Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vigilantes - Issue #1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Vigilantes - Issue #1

    Dataminer

    Status: Fatigued
    -Rommie: Integrated
    HP: 1
    ----------

    Julien for a moment looks inward. While he knows that such information could easily be privy to him with a bit of bruteforce magic, there are easier and quicker methods to obtain that information. He feels the sapient program with his mind perk up at the unspoken invitation, and a sensation of interest floods through him.

    "It's been awhile since I've had the chance to stretch my legs, so to speak. Even if it's just for long enough to muster some information out of a primitive OS."

    He involuntarily nods his head, looking at blink meaningfully.
    I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

    Comment


    • Re: Vigilantes - Issue #1

      Blink

      "A cell phone?" He says. "I suppose these crooks might be dumb enough to bring a cell phone on a job. After all, if you subpoena the cell provider, you can get a GPS trace of where the cell phone goes, showing the crook in the vicinity of the crime. I'll see what I can do."

      When he was detected, he made a point of finding a new location to teleport to. He returns to that spot. He decides he will not take steps any more if he can help it. He'll teleport from hiding place to hiding place. He blending power will hopefully keep him from being seen if he isn't moving.

      Comment


      • Re: Vigilantes - Issue #1

        Blink
        HP:2, Condition: Normal

        After a couple quick hops, James slows down and makes sure not to walk around too much. He spots a few places to blink to in order to get closer and soon he can hear talking. Two men are chatting. There's no good hiding place on the other side of the room to see the person called Digger but he can see several of the goons standing around when they should be alert. One of the men moves to a darker part of the tunnel. James times his jump perfectly ending up behind the guy. He lifts his phone off of him easily before blinking to a yet another location. From there he can see several of the goons have left their weapons sitting alone nearby but accessible. James can tell they aren't paying attention. In a blink, he pops over to the guns and removes the ammo cartridges from about four of them before hopping back to the group.

        "Wow, they are low security," he says as he appears. He hands the phone to DM. "See what you can do with this. I found a few guns lying around so I removed their ammo." He shows off the cartridges. "Let's get moving before they discover the missing clips."

        Comment


        • Re: Vigilantes - Issue #1

          Dataminer

          Status: Fatigued
          -Rommie: Manifested
          HP: 1
          ----------

          "Their overconfidence will be their downfall." Julien says, taking the offered phone. "Alright. I would normally have preferred to keep this hidden longer, but we don't have time on our side for me to just brute-force it. Time for some outside help. Take what I'm about to show you as a sign of my trust."

          Taking care to make sure he's fully hidden behind cover, Julien holds out his hand with it's fingers clawing inward. The tattoos on his arm briefly flash, and then seem to pulse. From his head all the way down to his fingers. In the midst of his hand a digitization of a human heart takes shape, beating in tune with the pulses of light. A human shaped shell forms with the heart as it's core, with the mage pulling his hand back just as the shell seems to snap into place.

          An ethereal woman of blue cranes her neck to one side, before shaking out an arm as if to wake it up. "Been awhile since I've had legs, Julien. You shouldn't keep me cooped up in that head of yours for so long, it can make a girl stir-crazy." While he snorts in response, she smiles at the other gathered Vigilantes. "Hello boys, girls. I'm Rommie, this man's imaginary friend. Pleasure to work with you today."

          "We can save introductions for later. Rommie, you know why I called you out here." The man palms the cellphone into her semi-opaque hands.

          "Can't let a girl catch a break at all. Fine, let's listen to what it has to say..." Holding it out in front of her face, her mouth opens again but only gibberish seems to spill fourth.

          Summoning Rommie, so that she can use her Tech Empathy to gather the information we need.
          I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

          Comment


          • Re: Vigilantes - Issue #1

            GM:

            Rommie communicates with the phone. It, of course, doesn't have an IA, so the conversation is very bland as she bypasses the phone's password and roots about for information and finds Hook's number listed as "? Boss" in the phone's contacts. If she checks the text messages in hopes of finding any information about the heist, she really only finds a few raunchy conversations between the owner of this phone and some other goons, nothing with Hook. There's a little bit about Digger, whom it seems the goons are not terribly thrilled about, think he's got a big ego because he's basically a lynchpin of this plan, whatever it exactly is.

            That being said, obviously they intend to go into the bank from underground, though there are five tunnels and the large trucks.

            Comment


            • Re: Vigilantes - Issue #1

              Dataminer

              Status: Fatigued
              -Rommie: Manifested
              HP: 1
              ----------

              After Rommie communicates what she's learned, Julien feels a plan at the edge of his mind. "Instead of trying to find him and mow our way through these guys, how about I just nip their boss here and we deal with him right off the bat. It's a risky maneuver, but if it pays off it'll be worth it's weight in gold. If it doesn't... Well, we would've had to confront them one way or another. Blink, Damien, Starlight, and Kala. You four get ready to lay down the hurt the moment he shows up. Rommie, you're not combat ready and I don't want villains seeing you just yet. I need you to tell the phone to dial Hook's contact listing in one minute, and right after you do cancel your manifestation."

              The holographic woman seems to pout, though she relents in the end. "Fine. But I'm getting some time to myself outside your head after once this is over."

              Not willing to argue with her terms and conditions, he nods his head and she get's ready to play her roll.

              After she puts the dialing on timer, Julien will ready to link up through the phone to Hook and execute his powerstunt. I'll be using my HP to negate being pushed to Exhaustion.
              I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

              Comment


              • Re: Vigilantes - Issue #1

                Blink
                HP: 2, Condition: Normal

                "Try to have him appear near me if possible," he says. "I'll hit him and blink away." Blink stands not far from DM and waits.

                Comment


                • Re: Vigilantes - Issue #1

                  GM:

                  Once Dataminer concludes his mental incantation and performed the necessary steps to cast the intended spell, there is a flurry of energy in the way of data given form that seems to be absorbed into the phone as it seeks out its target.

                  It's only a few seconds but feels like a tense hour until the phone's vibration tone, that would normally indicate a phonecall, goes off and in a flash of light, Hook is suddenly standing there, looking perplexed with his phone to his ear in his good hand.

                  The gang leader is a bear of a man with a massive technological prosthetic arm that is the cause of his nom de guerre with a hook that looks big and tough enough to go shark fishing. "What the fu-..?!"

                  Roll initiative.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Vigilantes - Issue #1

                    Dataminer

                    Status: Fatigued
                    -Rommie: Integrated
                    HP: 0
                    ----------

                    "Ta-da." Julien declares monotonously, while presenting the disoriented villain like a common magician would his reappearing assistant.

                    3
                    ...Eh, I played my role.
                    I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Vigilantes - Issue #1

                      Blink
                      HP: 2, Condition: Normal
                      Initiative: 1d20+10 21

                      If he's still standing next to Hook, he attempts a nerve strike. And probably misses. He then teleports away out of sight (like around a nearby corner).


                      Nerve Strike Fort DC 18: 1d20+6 14
                      (Nerve Strike: Cumulative Affliction 8 - 1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Immobile, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Resisted by: Fortitude; Extras: Accurate 2 (+4), Cumulative; Descriptors: Biological, Technological)

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X