No announcement yet.

(One-Shot) Crisis of the Secret Wars!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3e OOC] (One-Shot) Crisis of the Secret Wars!

Originally posted by The Premise
    Something has gone terribly wrong; The multiverse is collapsing..or rather, two multiverses are collapsing into each other. It all started when the Earth-616 of one universe and the Earth-One of the other suddenly and inexplicably occupied the same vibrational frequency, causing the two universes to violently merge together. As these two worlds are the centres of their respective multiverses, other worlds began to gradually merge together over time, though not as suddenly or violently as the initial merge. Initially, it appeared as though the merge was stable, and the greatest scientific minds of both Earth-One and Earth-616 banded together in order to determine its cause and hopefully reverse it. However, it soon became clear that the two universes were simply incompatible, as the merged Earth began to rapidly tear itself apart. Within the span of two weeks, Earth-One-616 was completely destroyed, and now that their respective centres were gone, the two multiverses have begun to destabilise as they continue to merge. Now, many worlds are being destroyed soon after they combine, or even while they are merging.

Whether your respective universes were on the brink of collapse or thus far untouched by the crisis, you were all simultaneously pulled out of your native dimension and brought aboard a strange alien satellite, where you were greeted by two strange beings - The Monitor and the Unseen. According to these two beings, the six of you are the only ones who can find the one behind this multiversal collapse and put a stop to their plans before it's too late. Are you up to the task?
    I've been wanting to run a one-shot for a while now, but wasn't able to come up with any good concepts until very recently when this idea struck me - a Crisis event involving both the DC and Marvel multiverse! But I thought I should gauge interest for this first before officially opening it up for recruitment.

This would be a PL 12, 180pp one-shot were you would all play versions of Marvel and/or DC characters, either a canon depiction or your own alternate universe idea. They could be heroes or villains and as obscure as you like, as long as it's at least based off of a Marvel or DC character it'll be allowed. I'd ideally be looking for 6 players, but I'd be willing to bump the number of PCs up if there are enough really good submissions.

So, anyone interested in this idea or am I just wasting my time?

EDIT: Okay, we’re now officially open for recruitment. Feel free to submit your characters!

Molecule Man jmucchiello
    Spiderfman Bill from Accounting
    Scylla Evolucion
    John Constantine nowhereman2
    Green Lantern 1003 Bladewind
    Steel Wheeljack
    Batwoman Sojobo
    Last edited by PauloDeWalshio; 12-21-2018, 07:18 PM.

Re: (One-Shot Interest) Crisis of the Secret Wars!

Well, hopefully I'm not the only interested, because I'd be all for this. Any idea what kind of PP we would be looking at? My knee-jerk choice is Spider-Man, perhaps based on the PS4 version, but I'll think about it.

Comment

I dig this. Thinking of the DC world Scylla, but more mythological and less super science
      [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

I'll post interest, likely as Dr. Doom, because who couldn't use a scientist and a sorcerer!

Comment

Depends on the PL of the game. I'd have to go DC as I already have a few Marvel characters in games. Or something weird in Marvel like Owen Reece before he discovered he was a cosmic cube.

Comment

Re: (One-Shot Recruitment) Crisis of the Secret Wars!

Originally posted by Bill from Accounting View Post
            Well, hopefully I'm not the only interested, because I'd be all for this. Any idea what kind of PP we would be looking at? My knee-jerk choice is Spider-Man, perhaps based on the PS4 version, but I'll think about it.
            180 power points, standard for this PL. I’ve edited that into the OP.

Originally posted by jmucchiello View Post
            Depends on the PL of the game. I'd have to go DC as I already have a few Marvel characters in games. Or something weird in Marvel like Owen Reece before he discovered he was a cosmic cube.
            The Power Level is 12, if that impacts your decision.

I feel like that’s a healthy amount of interest, so I’ll open this up for recruitment! Feel free to start submitting your characters!

Comment

Dibs on Doctor Doo-

Originally posted by Zen_Gypsy View Post
              I'll post interest, likely as Dr. Doom, because who couldn't use a scientist and a sorcerer!

Awwwwww.....
              What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening? I don't know, but I trapped it in my bedroom. Send help.

Comment

Thinking it over, I think I'll instead be going with Doctor Doo-

Oh.

Anyway, would you be willing to allow a trade-off on PP and PL for a PL 11, 195 PP character? Yes or no, I should have a build ready by the weekend.

Comment

EDIT: This was originally a PL12/183 build. It can be now found in my Roll Call thread
                  EDIT2: Updated after Paulo's critique.

Owen Reece is technically a cosmic entity even if he doesn't know it, yet. I've managed to cram him into PL13/165

The Open AE slot is there because I'm sure two rounds into combat there will be an AE that I want to constantly use and avoid fatigue/spending HP on. The advantage choices for a guy with so little combat experience is a bit sparse. Takedown works. Luck can't hurt.

The sense array is now a quirky powers array. They are all stuff that make sense. Variable 1 or 2 might have been easier.

Molecule Man (Hero; PL: 13; PP: 165/165)

STR: -1; AGL: 3; FGT: 0; AWE: 9
                  STA: 6; DEX: 3; INT: 2; PRE: -1
                  Dodge: 8; Parry: 8; Fortitude: 12; Toughness: 18; Will: 14

SKILLS: Athletics -1; Deception -1; Expertise: Laverne and Shirley +5 (3r); Expertise: nuclear plant operation +5 (3r); Insight +12 (3r); Intimidation -1; Perception +12 (3r); Persuasion -1; Stealth +3
                  LANGUAGES: English
                  ADVANTAGES: Luck; Takedown 2

COMBAT Initiative: +3; Close: +0; Ranged: +3
                  • Blast: Damage 15: +11 (DC 30) Range: 375/750/1500 ft.
                  • Cancel Environment: Burst Area Nullify 6: (DC 16) Range: Close
                  • Create: Create Attack 15: +11 (Dodge DC 25) Range: 375/750/1500 ft.
                  • Grab: +0 (Special DC 9) Range: Close
                  • Grab Everyone: Burst Area Affliction 13: (Fortitude DC 23) Range: 60 feet radius sphere, dc 23
                  • Move Object: Move Object 15: +11 (DC 30) Range: 375/750/1500 ft.
                  • Petrification: Progressive Affliction 17: +9 (Fortitude DC 27) Range: 170/425/850 ft.
                  • Throw: +3 (DC 14)
                  • Transform: Transform Attack 13: +13 (Dodge DC 23) Range: 65/130/325 ft.
                  • Unarmed: +0 (DC 14) Range: Close

POWERS
                  • Flight: Flight 4 Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round - Flaws: Platform (4 PP)
                    He grabs a chunk of ground, wall, etc and steps on to fly around.
                  • Force Field: Protection 12 +12 Toughness - Extras: Sustained; Descriptors: Cosmic, Quantum Forces (12 PP)
                    A combination of quantum effects and energy/matter conversion cause what look like direct hits to harmlessly disappear as the reach Owen.
                  • Molecular Manipulation - (64 PP)
                    • Blast: Damage 15 - Extras: Accurate 4 (+8), Increased Range (Ranged), Indirect 4 (Any point, any direction), Multiattack, Variable Descriptor: Any matter or "scientific" energy descriptor 2 (Broad group - any matter or "scientific" energy descriptor) (1 PP)
                      He can fling existing objects at people or he can manifest a variety of energies: light, strong nuclearn, weak nuclear, gravity, electricity, etc.
                    • Create: Create Attack 15 Volume: 32000 cft. - Extras: Accurate 4 (+8), Attack: Dodge, Increased Range (Ranged), Innate, Subtle 2 (Invisible); Flaws: Permanent (1 PP)
                      This is generally a "transform air into solid stuff" effect emulated by Create. But MM can create matter from nothing, too.
                    • Grab Everyone: Burst Area Affliction 13 - 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Immobile, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Resisted by: Fortitude; Extras: Area (Burst) 2 (60 feet radius sphere, dc 23), Feature: Substance used to grab can be nearby material or material MM bings into existence., Selective (1 PP)
                      Everyone he targets becomes encased in some substance or another and held at bay.
                    • Move Object: Move Object 15 800 tons - Extras: Accurate 4 (+8), Damaging, Precise, Variable Descriptor: Any kind of matter 2 (Broad group - any kind of matter); Descriptors: Gravity, Kinetic (1 PP)
                      The reason the item moves my be gravatic manipulation or he might knock existing matter into the thing he is moving billiards style.
                    • Movement Effects: Movement 9 - Dimensional 3 (Any dimension, 25 tons), Safe Fall, Space Travel 3 (Other galaxies), Water Walking 2; Extras: Increased Mass 10, Variable Descriptor: depends on movement type 2 (Broad group - depends on movement type) (1 PP)
                      He can perform all of these movement types in a variety of ways.
                    • Open AE - (1 PP)
                    • Petrification: Progressive Affliction 17 - 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Immobile, 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Fortitude; Extras: Accurate 3 (+6), Feature: Result of transformation is any solid substance: glass, wood, stone, metal, etc., Increased Range (Ranged), Incurable, Progressive, Reversible; Flaws: Diminished Range, Limited: Only works on living targets (56 PP)
                    • Teleport: Teleport 11 8 miles in a move action, carrying 3200 lbs. - Extras: Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Dimensional 3 (Any dimension), Extended (2000 miles in 2 move actions), Increased Mass 6, Precise (1 PP)
                    • Transform: Transform Attack 13 Transforms: 3 tons - Affects: Broad > Broad - anything non-living to anything non-living; Extras: Accurate 5 (+10), Attack: Dodge, Increased Range (Ranged), Innate; Flaws: Diminished Range 2, Distracting, Permanent (1 PP)
                  • Quirky Powers - senses, environment - (10 PP)
                    • Cancel Environment: Burst Area Nullify 6 - Counters: Environment effects; Extras: Area (Burst) (30 feet radius sphere, dc 16); Flaws: Reduced Range (Close) (1 PP)
                    • Cosmic Sense: Senses 4 - Acute: Cosmic Sense, Analytical: Cosmic Sense, Detect: Cosmic Sense 1, Extended: Choose Sense 1 (X10) (1 PP)
                    • Enhanced Sight: Senses 11 - Analytical (Type): Vision, Counters All Concealment: Vision, Penetrates Concealment: Vision; Flaws: Distracting (1 PP)
                    • Environment: Environment 1 Radius: 30 feet - Cold (Extreme), Heat (Extreme), Light (Bright); Descriptors: Cold, Heat, Ice, Kinetic, Weather (6 PP)
                    • Walk Thru Walls: Movement 3 - Permeate 3 (Full speed) (1 PP)

Eyes: Blue Hair: Brown
                  Height: 5' 7" Weight: 140 lb.

COMPLICATIONS
                  End of the World: Technically not a complication for Owen, per se, but if Owen dies, the universe is destroyed. Each universe in the multiverse has its own Owen Reece and in each of them, if he dies, that universe ceases to exist. Certain cosmic types are aware of this and treat him differently because of it.
                  Inexperienced: He doesn't realize he can transform living creatures just as easily as he can non-living objects. And yet he constantly gives himself the ability to adapt to various inhospitable environments, such as space.
                  Relationship: Owen is in love with Volcana (Marsha Rosenberg).

TOTALS: Abilities: 42 + Powers: 90 + Advantages: 3 + Skills: 6 + Defenses: 24 -> 165
                  Last edited by jmucchiello; 12-11-2018, 08:10 PM. Reason: Modified senses to quirky abilities

Comment

Only because other's have expressed interest in Doom as well, I've gone through three different iterations of the Latvian Ruler none of which I can trim down to 180 PP while staying true to the character. As such, you Doom-heads out there, have at 'er!

However, as silly as it may seem, I think I am going to build the ultimate support character, a professional sidekick. Rick Jones ... because I feel like trying something completely different!
                    Last edited by Zen_Gypsy; 11-28-2018, 06:01 AM.

Comment

(Just for the record, I was only joking about wanting to play Doom.)

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Sort of interested? I'll see what I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill from Accounting View Post
                          Anyway, would you be willing to allow a trade-off on PP and PL for a PL 11, 195 PP character? Yes or no, I should have a build ready by the weekend.
                          Yeah, sure, I’ll allow that. You can go up to PL 13 at the cost of 15 power points, or go down to PL 11 for 15 extra points. You can’t go any higher or lower than those two options though.

Comment

Originally posted by PauloDeWalshio View Post
                            Yeah, sure, I’ll allow that. You can go up to PL 13 at the cost of 15 power points, or go down to PL 11 for 15 extra points. You can’t go any higher or lower than those two options though.
                            I wonder if I can tighten Molecule Man up to PL13 or do I need to drop to PL11. Hmm.

Comment

I would definitely be interested in this!

A couple questions;
                              1) Would you consider amalgam style characters or do you want us to limit it to one comic property universe for initial character creation?
                              2) Are What If/Elseworlds/Battleworld/etc style characters free game as well?

I have a few things mulling around but I look forward to your answers. I'm excited to see what happens with this game!

Comment

Working...
                              X