Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vigilantes (Recruiting)

Originally posted by EpicEclipse View Post
    On a similar note.. I am noticing a trend of non-registered vigilantes with no secret identities. While in a normal supers game, the secret identity is more or less taken for granted, but in this setting it's actually a valuable asset to be able to move about regular society, keeping in mind that there are scanners for all three powers types. A feature alone is enough to establish a fake ID with Feature: Cipher making it a more... entrenched... fake identity, harder to following the string to find that the identity is fake by 5 each rank of cipher.

Granted, you don't NEED to do the secret identity thing. That's more for utilizing avenues that you can't without, but I just wanted to make the concept of having a secret identity a bit more meaningful than it normally us
    The secret identity thing is kind of new to me since I've usually played characters who, for one reason or another, basically couldn't pull off a secret identity. I do have a character in the works who I would like to try using a secret identity with. I have her down as a Norm at the moment, although you might rule that her abilities go beyond what would be possible for a Norm.
    It's Onion Bubs, not Onion Bulbs. Noel, Noel, my name has no l.
    I create characters and put them here when I can be bothered.

Currently playing:

Comment

I assume this isn't directed at Blink. He is registered. He just has additional abilities that he's kept hidden. Hiding intellect as a child when you have two paranoid parents who "don't want to lose their only child to the Suits" should have made it easy to sandbag tests while he was still learning the material.

I'm thinking I need to give him a trigger for when he went from mild-mannered PI to vigilante.

Comment

This is still a work in progress. I have up to 16 more points. I'm thinking something like an enchanted lasso (nothing to do with truth-telling, just grappling/swinging/etc.) and some miscellaneous gear like that. Let me know what you think. She's not overly powerful but I really like the way the build is shaping up.

Dusk and Night Sky

Jessica James

Dusk Jessica James
        Legacy of an Ancient Outlaw
        PL 8 150

"I ride because I want to protect people. Because it's what Grandma would do. Justice? Justice isn't a six-shooter, a steed, or punching a bad guy's teeth out. No, justice is when good people ride for their fellow men and women because it's the right thing to do. Because they can. Because sometimes, the law overlooks those most in need of its protection."

Abilities & Skills
        STR 3
        Athletics 7 (+10)

STA 5

AGI 4
        Acrobatics 6 (+10)

DEX 7
        Ranged Combat: Guns 1 (+8)

FHT 5

INT 3
        Expertise: Science 6 (+9)

AWE 5
        Insight 3 (+8)
        Perception 5 (+10)

PRE 3
        Intimidation 4 (+7)
        Fascinate (Intimidation)
        Inspire
        Leadership

Advantages
        Combat
        Accurate Attack
        Defensive Roll 3
        Evasion
        Quick Draw
        Takedown 2

Fortune
        Luck
        Ultimate Effort (Aim)

General
        Extraordinary Effort

Skill
        Attractive
        Fascinate (Intimidation)
        Inspire
        Leadership
        Skill Mastery: Athletics

Powers & Equipment
        Calamity Jane Array 18 (23), Easily Removable -10, Indestructible 1 (Total: 14) An enchanted six-shooter passed down through the generations
        Trick Shot: Damage 8, Increased Range +1r, Homing +1, Precise +1 18
        Silver Bullet: Damage 8 (magic), Affects Insubstantial +2, Increased Range +1r 18/1
        Electric Cowgirl: Afflict 6 (EMP; Impaired, Disabled, Transformed), Affects Only Objects +0, Area: Burst +1r, Increased Range +1r 18/1
        Campfire Tale: Damage 8 (fire), Area: Line +1r, Secondary Effect +1r, Split +2, Fades -1r 18/1
        Fan the Hammer: Damage 8, Increased Range +1r, Multiattack +1r, Distracting -1r 16/1
        Eagle's Piercing Gaze: Damage 8, Increased Range +1r, Penetrating +8, Distracting +1r 16/1

Summon Night Sky 12 Dusk summons her horse, Night Sky, from the starry night-tales of the Old West.
        Speed 5 (60 MPH) 5
        Movement 4 (Safe Fall, Sure-Footed 2, Water-Walking); Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling), Limited: Only While Moving -1r 9
        Activation: Standard -2

Legendary Cowgirl 50 When Jessica assumes the mantle of Dusk, she becomes as a folk hero walking straight out of legend.
        Feature 2 (Quick Change, Special Effect) 2
        Fastest in the West: Enhanced Abilities 18 (Agility 4, Dexterity 5, Presence 3, Stamina 3, Strength 3) 36
        Running Horse Leap: Leaping 2 (30 feet) 2
        Eagle-Eyed Outlaw: Senses 5 (Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended Vision, Low-Light Vision, Rapid Vision) 5
        Tough as Old Horseshoe Nails: Immunity 6 (cold, disease, heat, poison, radiation, suffocation), Limited: Half Effect -1r; Regeneration 2 5

Old River Trail (Enchanted Bullwhip) 10 (6), Easily Removable -4 A super-strong bullwhip that can be used to swing from high places or bind foes.
        Movement 1 (Swinging) 2
        Damage 4, Disarming, Grabbing, Reach 2 8

Lucky Canteen 3 (1), Easily Removable -2 A bulletproof canteen that can produce an endless supply of drinkable water for the dusty trails!
        Feature 3 (create drinkable water, 1/8 cft./round) 3

Combat
        Calamity Jane +8 Ranged Damage 8 A variety of effects can empower each shot from the magical revolver

Dodge 8 Parry 8
        Toughness 8 (5) Fortitude 8 Will 8

Abilities 28 Skills 12 Advantages 13 Defenses 13 Powers 83 Total: 150

Complications
        Responsibility: As the latest in a long line of legacies, Jessica owes her heritage to use her gifts in the pursuit of justice.
        Honor: As Dusk, she must be better than the thugs and thieves she battles.
        Power Loss: If deprived of Calamity Jane for an extended period of time, Jessica loses her Legendary Cowgirl powers.
        Quirk: Even in her civilian guise, Jessica often finds herself drawn to the presence of outlaws and injustice, and strange things hinting at legends echo in the world around her.
        Secret Identity: Jessica James takes on a disguise when she becomes Dusk, but her enemies might learn who she is and use it to threaten her. Plus, she's still a shy college girl who finds herself inexorably drawn into being a larger-than-life hero!

History
        Jessica James was an average girl with above-average intelligence and a desire to study the worlds of people past. She studied archaeology and related pursuits in college. A year ago, she was called by her aunt Maya: their grandmother, Julia James, had passed on and Maya needed Jessie's help for the estate sale. Wishing she'd spent more time getting to know her grandmother's amazing life, Jessica traveled to the deep south to help her aunt take care of the sale. In cleaning out her grandmother's house, she found in the attic a dusty old box full of old western-style pictures, a well-worn hat...and a silver revolver inscribed with many runes from different cultures. She took up the revolver and, to her surprise, found that she had changed. Walking through legend and memory, she was a gunslinger on an ancient trail, fanning the hammer of justice! Returning out of the vision, she found her aunt awaiting with an explanation. Julia, Jessica's grandmother, was the heir to an ancient legacy: the wielder of the artifact Calamity Jane, which transforms its wielder into a legendary folk hero straight out of the Old West. In this time where vigilantes must fight against injustice, Jessie's grandmother had thought her worthy of taking up the mantle of Dusk, the Evening Star.

Since then, under her aunt's guidance (who served as the previous Dusk's sidekick for many years), Jessica now must balance fighting injustice with college life!

Personality
        Jessica James is a rather quiet, shy girl, more focused on studies and pursuing her goals than socializing. She's more at home in the dusty ruins of an ancient civilization, or unearthing the artifacts of a lost people and telling their stories. Even so, she has a quiet strength about her, and despises the strong preying upon the weak. Since becoming Dusk, elements of that larger-than-life persona have infused her personality. Jessica finds herself drawn to greatness and grand gestures even without wanting to, and when transformed, she becomes a living legend, capable of inspiring the good, frightening the bad, and all definitely without being ugly!

Powers and Abilities
        Jessica is a bright girl, with a quick wit and a natural athleticism that she hones in the gym. Since taking up the mantle of Dusk, she became greatly enhanced by the artifact's magic. Calamity Jane's power infuses her body, granting her heightened physical abilities like a legendary folk hero. She can run faster, leap higher, endure longer, all befitting a servant of justice fighting on the hot, dangerous trails of the Old West. Her senses are sharper, and her reflexes are quicker. In addition, she can summon Night Sky, a steed literally conjured from the starry night skies of the Wild West, who can run much faster than any mortal steed, or even across water and up walls! She also has access to a canteen that can create an endless amount of pure water, and a bullwhip that can bind up her foes or let her swing upon chandeliers.

The revolver itself, Calamity Jane, is a powerful weapon with an array of magical effects. The standard shot allows for some fancy shootin', Tex, but by spinning the chamber, she can unleash other effects: a Silver Bullet that can affect supernatural foes, the Electric Cowgirl which functions as an EMP, a Campfire Tale that is a handheld flamethrower, and she can Fan the Hammer to unload a lot of rounds at once, or Eagle's Piercing Gaze, an armor-piercing bullet.

Post Template
        [img]https://i.imgur.com/Sd8rKum.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/acynXJi.png[/img]
        [SIZE=4][B]Jessica/Dusk HP 1[/B][/SIZE]
        [SIZE=1][B]Status [/B] -[/SIZE]

Post.
        Last edited by Lara Croft; 12th November 2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmucchiello View Post
          I assume this isn't directed at Blink. He is registered. He just has additional abilities that he's kept hidden. Hiding intellect as a child when you have two paranoid parents who "don't want to lose their only child to the Suits" should have made it easy to sandbag tests while he was still learning the material.

I'm thinking I need to give him a trigger for when he went from mild-mannered PI to vigilante.
          So, I wasn't super clear on this, but typically, an apex has one power and effects that derive from that singular power. You have him listed as being partially registered with teleportation and regeneration, but he's also got intellect and that "martial arts are also part of his powers". So you're going to need to consider altering the nature of some of those powers, or weave them in a way that they come from a single power.

Also, in reading through, you say his HUD Mask is just a domino mask, so I am wondering what kind of tech extend protection to his other non-covered senses, not to mention protects him from suffocation. I'd initially pictured something along the lines of the helmet Star Lord wears in Guardians of the Galaxy, so didn't question it before.

1) How a available is the testing technology for the Apex Gene?
          - are we talking home pregnancy kit or forensic DNA analysis that takes weeks?
          Mainly restricted to law enforcement. All three devices are hand-held scanners the size of a speed gun and work just as fast. These aren't typically available to the public, but law enforcement is pretty agreeable to doing a scan when requested. The scannners are all also uploaded dailiy with the current registry, so anyone who is registered will show up with the details of what they have registered. The scanners themselves only pick up the most basic thing... the apex gene, mana potential and the presense of tech, all via biological scan. It does not give them insight to the nature of any apex gene, or mana potential they pick up if there is no registry file, however, not having a registry fiile is like as not to draw suspision. There HAVE been mishaps where someone with a high mana potential was taken in as a unregistered Mage, despite not actually knowing any magic, much less that they possess a high mana potential.

2) At what age / ages is testing done for the Apex Gene?
          - is testing done at birth, elementary school, high school, what grades?
          I think you have the wrong idea. Testing EVERY child is a huge waste of funding when most won't have the apex gene. It's not a 50%+ chance of occurance after all. If one is to manifest an apex gene, it will show up somewhere between aged 6 and 8 and is fairly obvious in that the child exhibits a high fever as their body adjusts to the powers awakening inside them. That's when the apex gene becomes apparent to an apex scanner. Again, it gives no insight to what power an apex will have, that sort of comes out over the next few years, but the mandatory apex schools I mention for apexes start at those ages. The academic portion of these schools is the same as regular schools, the only real difference is that the size of the schools is pretty small, numbering a few dozen kids at most, and the addition of a class revolving around the use of powers in a theoretical and practical sense. It's fairly generalized due to the varied nature of apex powers and is NOT about strengthening powers, but identifying the foundation each apex has, and making assessments each year on growth and potential for the purposes of possible scouting. They also have school uniforms.

3) what circumstances would trigger further testing?
          - airports, government job/buildings, when arrested ?
          Law enforcement can really bust out the scanner on their own discresion, so really anything that gets their attention is likely to garner a scanning so they have an idea of what they are dealing with. It doubles as obtaining identification from people on the registry. If they use the scanner and get a negative on all three fronts, then they do the regular cop thing, approach, ask for ID, etc etc.

So, to answer the question more specifically..... airports for sure have scanners employed for all passengers basically at the same checkpoint as the metal detectors, if you've been arrested, you've probably already been scanned, but it may happen after arresting if they didn't have the chance prior for whatever reason. For emlpoyment, employers typicallly want to know if you are a registered Power, and in some cases, such as security work or anywhere you would get a background check, an applicant may have to submit to being scanned in the same fashion as part of the background check.

So, Powers are common enough to warrant scanners to be implemented into regular circulation and procedure, but if one were careful, it is possible to go through modern society while avoiding scanners. Apexes have the harder time fully hiding that they are apexes since thier powers manifest early in an obvious way, and only parents that would break the law would not get their kid checked when they get that kind of fever and register them should an apex gene be present. Mages and techs on the other hand can become mages and techs at any age really, so are much more likely to escape being registered, and again, so long as they exersize caution, and understand they would be restricted from certain places, can also evade being scanned.

Comment

Hmm... What happens if they scan what is effectively empty space? Dataminer's Sensor Ghosts is meant to bend the data in things to actively ignore certain subjects as if they weren't there. IE, full concealment from all senses.
            I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Malsyn View Post
              Hmm... What happens if they scan what is effectively empty space? Dataminer's Sensor Ghosts is meant to bend the data in things to actively ignore certain subjects as if they weren't there. IE, full concealment from all senses.
              An interesting question! Yes, it would render the subjects invisible to the scanners, so they would pick up absolutely nothing, but you're forgetting one function of the scanner; picking up active magic use. So while you might make yourselves concealed, the effect itself isn't concealed.

Mechanically, the Scanners work as Ranged Magic, Mana, Tech and Apex Awareness with Acute and Accurate and a Concentration Duration and Easily Removeable. And most importantly, Counters Concealment on Magic Awareness (But not the others, because I'm not a jerk xD) So they aren't always on or anything. They are scanners, not detectors.

So that means it's not like they have them out all the time scanning things. There's no point in it. There IS a way around them with Datamine's power set, but I'm not gonna spoil it.

Comment

So, I wasn't super clear on this, but typically, an apex has one power and effects that derive from that singular power.
                This is not mentioned anywhere in the OP. I assumed a Apex gene was a group of powers. Usually they would be linked together but that this was not required. Blink is NOT a single power with extra effects in any way shape or form.

Also, in reading through, you say his HUD Mask is just a domino mask, so I am wondering what kind of tech extend protection to his other non-covered senses, not to mention protects him from suffocation. I'd initially pictured something along the lines of the helmet Star Lord wears in Guardians of the Galaxy, so didn't question it before.
                I was seeing the domino mask as having hightech eye openings that act as a HUD and the fabric of the mask actually clings to the face with a molecular seal to provide the rebreather effects. The reason it is a domino mask is so he can roll it up and tuck it into his shirt pocket where it looks like a handkerchief. He probably has a spare mask in the laboratory of his base.

I'm not sure how to rework this. I think I'm going to give him multiple Apex genes and how that works is going to be ... something else. Here goes:

James was raised by his father. He never knew his mother. His mother was a Apex Intellect working for a corporation. She worked in gene splicing and when she discovered a way to imbue Apex gene complexes in utero. But once they were imbued, they morphed and were not detectable using the normal Apex detecting protocols. She knew she could not let the Suits know that she could do this. Successful experiments performed on a lab "rats" (destitute people literary found in alleys and brought into labs), she would arrange for those women to fail to carry to term. The postmortems would always show that the genes were successful imbued to the offspring but the offspring were apparently not viable. After this she became pregnant and she went into a panic/madness episode where she injected her offspring with various Apex genes. She also built an artificial womb and managed to have it smuggled out of the corporation and to her husband who lived outside. Then she managed transfer her child to the artificial womb. Most of this occurred in the first trimester and the corp never knew she was pregnant. James was born in his grandmother's home with only his father, grandparents and an aunt present. By law, his father is considered his uncle and his mother is his father's "sister" who died in childbirth in a rural (read: off the grid) town in Montana.

The Apex treatments explain why he is high-strength, high-stamina, high-intellect, regenerative, and can teleport. The normal Apex detection protocols can detect his teleportation. The regeneration can be seen experimentally. The rest he hides. From an early age, it has been drilled into his head that he must not let them find out what he can do. His father has not told him who his real mother is. He knows the cover story is a falsehood and someday, he plans to dig into the mystery.

EDIT: His father did not register James' Apex manifestation. James manifested over the summer when he was 7 and his father hid it, being a doctor, he could treat him at home. When James turned 18 and wanted to be able to move around in society, he registered himself as a teleporter. When asked, he said he never remembered being sick as a child and he only noticed he was able to teleport in the past few weeks. His range testing showed he was only a short range teleporter and that he had trouble teleporting to unseen places. (He faked not having the Accurate extra.) He had been hiding his abilities for several years at this point and being able to admit to some of them lifted a bit of burden from him.
                Last edited by jmucchiello; 28th October 2018, 12:17 AM.

Comment

I still don't quite get how the domino mask protects his breathing and other senses, but I'm not all that hung up on it. Label it super science and call it it a day!

As for the other stuff, that re-edit of his backstory is dark, but it ertainly works. The idea of making the apex gene undetectable is an interesting one, it would make for some scary theory craft on what the Suits would do with undetectable apexes. Probably military, black ops type stuff, especially if they can get their hands on partcular high-yield apex genes.... could literally be like smuggling a nuke.

But his mom's freak out kind of makes sense, and jamming her own child with apex genes... yeesh...well, each one she injected him with is one less the group she worked for has access to unless they capture him and extract the genes.

Question, does he have his own natural apex gene, or are they all the undetectable injected ones? Because if the latter, registering any of them would be problematic if the scanners don't pick up at least one. Like.. he gets scanned, the scanner designates him as a non-powered person, yet he has a register file with an apex gene on it. it's suspicious, so they would attempt to detain him for questioning about it. By all accounts, it seems like a falce registry, and even if he shows them he actually does have an apex gene, the fact it doesn't scan would lead to the attempt to bring him in to study it (as far as they are concerned... word would likely get back to his mom's ex-coworkers who would know what was upand get involved to reclaim him)

Would probably be easier all around to have either one be a natural gene, or have none of them natural and he's not registered as an apex at all, keeping all his powers un the DL.

In any case, main point, the re-edit is workable, for sure. Introduces a pretty scary concept in the non-scanning apex genes and the possible applications of that, keeping in mind, that was developed YEARS ago by this point. Leaves to question whether the research got any further after what Blink's mother found out, or if it died in the water after some sabotage.

Comment

So that means it's not like they have them out all the time scanning things. There's no point in it. There IS a way around them with Datamine's power set, but I'm not gonna spoil it.
                    *Deep thinking* Hmmmmmmm...........

Comment

I still don't quite get how the domino mask protects his breathing and other senses, but I'm not all that hung up on it. Label it super science and call it it a day!
                      I was labeling is superscience. He somehow made fabric that works as a rebreather.

As for the other stuff, that re-edit of his backstory is dark, but it ertainly works. The idea of making the apex gene undetectable is an interesting one, it would make for some scary theory craft on what the Suits would do with undetectable apexes. Probably military, black ops type stuff, especially if they can get their hands on partcular high-yield apex genes.... could literally be like smuggling a nuke.

But his mom's freak out kind of makes sense, and jamming her own child with apex genes... yeesh...well, each one she injected him with is one less the group she worked for has access to unless they capture him and extract the genes.

Question, does he have his own natural apex gene, or are they all the undetectable injected ones? Because if the latter, registering any of them would be problematic if the scanners don't pick up at least one. Like.. he gets scanned, the scanner designates him as a non-powered person, yet he has a register file with an apex gene on it. it's suspicious, so they would attempt to detain him for questioning about it. By all accounts, it seems like a falce registry, and even if he shows them he actually does have an apex gene, the fact it doesn't scan would lead to the attempt to bring him in to study it (as far as they are concerned... word would likely get back to his mom's ex-coworkers who would know what was upand get involved to reclaim him)
                      Well, the scary nature of hidden Apexes is what freaked out his mother. I'm guessing she sabotaged and destroyed her notes involving the paths that work and presumably she would have moved on to some other project. I didn't think about her having fellow gene-splicing agents checking her work. It's your world.

I assumed the teleportation would be his personal Apex gene. The other abilities he has could all be a single gene: a paragon gene that gives you improved ability scores and regen. Or the could be a series of related genes. But these are the kinds of things a mother would want for her child: healthy, smart, resilient to injury. I don't think she grabbed Apex genes at random and shoved them into him. She wouldn't want him ending up with four arms.

Would probably be easier all around to have either one be a natural gene, or have none of them natural and he's not registered as an apex at all, keeping all his powers un the DL.
                      Didn't think of that. Nah. Everyone else is doing the unregistered Apex thing.

To add to the darkness, I was thinking about killing off the Father as the tipping point that sent James into Vigilantism. But I'm still on the fence for that. In theory, his father did stuff with some form of underground resistance. He could have "disappeared" after a botched mission. And James knows he hasn't just disappeared. The Suits got him. All his life his father has been badmouthing the Suits and now James knows why.

Comment

So I was thinking this character would be someone who does D&D or LARP and their vigilante persona is basically the character they created for their game. Such a character seems like they would best fit as a Norm but I want to check if their attributes are feasible for Norms or if they're beyond what a Norm could achieve.

Kala the Barbarian (PL 9)

(image by sir--render on DeviantArt)

Background and Stuff

Vigilante Name: Kala the Barbarian
                        Civilian Name: Chloe Beckett
                        Height: 5' 7"
                        Weight: 145 lbs

"I am Kala. I make hunting bows for clan, but I not hunter or fighter. Then frost giants come and make us slaves. I run away when they not see and I go find fighters to kill frost giants. But travel is dain-jruss and I have to fight to live. So I learn to fight and one day I will kill frost giants and clan will be free again!

"Oh wait, you want my story? Well my childhood wasn't anything special. My family had a modest income, I went to a decent school, and all that jazz. It probably would've been much more eventful if I were a Power. I guess I always had a keen interest in history, and I also liked doing martial arts.

"When things really started to get interesting was when I went to college. There I made friends with these guys who do live action roleplay. While it wasn't exactly historically accurate, it was really fun and it didn't stop me from taking inspiration from famous warriors of history for my barbarian character Kala.

"Thing is, tuition fees are expensive. I was lucky enough to have parents who had managed to put aside enough money to get me through college. A lot of students weren't so lucky. Some of them had to do favours for the local gangs in exchange for the money they needed. The kind of favours that give me the jibblies just thinking about them. Justin, one of the guys in the LARP group, was one such unfortunate soul.

"We all did what we could to help each other out, but then one day Justin just seems to drop off the face of the planet. After a couple of days of being unable to reach him, we learn that he's been murdered! The police have chalked it up to gang activity and they said they'd look into it but I haven't seen or heard anything to suggest that they have. Well I'm not about to let Justin's death be swept under the rug! If the police aren't going to deal with these gangs and stop them from callously killing good people like him, I will!"

Complications
                        • Motivation (Justice): Chloe will do anything to put an end to the gang activity in the city.
                        • Enemy: Chloe is particularly focused on bringing down the gang that used and killed Justin.
                        • Immersed: When in her Kala guise, Chloe will act as her LARP character, including the distinctive speech pattern, unusual names for modern things and references to things not in the real, present-day world.
                        • Identity: Nobody outside of Chloe's LARP group knows that Kala is Chloe's vigilante identity but, due to the group sharing stories about their roleplay sessions, some friends and other roleplayers outside the group will recognise the character's name.
                        • Power Loss: Everything in the Powers section is an item of some kind and can be taken away.
                        • Responsibility: Chloe still has to complete her education.

The Build

Abilities
                        • Strength: 4 (8pp)
                        • Stamina: 3 (6pp)
                        • Agility: 6 (12pp)
                        • Dexterity: 6 (12pp)
                        • Fighting: 7 (14pp)
                        • Intellect: 3 (6pp)
                        • Awareness: 2 (4pp)
                        • Presence: 1 (2pp)

Total PP: 64

Defences
                        • Dodge: 11 (6 AGI + 5pp)
                        • Parry: 11 (7 FGT + 4pp)
                        • Toughness: 7 (3 STA + 3 DR + 1 in Powers + 0pp)
                        • Fortitude: 9 (3 STA + 6pp)
                        • Will: 9 (2 AWE + 7pp)

Total PP: 22

Skills
                        • Acrobatics: 10 (+16 total; 3.33pp)
                        • Athletics: 10 (+14 total; 3.33pp)
                        • Close Combat (Spear): 4 (+11 total; 2pp)
                        • Expertise (History): 4 (+7 total; 1.33pp)
                        • Expertise (Streetwise): 2 (+5 total; 0.67pp)
                        • Insight: 9 (+11 total; 3pp)
                        • Intimidation: 9 (+10 total; 3pp)
                        • Investigation: 2 (+5 total; 0.67pp)
                        • Perception: 5 (+7 total; 1.67pp)
                        • Persuasion: 8 (+9 total; 2.67pp)
                        • Ranged Combat (Bow): 4 (+10 total; 2pp)
                        • Stealth 4 (+10 total; 1.33pp)

Total PP: 25

Advantages
                        • All-out Attack
                        • Assessment
                        • Connected (P)
                        • Daze (Intimidation)
                        • Defensive Roll 3
                        • Diehard
                        • Extraordinary Effort
                        • Great Endurance
                        • Improved Disarm
                        • Power Attack
                        • Skill Mastery 2 (Athletics, Insight)
                        • Startle
                        • Teamwork
                        • Weapon Bind

Total PP: 16

Powers
                        • Furs: Immunity 1 (Environmental Condition (Cold); Limited to half effect; 1pp)
                        • Leather Armour: Protection 1 (1pp)
                        • Weapons
                          • Spear: Strength-based Damage 3 (Improved Critical, Reach 1 (5 ft.); 5pp main)
                          • Bow: Ranged Damage 3 (Activation (move action); 1pp alt)

Total PP: 8

Offence
                        • Initiative: +6
                        • Bow: +10 to hit; DC 18
                        • Spear: +11 to hit; DC 22
                        • Grab: +7 to hit; DC 14
                        • Throw: +6 to hit; DC 19
                        • Unarmed: +7 to hit; DC 19

Power Point Tally
                        • Abilities: 64
                        • Powers: 8
                        • Skills: 25
                        • Advantages: 16
                        • Defences: 22
                        • Total: 135/135
                        Last edited by Onion Bubs; 9th November 2018, 06:34 AM. Reason: Added basic details and complications and 2 points to Intellect
                        It's Onion Bubs, not Onion Bulbs. Noel, Noel, my name has no l.
                        I create characters and put them here when I can be bothered.

Currently playing:

Comment

Roll Call

Player Character (and link) PL Registered Mini-description
                          Doctor Malsyn Dataminer (Julien Delcroix) PL8 No Cyberpath (Apex Mage Hybrid)
                          jmucchiello Blink (James Parnel) PL7 Partially Gadgeteer (Apex)
                          Star Guard Starlight (Claire Sanders) PL9 No Light-based flyer (Apex)
                          PauloDeWalshio Oni (Mako Wallice) PL8 No Blind Martial Artist (Apex Mage Hybrid)
                          Lara Croft Dusk (Jessica James) PL8 ?? Calamity Jane Legacy (Mage?)
                          Onion Bubs Kala the Barabarian PL9 N/A LARP Enthusiast (Norm)
                          hero4hire Fastlane PL9 ?? Speedster/Kineticist (Apex?)
                          CaptainChaos Mistress Edrissa (Mina Dubois) PL8 No Self-taught witch (Mage)
                          mrdent12 Robert Blake aka Damien Thorne PL8 No Warlock (Mage)
                          Nareik123 Juliet "JD" Dawson PL9 Yes Fluid Metal (Tech)
                          BTW, when is recruiting going to close?
                          Last edited by jmucchiello; 4th November 2018, 08:50 AM.

Comment

I made some updates to Blink. I removed his Comprehend language schtick as it didn't jive with he other abilities. Instead I expanded his sensory capabilities, including "Awareness: Apex" and "Awareness: Mana". I also cut back his raw strength and fighting and added a few more skills.

Please also remember, I am open to considering houserules if people want to suggest them.
                            Since I'm spending 30 pp (60 ranks) on skills, I wouldn't mind 3 skill points per PP (excluding Close and Ranged Combat, of course). (And I would end up spending the extra points on even more skills.

I also like the common Presence houserule you see around here. But that won't save me 10 PP like the above idea. Might be too late for these though.

Comment

I have a question about the mage. Would using powers involve verbal and somantic components or would they work like typical comics/films/TV?

Comment

I myself listed Dataminer's needing somatic hand movements, though if unnecessary I can remove that.

Comment

Working...
                                X