Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freedom League: Rebirth (OOC, Recruiting 1)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freedom League: Rebirth

For anyone wondering what kind of heroes I'm looking for, the players so far are as follows:

The Doctor: Depowered Crime Fighter with plague doctor theme

Zorra: Modern incarnation of Zorro with a futuristic katana

Cyborg: A female cyborg with a mysterious past.

Shutterbug: A bug themed superhero with wall crawling powers (among others)

Basically, anything that doesn't sound like one of those four characters will have a chance of getting in. Good backstories will help out a lot as well.
    What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening? I don't know, but I trapped it in my bedroom. Send help.

Comment

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (OOC, Recruiting 1)

Would a battlesuit be considered to similar, to the other characters?

Comment

Black Lotus

Strength 0, Stamina 4, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 5, Intellect 6, Awareness 5, Presence 0

Advantages
        All-out Attack, Contacts, Eidetic Memory, Luck, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Ritualist

Skills
        Close Combat: Shadowcaster 2 (+7), Expertise: Journalism 2 (+8), Expertise: Magic 4 (+10), Insight 1 (+6), Investigation 2 (+8), Perception 3 (+8), Ranged Combat: Shadowcaster 4 (+4)

Powers
        Shadowcaster (Removable)
        . . Flight: Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
        . . Force Field: Force Field 9 (+9 Toughness; Impervious [4 extra ranks])
        . . Immunity: Immunity 10 (Life Support)
        . . Quick Change: Into Costume: Feature 1
        . . Shadow Bolts: Energy Control 13 (DC 28; Multiattack)
        . . . . Shadow Bands: Cumulative Affliction 13 (Alternate; 1st degree: Impaired, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Immobile, Defenseless, DC 23; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
        . . . . Shadow Drain: Concentration Weaken 13 (Alternate; Affects: Stamina, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 23; Concentration, Increased Range: ranged)
        . . . . Shadow Forms: Create 9 (Alternate; Volume: 500 cft., DC 19; Impervious, Precise, Selective, Stationary, Tether)
        . . . . Shadow Portal: Teleport 6 (Alternate; Carry 50 lbs.; Accurate, Easy, Extended: 60 miles in 2 move actions, Portal; Limited to Extended)
        . . . . Shadow Servants: Move Object 13 (Alternate; 200 tons, DC 28; Damaging)
        . . . . Shadow Weapons
        . . . . . . Shadow Infection: Affliction 13 (Linked; 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Resisted by: Will, DC 23; Split: 2 targets, Reach (melee) 3: 15 ft.)
        . . . . . . Shadow Strikes: Strike 13 (Linked; DC 28; Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Incurable, Reach (melee) 3: 15 ft., Split: 2 targets, Variable Descriptor: close group - Weapon Types)

Offense
        Initiative +0
        Grab, +5 (DC Spec 10)
        Shadow Bands: Cumulative Affliction 13, +7 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 23)
        Shadow Bolts: Energy Control 13, +7 (DC 28)
        Shadow Drain: Concentration Weaken 13, +7 (DC Fort 23)
        Shadow Infection: Affliction 13, +7 (DC Will 23)
        Shadow Servants: Move Object 13, +7 (DC 28)
        Shadow Strikes: Strike 13, +7 (DC 28)
        Throw, +3 (DC 15)
        Unarmed, +5 (DC 15)

Complications
        Addiction: Shadowcaster: The Shadowcaster feeds off of life force. If it doesn't drain from a living being regularly, it can start to feed off its host.
        Enemy: The Nightwatch: Since stealing the Shadowcaster from Viktor von Nacht, Black Lotus has been on the run from the vampire and his minions. She is one of the few heroes to know the nature of the Nightwatch but knows she is no match for all of them on her own. With no way to prove what she knows, she and the Nightwatch are in something of a stalemate at the moment.
        Weakness: Light/Fire: The Shadowcaster's shadows are particularly vulnerable to light or fire based attacks.
        Secret: Infected: Black Lotus is in the early stages of vampirism. Although the Shadowcaster keeps the condition from advancing, she fears it is only a matter of time before she loses herself to become Nacht's thrall.
        Identity: Carolyn Hargrove: Carolyn works as a reporter for the Freedom Ledger.

Defense
        Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 10, Toughness 13, Will 10

Power Points
        Abilities 40 + Powers 72 + Advantages 9 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 150

Background:Carolyn Hargrove was a hungry reported for The Freedom Ledger chasing the story she was certain would make her career. She was determined to find information about the mysterious Nightwatch. Although her colleagues believed that chasing the shadowy supergroup was only slightly less futile than a footrace with Johnny Rocket, Lyn was undeterred. After months of dead ends, she thought she'd gotten lucky one night when she managed to follow Virago. Unfortunately, she had fallen into their trap. All the months she'd spent trying to follow the Nightwatch, they'd been watching her. She was captured by the superheroes and discovered their secret. They were vampires, using the guise of superhuman heroes to operate openly while they worked toward their own dark ends. Lyn was dragged to the feet of Viktor von Nacht, the ancient vampire that operated under the guise of Dr. Twilight. She was told that he would become his latest servant, turning her investigative skills to his purposes. She was bitten and left to languish in their headquarters as the transformation began to take hold.

In her desperation, she found an artifact in the Baron's collection that offered her salvation. A strange black ring that the Baron kept immersed in holy water to keep his spawn from touching it. He had not yet figured out the artifact's powers, only that it belonged to a necromancer he killed many years before. But the holy water posed no barrier to Lyn and unlike the unliving Baron, she still held the spark of life the Shadowcaster required to function. It activated and with its incredible powers, she broke free of the Nightwatch. She sought out the help of Adrian Eldrich, a scholar on ancient artifacts, in the hopes of at least figuring out what the ring was. Eldrich was shocked to see the Shadowcaster and explained just what a powerful and dangerous weapon she wielded. With Eldrich's help, she gained control of the Shadowcaster and enough of the mystic world to hold her own. Though she knew she was still no match for the Nightwatch, she was tired of hiding. The sudden appearance of a new Freedom League, bringing hope in the darkness, gave Lyn the courage to start operating more openly in her fight against evil.
        Last edited by The_Watchman; 05-20-2014, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Plan b - Cyborg would be the closest we have to a battle suit, and she's already similar to Zorra, so I'm not really worried about similarities.

Comment

The Gentry Gentleman

Concept: Fortune's Favorite.

Traits: An acrobatic and wise-cracking vigilante who stumbled onto the possessions of his great-great-great-great-great-grandfather, the infamous Wild Eye. A man who had claimed to visit a land of fairies and returned with magical trinkets, though it became apparent that the price for such matters was high, as his sanity and morals were a shadow of what they'd been before his disappearance. Of course, all that time in the iron box had done much to drain the chaotic energies which had made such a nuisance of their last owner. A spark had been lingering within the bloodline of that particular family and was just enough to make the items spring back to life. With them he's having the time of his life and managing to do a lot more good than harm.

Still makes the worst puns.

Abilities - 58 Points
            Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 4, Fighting 8, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 4.

Powers - 52 Points
            Charmed Coin Necklace: Luck Control 4 (All Options). Protection 3. - 15 Points

Grasshopper's Boots: Enhanced Defenses (Dodge 2 and Parry 2). Leaping 2. Speed 3. Strength-based Damage 1. - 10 Points.

Otherworldly Arsenal: Array, 24 Points. - 27 Points
            - Dragon's Breath Ring: Ranged Multiattack Damage 8. - 24 Points
            - Rosewood Wand: Perception Range Move Object 8, Damaging. - 1 Point
            - Silver Pocketwatch: Ranged Affliction 8 (Resisted by Will. Impaired/Vulnerable, Defenseless/Disabled), Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Cumulative. - 1 Point
            - Magic Mirror: Deflect 12, Reflect. - 1 Point

Advantages - 8 Points
            Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 2, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 4.

Skills - 13 Points
            Acrobatics 12 (+15), Deception 4 (+8), Insight 4 (+7), Ranged Combat: Otherworldly Arsenal 4 (+12), Sleight of Hand 6 (+10).

Offenses
            Initiative +7
            Boot to the Head: +8, Close Damage, Toughness DC 18.
            Otherworldly Arsenal: +12, Effect and DC Varies.

Defenses - 19 Points
            Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8, Will 8.

Total: Abilities 58 + Powers 52 + Advantages 8 + Skills 13 + Defenses 19 = 150 Points

Notes: Still a work in progress, apologies if this is a bit late for me to be entering something.
            Failures, Successes, and Everything Else: Nillaman's Roster

Comment

Patriot III

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0/13, STAMINA 0/13, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Intimidation 6 , Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 4, Ranged Combat (guns) 6, Insight 4 (+3), Technology 8 (+16) [Inventor], Treatment 4 (+12), Unarmed combat 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Inventor, Power Attack, Jack of all trades,

POWERS:
              Powersuit: (95, removable -1 rank) 76.

Multi spectrum vision enhancement (Penetrates concealment) 4pts

Enhanced Strength 13 16pts
              Enhanced Stamina 13 16pts

Flight 7

Weapon System: 23+3
              Rocket pods: Damage 10 ranged Accurate 2 Homing
              AP Tazer fist: Affliction 10: Resisted by will dazed and vunerable, stunned (Limited effect, extra effect) (linked to unarmed)
              AP Liquid Cement Guns: Affication 10: Resisted by dodge Slowed, immoblised, incap: Ranged Accurate 2, Reversable
              AP Plasma Burner: Damage 10 Cone secondary effect 3

EQUIPMENT:

OFFENSE:
              Initiative +0

Unarmed +7 [Damage +13]
              Ranged Attack (+10)

DEFENSES:
              Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
              Toughness +13 , Fortitude +13, Will +7

Abilities 34 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 76 + Defenses 18 = 150/ 150

Background to come

Comment

I'll be posting the IC forum really soon and finishing the chapter we were on in the old forum. Then I'll pick someone from the players who've submitted.
                What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening? I don't know, but I trapped it in my bedroom. Send help.

Comment

Also, while I'm here, does anyone know if XeroKhan made the transition over to the new forum?

He's been silent for a while....

Comment

As of last Saturday on the old ATT:

Originally posted by XeroKhan
                    Okay, so I had finished moving what I can to RoninArmy yesterday and saw that I was unable to post, so I figured that waiting a day might fix things. I just checked it, and I still cannot post or create threads. Can somebody help a fellow gamer out?
                    I don't know if he followed through on any of the advice he was given (email Sassy directly, rather than PMing), but I don't see his name in the Member List. There's a "Count Xero" and a Xeronoia, neither of whom have posted.
                    Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat

Comment

Originally posted by dreamking89 View Post
                      Also, while I'm here, does anyone know if XeroKhan made the transition over to the new forum?

He's been silent for a while....
                      He's not on the user list yet.

Comment

Just a quick bump to remind everyone that I'm still recruiting one (maybe two) more heroes. We're wrapping up the current adventure, so I'll keep the recruiting open until Friday. After that I'll review the new submissions and pick one (or two) out.

Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Well, Archon's at the top of page two, so that's my submission. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Alright everyone! We had some great submissions. So great actually, that I decided to pick out two submissions.

They are.....

Archon- Kenmadragon

Black Lotus- The Watchman

I still have some planning to do for the adventure, so keep an eye on the IC forum and I'll be starting things up again soon.

Also, does anyone know how to change the title of a forum in these new threads?

Comment

Edit: nevermind
                              Last edited by badpenny; 05-19-2014, 07:10 AM.
                              Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat

Comment

Originally posted by badpenny View Post
                                Go to your first post and click on Go Advanced in the lower right corner.
                                doesnt work. I tried that with my thread. it changes the title of the first post but not the thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X