• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: In the Shadow of Imperator: Interlude

Diego Gonzalez
    HP: 1
    CND: -1 toughness

Diego simply nods respectfully, like a soldier would to a superior officer and heads out. All things considered, it could have gone much worse. One more slip up though things would get bad for the team very quickly is the sense that Diego gets. It was all but official now, Diego was no longer an embedded spy or had a life outside of the cause. Academic credentials, feisty girl friend, and comforts of free global travel were no more. In a sense it was freeing to not have to worry about going back simply because there was no back to go to. Despite the name, death ground was comforting.

Outside the bunker, Diego nods at Sanders. The honour of guarding Null clearly made her very serious and rightfully so. The Under City was a dangerous place if Null fell there was no one else who could lead the movement that Diego knew. Collecting his weapons, comm link, and the cell phone again, he doesn't bother trying to make small talk. Putting the knife back on his ankle, pistol tucked in his back, and rifle in one arm he prepares to head back to the hospital. As for the cell phone and commlink, he makes sure the batteries are removed and puts them in his pocket. For good measure, he puts the batteries in a separate pocket of his burned jacket. "As soon as I have information to report, I will reach out to you for a meeting with Colonel Costa.", is all Diego says as he heads back into the Under City.

It wasn't a place one walked around lightly. An assault rifle and occasional bullet scared away most, but after such an important meeting Diego wanted to make sure he wasn't being followed. Instead of going the way he knew back, he turned into a dark path that he had scoped hope with his rifle first and hid behind the nearest object to see if anyone turned with him. Regardless if someone did, he stayed where he was and simply took note of it. The day had taken it's toll on his tired body and the feeling of death from Praetor Null had only added to it. He was in no means interested in another fight.

Proceeding to head back, he repeated the misdirection exercise twice more before returning back to the path to the hospital once confident no one had followed him. In addition, he made sure to step lightly. Any leeway they had was gone. For his part, he didn't want to be the one who lost them Ascension or compromised the one sort of safe place they had. upon arrival at the hospital, he approached the first teammate he saw and asked for a quick team meeting.

Once everyone assembled he kept a calm yet serious tone being careful with that he said inside the hospital. "We got lucky with Preator Null. It could have gone much worse. He is giving us time for now, but he expects results and us to not mess up anymore. No more compromising bases, endangering his men, or being clumsy in the field. We need to be on top of our game. Before you go an rest Peter, can I have a word outside. I am going to set out tomorrow looking for the Firs Generation and could use your guidance.", asks Diego.

Lose any tail 16 or if expertise(spy) can be used it is 24.
    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

• Re: In the Shadow of Imperator: Bring the Dawn

Peter Ezima
      HP: 1 / LP: 0
      COND: -1 (-1 to vest)

Once again, Peter joined Diego outside, but a little more relieved that the worst of it had been avoided. But he had to wonder about Diego's intention on searching out the First Generation so soon. Well, time to ask, rather than assume. "Not much rest for the weary, huh? What do you have in mind, and why?"

OOC
      Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
      Crinoverse - Avengers
      Crinoverse - Young Avengers
      Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
      Crinoverse - Time After Time
      Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
      Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
      Extreme Unction

Comment

The returns of weapons and equipment goes by routinely. Neither of you offering or inviting smalltalk. Diego's warning that he would contact her about reaching out to Colonel Silvia Costa was met with a nod.

"I am going to be busy the rest of the day. After that, let me know if you need me. If I'm idle too long the Colonel is bound to find work for me."

After the short exchange Diego set out for the hospital the team was temporarily basing out of. The Under City is full of potential predators and ambushers. A fair distance from the storage bunker that serves for the debriefing site Diego notices that he is being followed by three people. He isn't able to see faces or get any details about them. They hide themselves too well, and he has to resort to thermal vision to track them. But he is eventually able to shake the trio and, when he feel secure in this, he move on without further issue during his trek back to the hospital.
        Roll Call thread: [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/54-Character-Cache?p=211&viewfull=1#post211]Character Cache[/url]

Comment

Diego Gonzalez

In response to Sanders before heading out he nods. "I am going to ground until I get more information. I will reach out when I come back up. My report will be of interest to Colonel Costa.", says Diego.

Once Diego and Peter are far enough from the hospital, Diego gives one more look around to make sure there is no prying ears. Even so, he replies to the question in a lower voice. "The First Generation are simply possibly allies. If the intelligence of some of them being manipulated by Dr. Sokolov is true, they will be of great value to Praetor Null's forces. Rest is overrated until we win. Also, I don't trust Dr. Sokolov and staying in that place for too long with who knows what does not sit well with me.", says Diego. Dr. Sokolov might keep his promise to help, in his way, or may not. Either way, the man didn't seem the most honourable or reliable as an ally. If the First Generation were an ounce of what Diego thought, they would make better allies.

Like most things with Diego, he didn't exactly say what he meant where he might be overheard. "The reason I wanted to talk to you out here is because of the tablet you picked up in the lab. We need to have any information that may be on it. In the hospital, Dr. Sokolov is probably listening to our eery word. I don't doubt we are safe, but he might not want us knowing what is on that tablet. If you can find a place, would it be too much to get the data off the tablet?", inquires Diego in a low whisper.
          [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

Peter Ezima

Peter listened, but inside he felt more concern. How much of this was Diego's genuine concern, and how much was an edict from Praetor Null? Whom they served yes, but the success of their mission depended on Dr. Sokolov's goodwill right now. And the Doctor clearly held influence over the First Generation, if Ren, her sister and the black-clad fighters were examples. Perhaps as a spy, Diego was distrusting of the Doctor by default - but would scouting them out alienate Sokolov?

Peter decided to not say anything on it, with Diego by now their group's unofficial leader. "I need to fix it, and then bypass any security. But hypothetically yes, with enough time and no interference, I could. Assuming of course, there aren't any Imperator-level elements of hardware or software involved."

OOC
            Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
            Crinoverse - Avengers
            Extreme Unction

Comment

Alexandria Thompson
              HP: 2

After her nap, Alex spent the remainder of her spare time keeping herself occupied. She went round the party and offered to clean and perform routine weapon maitenance with the firearms. She gathered ammunition from part spent clips and compiled them into full clips, then distributed them between each party member, keeping the spares for herself and Diego. Any spare time was kept doing physical exercise, push ups, sit ups and other core exercises, as well as practicing knife exercises. She kept her body loose and in practice. If there was anymore time available, she finally spent time studying maps and other geographic locations around their location. She didn't want Diego to be the only one who would navigate and if they did need to abandon their base, it would be useful to have some inkling of what was going on.

When Diego returned and pulled the team together, Alex kept herself to the corner. She listened to his feed back, but spent a bit of time kicking herself. She had to agree, there were plenty of fumbles and awkward situations from the mission and they deserved the criticism, but a part of her railed against it. This was far from her speciality. She was a shock trooper, a soldier of Imperators grand army! If Null asked her to storm a room or clear out a building, it would be done in maximum efficiency. However, all of this sneaking and subtlty was not what she was good at. She did wonder if maybe being on the team was for the best. But her mind cut back to the firefight in the underground facility with Winters, would the team have survived without her? Maybe, but with substantial more difficulty.

She made a mental note to speak to Diego, to maybe get some help on more subtlty and discretion.

"Whats the plan Diego?"
              Current Games

Jason Anderson (Telekinetic Storm): Infinite New Vindicators
              Alexandria Downes (Seraph): Operation Phoenix

Comment

Diego Gonzalez

Peters scene

Diego simply nods. "I would appreciate you doing what you can without arousing suspicion of Sokolov. We need to stay on his good side. He is a powerful ally.", says Diego before heading back inside for some rest and a little more preserved hospital food. It had been a trying day and he needed to sleep a few hours before heading out in search of First Generation.

Meeting Scene

"We are hot right now. Any exposure where Stronghold can even get a whiff of us puts the whole operation in danger. Right now we are safe enough and enough provisions to hold us. My suggestion is each of us get some rest for the trials to come and maybe train a little because our missions will only get more difficult from here now that Colonel Winters knows our faces well. Hopefully, things will cool off enough for us to resume normal operations. The downtime will also help get a grip on what has happened to Hitori. If Dr. Sokolov will come through with helping towards Ascension it will be a bonus.", says Diego. He didn't bother mentioning his own plans of scouting again as fatigue was starting to set in. "All I can ask is that you stay off Strongholds radar and keep your down. Sometimes, waiting is all you can do.", adds Diego. Even he had to remind himself of that sometimes.

Comment

Peter Ezima

Diego simply nods. "I would appreciate you doing what you can without arousing suspicion of Sokolov. We need to stay on his good side. He is a powerful ally.", says Diego before heading back inside for some rest and a little more preserved hospital food. It had been a trying day and he needed to sleep a few hours before heading out in search of First Generation.
                  "Be careful. What you plan on doing might arouse his suspicion anyway." Peter responded as a word of warning. "Let me know when you've found a satisfactory place to work on it." He added before going inside also to get that rest, food and burn treatment.
                  Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                  Crinoverse - Avengers
                  Extreme Unction

Comment

• Re: Hitori Zanzo

HP: 0
                    LP: 0
                    CND: Fine, for a mutated abomination

Hitori listens to what Diego has to say. He is of course correct, but waiting too long meant he would get hungry. An inhumanly voice, unequivocally Hitori's, but distorted, comes out from the creature "I do not mind waiting Diego san, however, this thing might want to eat again at some point. And you all know what does that mean. I will have to go out and ...." he makes an uncomfortable silence, as if struggling to say the word. "... feed." After letting that hang in the air for a while, he continues. "I've tried the normal food, but it doesn't satiate the hunger. I dont know how would it react to live animals"
                    He then falls silent, having nothing else to add.
                    [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Working...
                    X