No announcement yet.

Runner up One Shot, Freedom City (Full)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3e OOC] Runner up One Shot, Freedom City (Full)

This is a one shot for those folks who did not make it into Plan B's Freedom League 2020 game. Only characters who submitted to that game are eligible for this game. (Unless too few of them sign in here.) So anyone eligible to join, post your "yes I'm interest" status along with a link to your character in Plan B's thread.

Remember, this is a one shot. I have a few set pieces in place and afterward, I'll probably start a game in world of my making. I want a bit of GMing experience before running that game.

IC Thread

EDIT: Here's the PCs.

Player Character (and link) PL Mini-description Impressions
    Evolución Doctor Ivan Romanof PL9 Ex-mad scientist In char sheet
    tonberrian Scarab (Grace Jennings) off-site link PL10 Mentalist (Legacy Hero)
    melonLord Paradigm (Janice Rivers) PL10 Time Displacing Gadgeteer Off Site
    frankScenario Lady Violet Pennyworth () PL10 Time Displaced Mage In char sheet
    CaptainChaos Starlight (Sarah Simon) PL9 Energy Controller: Light/Magical Girl
    Star Guard Darkstar (Brian Thomas) PL11 Density manipulator
    Last edited by jmucchiello; 12-01-2018, 08:40 PM.

Re: Runner up One Shot, Freedom City, (Closed/Special Recruitment)

You sir are a hero and a gentleman.
    https://roninarmy.com/threads/7978-F...l=1#post272004
    [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Definitely interested.

http://https://roninarmy.com/threads/7978-Freedom-League-2020?p=272309&viewfull=1#post272309

Comment

I'm certainly interested. This could be a wild experiment, depending on just how many of the applicants join in.

https://roninarmy.com/threads/7978-F...l=1#post272276

Comment

I'm definitely interested.

https://roninarmy.com/threads/7978-F...l=1#post272266
          [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

I am interested. Lady Violet Pennyworth
            My characters:
            [B][COLOR="#FF0000"][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/3705-Emerald-City-Freedom-League-(Selecting-PCs-soon)?p=143784&viewfull=1#post143784"]Spellweaver[/URL][/COLOR][/B], master mage in the Emerald League
            [B][COLOR="#DAA520"][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/3651-Freedom-League-Unlimited?p=149136#post149136"]Dauntless[/URL][/COLOR][/B], potential claimant to the legacy of Centurion
            [B][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/4164-Superhuman-Defense-Organisation-America-(Recruiting)?p=162527&viewfull=1#post162527"]Anna Century[/URL][/B], physics-defying speedster
            [B][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/5383-cosmic-DC-adventure-recruitment-thread-until-Sept-10?p=210525&viewfull=1#post210525"]Saavi Nayo[/URL][/B], the Innumerable Girl

Comment

Am definitely interested!

https://roninarmy.com/threads/7978-F...l=1#post272186

Comment

I'll probably pick 5 or 6 pcs on Monday night. And I'm sorry to anyone who misses the cut again. Then I'll open the IC thread Tuesday or Wednesday. Since this is a one shot, I'm going to assume either the group is a present version of the Freedom League. Or a the heroes are generally soloists who sometimes join together for bigger problems. Either will work.

Comment

DarkStar; Brian Thomas
                  PL: 11 (135 pts) - OPL: 11; DPL: 11; HP: 1; LP: 1
                  PP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2/14, STAMINA 2/14, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 7, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+2/+14), Close Combat (+8), Deception (+2), Expertise [Business] 1 (+8), Expertise [Engineering] 7 (+14), Expertise [Military] 1 (+8), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+2), Perception 7 (+9), Persuasion 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Handguns] 2 (+5), Stealth (+3), Technology 7 (+14), Vehicles 1 (+3)

ADVANTAGES; All-out Attack, Benefit 4 (multi-millionaire), Connected, Contacts, Equipment 1, Fast Grab, Improved Critical 1, Improved Grab, Inventor, Leadership, Luck 1, Power Attack, Teamwork, Well-informed.

POWERS:
                  Density/Matter Manipulation: 24 pt Array; 26 pts
                  Dimensional Jump: Teleport 5
                  (Accurate, 900 feet, Extended 30 miles in 2 move actions, 800lbs); 24 pts
                  Density Increase: Growth
                  [Density] 12 (+12 Str, +12 End, +12 mass ranks, +0 size ranks, -3 speed ranks; 1 pts
                  Intangibility: Insubstantial 4, Invisibility: Normal Visual Sense
                  ; 1 pt
                  Environmental Suit: 11 pt Device [Removable (-2)]; 9 pts
                  Feature 2: Mass Increase is reduced 1/4 (3 ranks); 2 pts
                  Speed 3: Limited: only while using Density Increase; 3pts
                  Immunity 7: Environmental Conditions (all) and Suffocation (all); 7 pts

EQUIPMENT: 5 pts
                  Custom Built Visor: Binoculars, Cell Phone (smartphone), Commlink, Night Vision Goggles

OFFENSE:
                  Initiative +3
                  Close Attack +8 [Unarmed DC17; Density Increase DC29 (Critical 19-20)]
                  Ranged Attack +2 [Handguns DC19]

DEFENSES:
                  Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
                  Toughness +2 (+14 with Density Increase), Fortitude +2 (+14 with Density Increase), Will +8

COMPLICATIONS: WIP
                  Power Limitation: Using extended teleport ranges is distracting and causes Darkstar to be Vulnerable until the start of his next turn.
                  Brotherhood: Brian has strong bonds to military, law-enforcement and first responder teams.
                  Responsibility: Balancing day and night jobs can be tough for anyone. Much like with his Brother in Arms, Brian has a deep loyalty to the people he employs.

Abilities 56 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 17 + Powers 35 + Defenses 11 Totals 135 / 135

Background Comments:
                  Five years ago Commander Brian Thomas was serving on the USS Daedalus, a nuclear submarine stationed out of the Fort Brewer Naval Base in Emerald City. The Daedalus was a prototype stealth submarine that implemented a new alien energy source. During test trials the vessel was boarded by Power Corp. Something went wrong during the heist and the containment shields were breached. CDR Thomas was trapped on the Engineering Deck with three other men as the crew of the Daedalus was ordered to abandon ship.

CDR Thomas and the others were recovered by a Search and Rescue team ... twenty miles west of the Daedalus’s last known position. Brian was paralyzed and an exhaustive search failed to recover any of the other the men. The submarine itself was lost in the ocean’s dark depths. After months of moderately successful therapy, Brian was put on the Temporary Disability Retirement List. Over the next year he slowly regained use of his limbs and used Disability Pay to begin a start up business specializing in environment survival equipment.

Working late one night on upgrading a surveillance gear, Brian watched as a fire trapped a number of homeless on the roof of an abandoned high rise near the docks. One moment he was finishing the high tech mask in his workshop, the next fire was licking at the roof of the building he was sinking into. The same feeling he had when he was paralyzed of being immensely heavy flowed through his body and he panicked the memory of water rushing into the irradiated engineering compartment. Swimming upward gasping for air, suddenly he was rising through the roof above the broken burnt timbers.

Soon after Brian was working with Aegis in Emerald City. For two years he was given access to funds and research even the navy hadn't had at their disposal. He took that technology and engineered them into upgraded power suits that allowed Aegis to operate safely anywhere between the ocean depths to the edge of outer space. For two years his business thrived and when needed he assisted Aegis as the hero known as Darkstar. And on one such recent mission, the Lighthouse had just been assaulted and while it was Darkstar who helped free the Lor hostages, it was Brian that stayed behind assisting with repairs and it was Daedalus who invited him to visit ... just to see how things were done in the big city

For the pst few weeks Brian has been getting to know the city while setting up the east coast of StarCorp “Making tomorrow’s technology ready today.” Right now it was little more than an empty warehouse being renovated for assembling and testing prototype technologies focused on updating military and law-enforcement special op needs. The DarkStar suit only worked so well because of the energy he had absorbed in the hijacking of the Daedalus. His environmental designs were sound, but could only negate the effects of one environment at a time due to power consumption. Aegis was still testing his EVA design, but initial test were promising.

One of the biggest bonuses of buying the warehouse on the docks was having a place to dry dock the Brotherhood. It was more functional than flashy. The Coast Guard had retired all it’s 41’ UTBs a few years ago and Brian spent a few hours each day renovating the old boat while the work crews were doing the same to the warehouse. Friday afternoons he had been grilling lunch for the construction teams but was going to have to think of something else with the weather turning cold.

http://highlifeyachts.com/photos/ful...s-diesel-1.jpg

Build Comments:
                  Concept is a naval engineering officer with high intellect who gains his powers due to the alien energy source. At first he is thought to be paralyzed and is medically discharged. Eventually he gains control of the Density/Matter Manipulation (stealing a Henry Pym concept of adding/shunting and traveling through dimensional movement). For a couple years works with Aegis until his start up is solid and moves his business to Freedom City to join the team with a recommendation from Aegis.

I decided to go a different route than normal. This isn't a hero who is new to the job. He hasn't had any earth shaking encounters yet but he's been around the block and proved himself to those who are Connected or in the know. I gave him enough leadership abilities to be helpful to a team but not necessarily a team leader. Definitely not the team "face" with his Persuasion lol. I gave him enough business savvy to earn his millions but low enough they could disappear if GM wants to take a story line that direction. Hopefully enough roleplay threads to pull on to be interesting. I'd like to slip in a romantic relationship but need to time to come up with something better than Mary Jane. MCU Janet VanDyne is an interesting character type but that needs GM input.
                  Last edited by Star Guard; 11-27-2018, 10:40 PM.

Comment

[ url="link goes here"]text describing link goes here, optionally[/url] So you would go to the Darkstar post in the other thread and where it says #113 on that post you right click and select "copy link address" and paste it where "link goes here" is. Leave out the space between "[" and "img]"

And to embed your boat:

[ img]http://highlifeyachts.com/photos/fullsize/41039-utb-uscg-patrol-boat-cummins-diesel-1.jpg[/img]

But don't bother doing any of that now. We should copy the characters over here anyway once my game starts.
                    Last edited by jmucchiello; 11-24-2018, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Updated Roll Call, and I've added a column:

Renewed
                      Interest
                      Player Character (and link) PL Mini-description Impressions
                      Yes Evolución Doctor Ivan Romanof PL9 Ex-mad scientist
                      Yes tonberrian Scarab (Grace Jennings) off-site link PL10 Mentalist (Legacy Hero)
                      No SilvercatMoonpaw Nephilim (Remory Solomon/Gremory, Duke of Hell) PL10 Demon Possessed Mage LINK
                      Yes CaptainKaulu Graystuff (Professor Boris Burlov) &
                      Insectoid Swarm of Ya'Quarsh'sh
                      PL10 Mentalist/Lovecraftian Sorcerer
                      No mrtowne Winged Joy (Lucinda Crane) PL10 Magical Girl LINK
                      Yes dreamking89 Lantern Jack (Jethro Kane) PL10 Mysterio/Scarecrow mashup
                      Yes melonLord Paradigm (Janice Rivers) PL10 Time Displacing Gadgeteer Off Site
                      Yes frankScenario Lady Violet Pennyworth () PL10 Time Displaced Mage In char sheet
                      Yes Arthur Eld The Orca (Levi) PL10 Land Whale
                      Yes pathfinderq1 Charger 2.0 (AJ Sullivan) PL9 Flying Speedster
                      Yes Star Guard Darkstar (Brian Thomas) PL11 Density manipulator
                      Yes CaptainChaos Starlight (Sarah Simon) PL9 Energy Controller: Light/Magical Girl
                      If you don't like the Mini-description I gave for your character, let me know and I'll update it.

And the option to do a new or updated impressions post is still on the table.
                      Last edited by jmucchiello; 11-25-2018, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Posting interest.

Comment

I am also interested:

https://roninarmy.com/threads/7978-F...l=1#post272184
                          What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening? I don't know, but I trapped it in my bedroom. Send help.

Comment

Sure, I like Graystuff enough to throw my hat into the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolución View Post
                              You sir are a hero and a gentleman.
                              https://roninarmy.com/threads/7978-F...l=1#post272004
                              Your character adds up to 166. You have Luck 6. 4 is the maximum at PL9. So you save two points there.

Your bots have a 45 point array but the eyebeam power, as wriiten, is 46 points. Taking away a level of improved critical seems like the simplest fix.

The minions also seem to built on 110 points. Note, the bots do not have Will 9 they have Will NONE because they lack Int and Pre.
                              Intellect: A creature with no Intellect is an automaton, lacking free will and operating entirely on simple instinct or pre-programmed instructions. Anything with no Intellect is immune to mental effects and interaction skills and has no Will defense.
                              Presence: Creatures without Presence are unable to interact and immune to interaction skills. They have no Will defense.
                              Also the area of effect blast powers say they work out to 45 feet but AOE Blast 1ppr is 30 feet and 2ppr is 60 feet. So the reaction triggers are at the edge of the blast radius.

1 down....
                              Last edited by jmucchiello; 11-25-2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X