingers began to move through the air. In response the mechanical arms raised like puppets. Craning over Levi's restrained form he jabbed needles between sections of his brain tissue, injecting chemical and sending electrical currents through the vulnerable organ.

Looking up Levi was able to watch as this occurred. In the mirrored ceiling he could see it all. As he watched, his memory began to fade. As though his mind were flayed by the chemical treatment and disrupting currents of electricity that assaulted his brain. Recent events in Hadron City were gone. His family stripped. His education, his youth … all gone. There was nothing left of Levi Kripke and when there was nothing left … he experienced nothing.

Friday 1, Febuary 2019; Morning - A Cure for Hitori

Hitori waited in front of the elevator. Hours passed. The evening lapsed and Dr. Kripke still had not returned. So Hitori retired for the night, deciding retire and rest for the next day. Sleep was easier than it had been in the previous days. He had eaten two youths hours ago, and though the hunger remained, it was reduced to a tolerable background pang rather than desperate need. After performing his morning routine Hitori decides it is best to keep himself fed, rather than starve himself and risk loosing control. On his way out to hunt the Under City depths for suitable sustenance he sees Levi's body sprawled out on the floor in front of the elevator.

Flashing back to the night of the 31st we see Dr. Sokolov performing his machine assisted surgery on Levi. After the needles play their chemicals and electrical shocks they retract. Specialized limbs move in and set about extracting the brain from the body. With motions from Sokolov's hands the brain is carefully maneuvered over to half of a container, shaped like the lower half of a brain. Levi's thinking organ is set into it, a matching top is soon placed over the container. Tubes are connected to this upper segment, and once in place a blue fluid moves through these thin tubes to fill the empty spaced within the container, supporting and suspending the brain within it. Afterwards the tubes pull away, and in their place are chrome colored connecters.

With this process completed Dr. Sokolov steps away from the corpse on the surgical table and over to the tray where Levi's brain rests in it's container, the fluid suspension making it turn blue. The mad scientist takes the brain into his hands and studies it and the container. While studying it he turns slowly to another table a couple meters away where we see a humanoid shaped form masked in shadow.

"... better than you ever could."

Sokolov lowers his hands to the back of an opened head that exposes a metallic interior, and inserts the brain into it's new home.

Originally posted by OOC
    I will let you get up a post responding to Levi's "death" before we continue. I will also be making a post in the OOC thread with some information for you.
    Last edited by Sakuro; 12th April 2019, 09:26 PM.
    Roll Call thread: [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/54-Character-Cache?p=211&viewfull=1#post211]Character Cache[/url]

Comment

Diego Gonzalez
      HP: 0
      CND: -3 toughness, dazed for current turn

Tuesday 29 to Wednesday 30, January 2019 - Search for a Generation

Out numbered, out gunned and facing people who clearly wouldn't listen to reason, Diego didn't see an alternative when one of the close attackers hit him hard. He didn't want to die this day and wasn't one to make stands against tough odds. Instead, he eyed for the nearest dark spot and made a mad dash for it with all his strength which was starting to wear thin. Maybe he would have a chance there. In a way, he always operated in the darkness with his cover shadowing who he was. Now the literal darkness had to protect him if possible to at least give him a chance.

OOC
      Toughness 13
      Athletics 14, eh don't think its enough
      [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

Discordant shouts follow Diego as he attempts to flee the hostile force that looks like something out of a post-apocalyptic road warrior movie. Their garb a weird mix of practical and impractical. Tribal design of urban materials.

"Get back here runt!"

"I'm gonna to wear your face!"

"That gun is mine!"

Gunshots follow the yelling voices. Hot on his heels Diego continues to find himself battered by the close range assailants who remain uninjured. He feels hands trying to grab him amidst the blows aimed at him and while no firm hold is maintained an axe bites into his shoulder.
        Originally posted by OOC
        As Diego is Dazed, he only has a Standard Action for the round. Using Athletics for +1 to your running speed requires a DC 15. As such Diego is not able to move any faster. The Ambushers are able to keep pace and attack him.

I will say that if you manage to make the DC 15 Athletics check in a following round you will be able to move far enough out of sight for long enough to make a Stealth check. Though once their turn comes around they will be able to move into range again and if they make a Perceptions check, will be able to continue attacking Diego.

One of the melee combatants hits Diego. That is another DC 19 Toughness check.
        Roll Call thread: [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/54-Character-Cache?p=211&viewfull=1#post211]Character Cache[/url]

Comment

Diego Gonzalez
          CND: -4 toughness

Umph. These guys really don't give up. He had been in some tough spots, but now was pretty bad. Still, he had a mission. His life had been dedicated to Imperators cause and now on the verge of getting abilities that would further the cause he wasn't going to die. He refused to die. Every fiber of his being screamed to keep fighting and hiding. "Imperator built this place for his grand city and you ruin it with your craziness. You do know you sound crazy right? Our enemy should be Stronghold not each other.", says Diego trying in vain to convince them to stop.

Lifting his rifle, he aims it at one of the close range attackers and lets out a shot intent to kill him. If words wouldn't work, bullets would need to suffice. After firing, he takes off for the darkness again in hopes of getting away.

OOC
          Toughness 14
          Athletics 18, Stealth 9
          Taking 10 on one of the melee guys if still can do a standard action. If can't please ignore the flavor text for shooting.
          [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

Iona
            HP:0
            Cnd: Normal
            PP:0

Originally posted by Sakuro View Post

Flashing back to the night of the 31st we see Dr. Sokolov performing his machine assisted surgery on Levi. After the needles play their chemicals and electrical shocks they retract. Specialized limbs move in and set about extracting the brain from the body. With motions from Sokolov's hands the brain is carefully maneuvered over to half of a container, shaped like the lower half of a brain. Levi's thinking organ is set into it, a matching top is soon placed over the container. Tubes are connected to this upper segment, and once in place a blue fluid moves through these thin tubes to fill the empty spaced within the container, supporting and suspending the brain within it. Afterwards the tubes pull away, and in their place are chrome colored connecters.

With this process completed Dr. Sokolov steps away from the corpse on the surgical table and over to the tray where Levi's brain rests in it's container, the fluid suspension making it turn blue. The mad scientist takes the brain into his hands and studies it and the container. While studying it he turns slowly to another table a couple meters away where we see a humanoid shaped form masked in shadow.

"... better than you ever could."

Sokolov lowers his hands to the back of an opened head that exposes a metallic interior, and inserts the brain into it's new home.
            Silence. Then from the black nothingness of unconsciousness the subject awakes.

Her eyes open, peering up at the mirrored ceiling. Who is that? In the mirror...is that...me?

For several minutes the young woman lies flat on the surgical table. All the while her eyes focused on the mirror above her, studying herself from head to toe. "Have...have I been ill?"

She sits upright on the table and with her dainty hands feels her head, cheeks, and neck. Besides a slight headache, I don't feel sick. Why am I here?

Her head cranes in order to see the surgeon complete with lab coat and reflective glasses. "I?....you?..." she mumbles unsure of which question she wants to ask first. So much confusion. Why can't I think straight?

Finally in utter desperation she says the only thing that makes sense. "I'm lost. Can you help me?"

OOC: I assume that Levi's HPs do not transfer over to Iona, so I reset to zero.
            Last edited by Supernaturalist; 12th April 2019, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Diego sprints up ahead and rounds a corner fast enough to break line of sight with his pursuers. The best option he finds to conceal himself with is a broken board that somehow found it's way to this stretch of tunnel. Sliding between it and the tunnel wall he holds still and waits, hoping the crazy tunnel people do not notice him. Then he hears a voice.

"There he is!"

… followed by ...

"Get 'im!"

There is some intelligible shouting. Amidst which he can make out the words:

"… eat your spleen!"

The fleet-footed spy is able to push aside the board and tries to muster a defense against the attack that he knows is coming. He snaps off a shot at one of the on rushing combatants. It hits and they stagger a step before faltering and falling forward on their face. But there are two more that keep coming, and behind them are another two who continue shooting at Diego. The two people with axes rush at him like berserkers, roaring like beasts as they bring their weapons to bear on Diego.

Originally posted by OOC
              Diego is dealing with people who live in a dark and hostile environment. The 9 on Stealth is not going to be enough to beat their Perception checks.

Diego hits his target. The melee ambusher goes down. 4 remain.

The two remaining melee Ambushers both land their attacks against Diego. You are fortunate that Minions cannot crit against non-Minions because they both rolled 20's. That's still 2 DC 19 checks.

Friday 1, Febuary 2019; Morning - Rebirth

Iona finds herself in a pristine white room edges in chrome and above her is a mirrored ceiling. The room is occupied with tables, like the one she is one, and equipment that make this place feel like a blending between surgery room and fabrication facility for machines. There is a man in the room with her, standing a pace or two away from the table she is on. He watches her, silently observing her as she wakes and absorbs her situation. After she addresses him he finally speaks. His tone soothing.

"You are not lost. Nor are you ill. You are new born."

Raising a hand he motions inwardly to himself to draw attention there.

"I am Dr. Zory Sokolov. Your creator."

After this introduction the doctor goes quiet again. He watches to see how Ion reacts to this information before moving on, his head turning as he takes in different aspects of the woman's movements.

"Tell me, how do you feel? Are you experiencing any motor or sensory impairment?"

Originally posted by OOC
              Go ahead and keep the HP that Levi earned. We are also moving ahead to the next day. The procedure would have taken some time before Iona was ready to be woke.

Comment

Diego Gonzalez
                CND: ????

Even the most fervent of followers fail. Diego felt the blade and that was it. All hopes of bringing about a utopia, bringing down Stronghold, or even living past the day vanquished. In classic fashion though, Diego got one more jab in before fading away into the black. "I hope you choke on me. You are nothing more than puppets...", coughed out Diego between blood gushing out of him. "of Stronghold if you can't see past your own hunger and doing their work for them. Imperators vision...", gets out of Diegos mouth just barely as his vision goes and body starts failing. "would be wasted on you.", finishes Diego with the last of his strength expended.

With an echoing sound, his body falls limp onto the ground with his grip on his rifle failing as it falls as well. The once dedicated man who lived two lives now barely had one.

OOC
                For the stealth, I figured a 9 was too low, but a bloke can dream of surviving a miscalculation.
                Toughness 3, 19, Diego is down for the count and lunch for the cannibals now.
                Given the amount of warnings provided, I am fine with any course of action you decide take as a result of Diego losing horribly.

Comment

Wednesday 30, January 2019 - Search for a Generation

Diego's vision began to fade. He watched as an axe head descended on him. It stops. The man holding the axe jerks. A red hole appears in his chest. He slumps over. Diego's vision blurs. The world slows down. Everything begins to feel distant and sounds become quieter. Around him people are dying. He is dying.

What Diego does not have the chance to fully grasp is a swift form that moves amongst darkness. Keeping distance and exploiting corners for cover. Carrying a pistol with a suppressor at the end of the barrel they take down the cannibalistic tunnel raiders one by one, throwing them into chaos as they turn away from Diego and try to figure out what is killing them. In less than thirty seconds they're all dead, never having known the face of their killer. But from around a corner some the dark skinned form of Corporal Tilly Sander, her weapon raised and ready as he pans it across the tunnel on her approach to check on Diego. The scene fades as she hastily staunches the blood flow from his most grievous wounds.

Diego's world fades to black, but not before he catches a glimpse of a familiar face leaning over him.

Friday 1, February 2019 - Recovery

It isn't until days later that Diego's body heals enough for him to rouse from unconsciousness. When he does, he finds himself in hospital bed. The room he is in he shares with three other patients, two on each side of the room, and curtains acting as privacy. Presently the privacy curtains are drawn and the lighting is subdued enough to allow for undisturbed sleep, but not so low as to hinder vision. Seated off to his right in a chair is Corporal Sander's, his heeled boot clad feet braced up on his hospital bed and crossed at the ankles. Reclined in her chair she holds a tablet in her left hand and her eyes pan over the screen.

Originally posted by OOC
                  Diego has "Lasting Injuries" which reflects broken bones and other severe wounds that will take him out of action for an extended period of time. In addition to this I am going to enforce a new permanent Complication on Diego that reflects a "Life Debt" to Corporal Tilly Sander, as a result of her saving him from certain death.
                  Last edited by Sakuro; 13th April 2019, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Iona
                    HP:4

"Tell me, how do you feel? Are you experiencing any motor or sensory impairment?"
                    In a display of modesty, she makes sure that the bed-sheet is wrapped tightly around her. First she moves her arms, then her fingers. "So far so good."

Pulling the sheet up above her knees, she flexes her legs and then proceeds to wiggle her toes. "No problems there."

She reaches back to feel her lower spine. Hmmm...everything between the 5th and 7th vertebrae seems fine. Wait. Why did I check that area specifically? Probably because most lower body motor-impairment involves damage to that area of the spine. Wait. How do I know that?

In fact, she takes several brief minutes to give herself a short yet thorough neuromuscular examination.

"Everything is remarkably fine, doctor. Except...I do have a slight headache. Nothing severe like a migraine, just a faint level of discomfort in my head. Oddly, the discomfort is not localized anywhere in particular. Maybe its the lighting in here or something."

She stops focusing on herself and once more looks about the room with confusion on her face. Eventually she drifts back to staring at the enigmatic doctor just a short distance away.

"You're my...creator?" She says with a look of puzzlement. She can conjure up no thoughts at all that contradict his words. No thoughts of a mother. No thoughts of a father. No anything. "Well...I thank you...for your trouble." She adds meekly.

"I hope you don't think I'm rude. I feel as if I just woke from a dream, and I'm having a tough time remembering things about myself." She gazes into the reflective glasses of Sokolov and shakes her head in confusion. "It's just the strangest thing."

Then after a deep sigh, the slightest signs of a smile form on her face. "I suppose lying about this room won't help me. The funny thing is that my body feels perfectly fine, but inside...I just don't quite feel..." She struggles to find a word that describes her experience. "...harmonious. Does that make sense?"

"Heck, I don't even know what my name is." Her beautiful aquamarine eyes blink inquisitively at Sokolov.

Comment

• Re: In the Shadow of Imperator: Extended Interludes

Diego Gonzalez
                      CND: Out of Commission

Diego wasn't sure what had happened. One moment, he thought he was dead because he pushed it too far. The next, he thought he saw something taking out his attackers. Who? What? Did they finally turn on each with Diegos dying words? It wasn't as if he had much time to piece it together with the whole dying thing. He didn't even know if he thought he saw or who was helping him. It was all just a blur before passing out completely.

Upon waking, the confusion grew even more. He recognized Sanders. He recognized hospital like curtains. He recognized what was probably a rebellion type base hospital. The question was how he got there and why wasn't he just another dead body in the Under City. Ordinarily, Diego would pepper the first person he saw with a million questions and try to figure it all out in a logical way. This time, he was glad to be alive. He had gambled on finding more allies and lost that bet rather badly at the cost of what he thought was his life.

All he could muster when waking up was confusion. "Where...are we? I thought my dying sight was messing with me by showing someone saving me. If you weren't there...what happen?" , is all Diegos millions of questions came out. For once, he was at a loss for words.

Comment

• Hitori Zanzo

Friday 1, Febuary 2019; Morning - A Cure for Hitori

LP: 0
                        CND: Fine, for a mutated abomination

Hitori couldnt process what his eyes were seeing. He froze in place until his brain could react. In that moment a monstrous "NOO!" erupted from his centre, the sound of which reverberated through the building. He rushed to the corpse's side, to check if Levi was alive, but alas he could not find any sign of life. He was right, Sokolov would kill him! He should have stopped the fool! Why?? Why would anyone harm such a gentle old man?! Sokolov.... Sokolov would because he was a bastard. He rose from Levi`s side. "Why?! Why did you do this to him!" he shouted to the roof. He knew Sokolov was looking, he always was. This was his lair.
                        [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Alexandria Thompson
                          HP: 2

Thursday 24th Feb - Flux

Alex wracked her brain as she considered The options available to them. She dived deep into her experience as a soldier to get the bodyguards out.

Friday 1st February - A Cure for Hitori

Alex was keeping herself occupied when she heard Hitori shout. She was getting a little concerned that both Diego and Levi had basically disappeared. Diego she reckoned would be fine as he was a big boy and had self defence experience but Levi was prone to things that could get them all into trouble. It's when she heard the roar that she guessed could only come from Hitori that spurred her to action. Snatching her assault rifle, she sped round the facility till she tracked down Hitoris location.

Her immediate scan noticed the corpse of Levi as well as the hulking Hitori that was enraged near it. Her ever alert mindset immediately jumped to the obvious, Hitori lost control to his bestial instincts and killed the Doctor. However, Hitori has had a predaliction for consuming his enemies, not just killing them. Also, if Hitori did give into her monsterous side then there would be slash marks and at least something consumed. It made her believe this wasn't the creature before her that still slightly unnerved her, but something else entirely. She covered the body of Levi with her rifle, and was about to put a round into the doctors brain, when she noticed that he didn't have one. This threw her off quite a bit. Bodies she could handle, but this wasn't someone who lost a struggle to survive but someone who had to subject themselves to the whims of a sadistic psycho.
                          "Report" she snapped at Hitori in her best parade sergeant voice.
                          Current Games

Jason Anderson (Telekinetic Storm): Infinite New Vindicators
                          Alexandria Downes (Seraph): Operation Phoenix

Comment

The doctor waits patiently while Iona conducts her self-diagnostic. All the while inspecting and studying her. Both her movements and the emotion that she expressed while doing so. After she mentions a handful of concerns he addresses them one by one.

"These are your first moments of consciousness. I would be concerned if you believed that you remembered something about yourself. That would suggest there is some error taking place. The headache and 'disharmony' as you call it are understandable though. You are receiving sensory input and experiencing awareness all for the first time. You should acclimate after a while. Keep me informed if they persist."

When Iona mentions her inability to remember her own name, Dr. Sokolov reiterates the aspect of her newly 'born' status.

"You don't have a name yet. Is there something you would like to be called?"

The Corporal took note as Diego began to rouse to consciousness. Lowering her tablet her chocolatey brown eyes watch him with a note of warmth as he takes in his surroundings and begins asking questions.

"We are at one of Colonel Costa's bases. She was grumpy as all hell when I brought you here too. Your entire team, barring the Sergeant, is on her crap list."

The last statement was made with a light touch of a scolding tone, hinting at the fact she wasn't happy either. Sander takes the time to tap at the tablet in her hand, which turns the screen black. Then she sets it down on her lap and gives Diego her full attention.

"What were you trying to accomplish running around in the Under City by yourself? You know, there is a reason Stronghold doesn't send patrols down there and it isn't because of the smell."
                            Originally posted by OOC
                            I forgot to mention this earlier: Diego receives 1 HP for the previous scene.
                            Last edited by Sakuro; 14th April 2019, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• Hitori Zanzo

[QUOTE=Evolución;278388]Friday 1, Febuary 2019; Morning - Chaos

LP: 0
                              CND: Fine, for a mutated abomination

"He killed him! Alex, Sokolov killed Levi!" he said as he raised Levi's body to Alex. "Levi wanted to talk with Sokolov about something he discovered looking at samples from my blood, I tried to talk him down, told him we were not supposed to go there, but he convinced me, he talked me down. That fool! I told him Sokolov was crazy!" Would he be able to cry in his new form, Hitori would. But instead his unnerving black eyes simply look down at Levi's corpse.
                              [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Iona
                                HP:4

"You don't have a name yet. Is there something you would like to be called?"
                                The young woman looks up into the mirrored ceiling in an effort to better understand who she is. "Well...I don't know right off the top of my head to be honest."

She brings both of her hands together and places them under her chin almost as if she were in prayer. "I don't think I want anything too normal, you know, like Jennifer or Susan. I want it to be sophisticated and rare, like...Fiona."

Her eyes seem to lighten up as if she just had an epiphany. "I know!!! Let's go for sophisticated and unique! I'll drop the "F" and just go with 'Iona'."

"Ever heard of anyone called that?" She asks rhetorically.

Regardless of how ridiculous or charming her name sounds to Dr. Sokolov, a smile forms on her face. "Yes, Iona it is! That is, of course, unless you object."

She pauses to get a response from the mysterious doctor before speaking further. "I suppose that I'm very much in debt to you, doctor. I acknowledge the life you have given me; and I am grateful. But there is still something I must know: For what purpose have you given me life?"

Comment

Working...
                                X