X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In the Shadow of Imperator: Extended Interludes

Alexandria Thompson
    HP: 1

Alex definately wasn't expecting Sanders to take her to the dance floor, but her one track mind quickly analyzed the situation. This was clearly undercover work, and she was simply maintaining her cover. So Alex decided to play along. She took a sip of her water, left the glass on the side and followed Sanders to the Dance floor. As Sanders slipped out the headphones, a slight smile crept onto Alex's face.
    "Thank God, I didn't want to listen to anymore of this trash" She mutters to Sanders, taking one of the earphones and began to nod to the beat of the song.
    She glanced at the direction of Diego before muttering to Sanders again.
    "Hope I didn't ruin the op, being subtle isn't my thing."
    Current Games

Jason Anderson (Telekinetic Storm): Infinite New Vindicators
    Alexandria Downes (Seraph): Operation Phoenix

Comment

Thursday 24 January 2019 - Flux

When the girls head to the dance floor Diego puts a big grin on his face. "Looks I might have a fun night later tonight after with two senoritas. You know what they say about those big and strong women. Always wild.", says Diego giving off his best impression of a drunken laugh that he can. "This club and music is amazing. Rest of the city is full of those Stronghold. Can't imagine places like this are in other parts of the city. You know of any good ones? I am always up for a good party and you seem like you know where all the good ones are in the whole city.", inquires Diego with a jovial tone while giving flirtatious looks to the two women who headed to the dance floor. In truth, he was feeling out any potential soft spots as a club with Spanish rap didn't seem like the sort Stronghold would allow in other bits of the city. Might be good places to stash stuff. "Mos tequilla shots for my amigo and I.", says Diego the bar tender.
      [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

Marco's face scrunches up and he gives a shake of the head after Diego talks about muscular women. Clearly not his type, but he didn't rag on Diego for his preferences, or voice anything untoward about the large woman that looked like she could break someone over her knee like a stick. At the mention of other clubs Marco waves a hand through the air half-heartedly.

"Look in the phonebook or do a Google search if you're looking for a club. None as good as Flux though. Heard about an event that moves around. New place every night. Supposed to be good. But you need to know somebody who some somebody, who knows somebody in the know. Yeah know?"

Marco doesn't drink the harder stuff, and waves off the tequila. Instead he sticks to his imported beer.

"You don't know much about the scene. You from out of town?"

… and it is at this point that Marco starts grilling Diego for personal information; his now, where he's from, what he does for a living. He's less subtle about it than the spy. But unlike Diego, he isn't exactly trying to hide it. He's a guy in a club who wants to know who he is drinking with.

Originally posted by OOC
        Unless you plan to have Diego tell the truth about himself, roll Deception.
        When Alexandria talks about her lack of subtlety Sander places her hands on the muscular woman's shoulders. While moving to the music, the music they were listening to not the club's, Sander applies slight guiding pressure to her companion's sides. As though to help her move and find a relaxed rhythm rather than standing around awkwardly on the dance floor.

"Relax. Pretend this isn't an op. Act like you're here to have fun."

While Sander didn't go anything fancy, her movements were smooth as she sway to the music. Like silk on a breeze, When she or Alex had something to say to the other she moved in close only to glide back after they'd said what they needed to.

"Haven't heard anything about that group. Our Tough Guy is talking to someone with a job for a really bad man. But if anyone here has the information you're after it's him. The job would be a way for you to get a face to face. I don't recommend it though."
        Roll Call thread: [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/54-Character-Cache?p=211&viewfull=1#post211]Character Cache[/url]

Comment

Hitori Zanzo

Saturday 26 January 2019

Hitori had retreated to the training room again, and was training with his wooden practice sword again. Already worked into a sweat, not much for the effort but rather for the injury, the japanese man noted Levi had entered the room. He smiled, and walked up to him. "Ah, I see you came doctor, good." he states. Walking past Levi he places the practice boken in its holder, and grabs a towel that was hanging from it, exchanging both items. With the towel he dries up his face, leaving it hanging from his neck. He then sits on the padded floor, rather unceremoniously, and invites Levi to do the same with an open palm directed in front of him. "Would it be proper for me to call you by your name, doctor?" he asks.
          Last edited by Evolución; 13th December 2018, 07:41 AM.
          [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Re: Hitori Zanzo

Dr. Levi Kripke
            HP: 0
            Cnd: Normal
            PP: 1

Saturday 26 January 2019 - Martial Training for Geriatrics?

Originally posted by Evolución View Post
            Saturday 26 January 2019

"Would it be proper for me to call you by your name, doctor?" he asks.
            "Well of course you can. We're in an informal setting."

Levi sees the sweat forming on Hitori's forehead. He places his hand on Hitori's shoulder before adopting an almost fatherly tone. "I would be very cautious for a few days, Master Zanzo. You probably feel a considerable tightness in the muscles around your right lower-ribs. Those internal stitches will break down completely over the next few weeks. Strenuous exercise should be avoided for about 10 days. You could ignore my request and begin strenuous exercise in about a week, but if you do the chance for tearing the muscle increases modestly. If you do any explosive or heavy-lifting muscle-movements within the next week, the chances for a tear increase substantially. As for the external stitches, I'll remove those in 10-14 days depending on how the wound is healing."

Levi removes his hand, replacing his concerned expression with a relaxed one. "So, you wanted to speak about something? Is everything ok? You're not running a fever, are you?"
            Last edited by Supernaturalist; 17th December 2018, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Hitori Zanzo

The Japanese man chuckles. "I was afraid you would say that Kripke-san. I will try to rest more, but my training cannot be postponed. I might have to inconvenience you in the future if a stitch gets loose. My apologies." He said, implying he would likely hurt himself in the future.
              Shifting his glance from the doctor to the training room around him, he smiles briefly and then clears his throat "Well, I read the report of our mission, and I saw you were captured by a guard. It is not your fault of course, but to think that such small incident could have jeopardized the entire mission, with all the innocent lives we took... It chills me to the bone. Because of that I will train you. And possibly Peter too, but I think you need the training more. I've turned youngsters without purpose in imperator's finest combatants, I think I can teach you a little bit of self defence. What do you think?" He offers

Comment

Dr. Levi Kripke

"Hmmm... ", Levi says as his eyes avert from Hitori, " ...I...don't know."

"I realize that I became quite a liability on that last mission. I was embarassed to be honest, but there was always a risk in taking me to the mission site." Levi seems uncomfortable discussing this topic; and he struggles awkwardly for words.

"You know...I never was very good at athletics or gym-class or even playing games on the play ground as a kid. I just never had the coordination that the other kids had." Levi continues to stare at Hitori's feet as he shakes his head.

"I'm almost 60 years old now. The only exercise I've regularly done is walking and hiking. The last time I played a competitive game was kickball in my preperatory high school. To be honest, I just wasn't very good."

"But I can see your point, Master Zanzo. Things are different now. I really do need to develop at least some martial competence." Levi pauses for a moment. His face has the look of someone analyzing the situation for an optimal solution.

"I do have some free time. That's not a problem. I could probably devote no more than an hour out of the day. I do have research and other intellectual interests, but I could give you an hour per day. You must go easy on me though, my aging body needs to warm up. I cannot go zero-to-sixty without preparation or I'll certainly pull a muscle or ligament." Levi then brings his gaze back to Hitori's face.

"Is that good enough? "
                Last edited by Supernaturalist; 17th December 2018, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Alexandria Thompson

Alex allowed her colleague to guide her movements. As Sander placed her hand on her shoulders, an sudden thrill went down Alex's spine. Was this lady trying to flirt with her? She danced well, and she was a disciplined and experienced soldier. Alex briefly pondered the possibility, before her pessimistic and grounded mind set took over. It doesn't matter about feelings like that, they get you killed on the field. She sighed as she looked at Sander as they spoke quietly.
                  "Your objection is noted, I'll give it a think. The mission comes first, and I won't jeopardise it by putting my personal objectives ahead of the groups, but this group means a lot to me, and I need as much intel as possible."
                  As they continued to dance, Alex decided to try and get to know her colleague a little bit more.
                  "What got you back in the game Sanders? Your a good soldier, would have thought you could land yourself a good gig at any place."
                  Current Games

Comment

Hitori Zanzo

Hitori's face remained fixed in a half-smile as Levi gave his excuses. Finally he agreed to train for an hour a day, which isnt much, but it was more than nothing. Actually Hitori wasnt confident he could persuade the medic to do any training. "Fantastic Kripke-san!" Hitori exclaimed, his smile widening. "We have all seen better days in the past, but it is never too late. I draw almost 10 years from Diego, which is the third oldest team member, so that should tell you something." the martial artist shakes his head, crossing his arms around his chest. "I remember I healed much faster when I was his age." He them spreads his arms and pats his thighs, before getting up. "Anyway, there will be plenty of rest when we are dead, for now lets concentrate on improving. Do tell me when you have time to train, I'll be here..." he says, but then remembers Levi's recommendations . "...taking it easy, heh."

Comment

Re: Hitori Zanzo

Dr. Levi Kripke

Originally posted by Evolución View Post
                      "Anyway, there will be plenty of rest when we are dead, for now lets concentrate on improving. Do tell me when you have time to train, I'll be here..." he says, but then remembers Levi's recommendations . "...taking it easy, heh."
                      Levi shakes his head up and down in a reluctant "yes" motion. "Assuming we are on a routine day. That is to say, if we have no missions ongoing, then let's plan on 10:00 A.M. every weekday morning. That will give my breakfast roughly two hours to digest. I'd like to avoid vomitting if possible. "

Comment

"Look in the phonebook or do a Google search if you're looking for a club. None as good as Flux though. Heard about an event that moves around. New place every night. Supposed to be good. But you need to know somebody who some somebody, who knows somebody in the know. Yeah know?"

Marco doesn't drink the harder stuff, and waves off the tequila. Instead he sticks to his imported beer.

"You don't know much about the scene. You from out of town?"

… and it is at this point that Marco starts grilling Diego for personal information; his now, where he's from, what he does for a living. He's less subtle about it than the spy. But unlike Diego, he isn't exactly trying to hide it. He's a guy in a club who wants to know who he is drinking with.
                        Feigning to be a little drunk, Diego's head moves as if unable to focus for too long on anyone place making sure to see if Sanders and Alex are going to move on the tip or merely try to stay out of the way. With no indication either way, he turns his unsteady look at Marco figuring he give them another minute or two to make a move. "First time back since the war. Music wasn't my scene, but some mi hermanos used it before we went into battle and after I lost a lot of them it kept me connected to them. You know? Got me into the stuff and this senorita down their thought this would be a good place to go. She seems like she's knows what she's talking about.", slurs Diego a little. Clearly, this information well was mostly tapped and he had sufficiently developed the beginnings of a cover in case he needed to hide out in the ward. Staying too long risked exposure.

Stumbling a bit after standing, but recovering, he looks over to the two women and cat calls over to them. "Looks like I am for some fun tonight.", grins Diego as he looks over to the women again waving them over. "Tequilla and beer are fun, but senoritas are caliente.", adds Diego smiling ear to ear like a drunken fool.

OOC
                        Going to take 10 on deception for 20. Its not all a lie as the only lie is technically getting into the music and being drunk.
                        [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

Her lips curve upwards into a small smile when Alexandria calls her a good soldier and asks about her reasons for staying in Hadron City. The smile does not linger long though.

"I never left. This is my city and I am not done fighting for it."

While Sander does keep tabs on Diego and his social interaction with Marco, as well as general awareness of the environment, most of her attention seems to be on Alex as they two of them dance and converse. Then Diego's drunken voice intrudes with catcalls as he beckons the two women over. Her brown eyes shift to the side and she moves a show of rolling her eyes for the benefit of anyone observing.

"Looks like that is the signal to wrap things up. Hope you've had enough time to think."

She wait until the end of the song they are currently dancing to before stopping. Taking Alexandria by the hand she moves to walk with her muscular counterpart towards the bar. But only half way before stopping and raising her voice to speak across the distance to Diego. The intent to give him an excuse to break away and come to them.

"No more drinks, or you'll be useless later."

Marco for his part seems to be getting bored of drinking and talking, though he nods casually along with Diego's explanation, he has started to take peaks at a watch on his left wrist.

Originally posted by OOC
                          Time to make a decision. Since this plays into two of Alex's Complications, if she opts to undertake Marco's mission and try to get an in with Casimiro she will get 1 HP. Diego can still take advantage of the opportunity, but if he does he won't get any Complication related HP.

This does not pertain to the team's mission, and she has stated that she does not think it is a good idea, so if you want do Marco's side job and get Sander to go along a Persuasion check will be required get her assistance.
                          Roll Call thread: [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/54-Character-Cache?p=211&viewfull=1#post211]Character Cache[/url]

Comment

Alexandria Thompson

Alexandria had already made a decision. She didn't have a choice. She had to go along with the mission. Months after the fall of Hadron City and the Imperators reign and she had turned up nothing in her work as a merc.
                            Suddenly
                            there was a potential avenue into getting the info she required. Finding out what happened to Eric! She had to make a decision on the spot, but her life as a sergeant had prepared her for such eventualities. As they proceeded back, Alex placed a giant hand on Sanders shoulders and stepped in front.
                            "T, I've made my decision. I'm gonna play along for now. This looks bad and smells twice as much, but the Angels took something from me and I want it back. This is personal, so if you wanna help thats cool, but I understand if it isn't your problem and you don't want in" Alex muttered quietly to her colleague.

OOC: Persuasion roll to convince Sanders for some support. Persuade Sander to help: 17. Roll ID:
                            Current Games

Comment

The Corporal's brown eyes swivel over to Alexandria as the large woman stop and steps in front of her. The expression on her face is questioning. She does not have to voice the query, however, as Alex explains herself quickly. Full lipstick painted lips purse together into a thinned line as she listens to what her companions has to say with some displeasure. She's quiet for a short while after Alexandria has finished saying her peace.

"Alright. I have your back. You are so going to owe me for this though."

With that last statement the tension leaves Sander's lips and they form a small smile. Right before she punches Alex in the shoulder. Enough for there to be some force, a reminder that she was not happy about this, but it was playful and not meant to do any harm. Then, looking past her companion, she aims a look to Marco. As though pointing Alex there.

"Put your game face on and let's see what kind of crazy train we'll be riding."

Originally posted by OOC
                              Corporal Sander already starts with a friendly disposition towards Alexandria and the other PCs. So 17 is enough to secure her assistance for the mini-mission.

EDIT:
                              This scene picks up at this post.
                              Last edited by Sakuro; 31st March 2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Sunday 27th, January 2019 - "A Conversation about the Good Doctor"

Dr. Levi Kripke

When word comes from Diego that the next mission kicks off in the morning, Levi knows he has little time to get all his errands done. He spends some time making a list of the basic medical supplies he plans to take with him, depleting much of the remnants of Colonel Costa’s supply kit.

As the afternoon wears on, he notices Colonel Costa prepping as if she is about to leave the warehouse. Levi leaves his work-area and slowly makes his way over to Costa and her soldiers. The first thing Levi notices is the vigilance of each person under Costa’s command. Without exception each one’s eyes shoot to his approaching figure.

Ok, that’s intimidating.

Ummm…Colonel…I realize you’re busy, but may I speak to you in private for a brief moment before you depart? I’ll be waiting in my med-area when it’s convenient for you.” Levi nods nervously. He cannot help but notice the glares of disapproval at his presence by the other soldiers as he turns and walks away.

Shortly thereafter, Costa approaches. “Alright doctor, what do you need?

Thank you for obliging me, Colonel. It’s about Dr. Sokolov and our mission to apprehend him. I feel…well…very uncomfortable at how little I know of such an important figure. And as you know he was the subject behind the…disastrous…background search I performed. You knew him, did you not? I mean you served in Hadron City when he was functioning as Praetor here. I would greatly appreciate any knowledge of his demeanor and personality that you might convey. All I glean from Praetor Null is that he is a ‘traitor’. But if that is the case, then it seems our mission would more appropriately be one of assassination than of capture.

Levi pauses for a moment. “So, what I mean to say is that it seems obvious that we are meant to try and work with Dr. Sokolov in some way. This will require candor and diplomacy. The more I know about the details of the man…even small details…the better. Nothing is too trivial as it could give me some insight in how to interact with the man. Can you help me in any way?

Comment

Working...
                                X